Base Reset

JumpyMunkey91S

Hello,

So I was just playing in my friend's world and around mid day of Day 65, her game crashed, then once we all got back in the game our base completely reset itself. All room were blocked off again as if the building was untouched, and only 2 weapons vaults were still in the building. Our outside garden is still there but it doesn't connect to the back of the base like how we had it. Everything else in the building itself that we made and stored is completely gone. We are on the Xbox One version. If you guys could help us out that would be awesome because we love the game and we don't mind the game crashes but the base reseting is very upsetting. If you guys need any other info about the world, base, or the person who made the world and who all was in it and what they had I can give you that information.

Thank you.

Hi JumpyMunkey91S ,

Thank you for the bug report. It sounds like you have been hit with a terrain rewrite bug (Md5 error). I'm sorry you have had your base reset. We do have a dedicated thread related to md5 errors, which contains some preventative measures and also some unofficial workarounds that may help you retrieve your save immediately after a reset on Xbox1 here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting-(MD5-Issue)

Cheers,

Ro

This bug ruined the game for me

I have logged several days worth of play time into this game on the Xbox One. I kept pushing through every time I experienced this bug, but I am finally realizing that, after over a year of this being a known issue, it doesn't look like devs are motivated to fix it. And honestly, getting to day 49+ just to lose my forge and my supply chests *again*, moving bases...honestly I don't even have the energy to explain how patient I have been with this bug and working around it and trying to prevent it and patiently waiting for the patch. I am just honestly tired of putting in so much effort into a game to watch it all wiped away due to a long known error. If it is ever fixed, I'll try the game again. But, until then, I just have no motivation to put effort into a game that will just totally wipe it away. So disappointed in this bug and the lack of progress on fixing it. This could have been an amazing game.

Hi Pixie Guts,

The team and I are fully aware of how disheartening and frustrating it can be for players to lose progress through md5 errors. I fully understand your reasoning for putting the game down until more progress is made on terrain rewrites, but I assure you the team are still constantly working towards fixing as many issues as possible and the Md5 error continues to remain a top priority among our team. Due to the nature of this issue there can be many different triggers for an md5 error. The team are constantly working to try track down these triggers and remove them from the game.

Thanks,

Ro

This Game Does Not Work

Why does nobody seem to mind that this game does not actually work on the console?

It is not just that it is buggy, or freezes, or starts to have worse and worse fog that makes it impossible to see, or that there is a ridiculous workaround (that does not actually work) requiring you to delete your local save file every time it crashes, or even that it will always crash eventually. The worst part is that, even if you put up with all of the above (any of which is unacceptable from a console game which you paid for) the game will eventually delete your base, your chests, and all your items except what you were carrying.

If you use an existing house, this happens around day 20. If you build your own, around day 35. Existing houses revert to their start game condition. Bases you build disappear, including gardens (which is sort of like reverting to their start game condition of not existing).

The worst part is reading all the bug reports, false claims of fixes, desperate attempts at workarounds, and unwillingness to admit this game was launched on consoles when it was not even close to ready and is highly unstable.

You are scam artists. This is a fraud. You are stealing from people by lying about the very existence of a game. This is a concept, perhaps a great one, that does not yet exist on consoles.

You stole from me (twice, because I was stupid enough to purchase two licenses before I played long enough to experience my first crash). Then, to top it off, you have no customer service.

I cannot speak to anyone. I cannot even email. I have to wait days to get permission to write on an internet forum for nothing more than the hope someone else will not be ripped off.

Congratulations. Your scam worked. You have stolen money from every person who purchased this garbage.

Notes

If you do play this game, be aware that the fog is likely a sign of instability. I have found nothing that works in the long run. Exiting and reloading will often clear the weather up. But, eventually, the dense fog will become permanent, the game will crash, and you will end up looking at your home screen. When you reload everything you spent time setting up will be gone. You will have no base, no items, no bedroll, and will be facing starting over again.

If you are one of the idiots in those DirecTV commercials that enjoys horrible things, then this is the game for you. If, however, you play games for fun you should look elsewhere.

My base half disappeared bug report

I am trying to report a bug and in this mess I have no idea if I am in the right place, but I'm trying so I don't have to listen to one of the developers insult or yell at me like I see on a lot of other posts.

I (Empoweredword50) on xbox one S created a private game using "Vince" as my character on Navezgane map and named the file 1stt with two t's not a typo...My base had a 16 block wide piece swiped out, I apologize I can not help you with the other dimension other than to say it had to be over 25 blocks because it swiped out the entire base including what I would guess was a 6 or 7 block deep dug out basement. It happened after the game crashed and was reloaded. I do not recall the exact settings as I switched everything to dummy mode to try to build back what I had lost only to become more frustrated after the game crashed a few moments after reloading. I know the daylight was already set to 18 hours before hand though. Hopefully that will suffice your development team as a properly reported bug so I do not get blamed for being the problem with this game.If that is not enough information the best way to recreate the problem from my reading is try to play 7 days to die on a console.

That having been said I can't believe after this amount of time there is no fix to this issue. Or if there is I can't seem to find it anywhere. I try popping on this forum to see if anyone else has had a similar problem only to find out it seem to have been going on since the game was released. I have read hundreds of posts and I have to say most of the responses are BS. We cant make a manual save, it would take more time than just fixing the issue......yea, that was in november of 16 post, you cant figure out how to make a manual save option in over a year? or fix the bug that seems to be annihilating peoples bases? I read one post where some development person responded to a customers complaint by calling him/her(couldn't tell by the name) childish for complaining about a game they spent 60+ real world hours building. Then blaming the customer for not properly reporting the bug on the correct forum. That if only the customers would properly report all the bugs we could fix them with our magic wands. Blame the customer? I have managed a business for over 10 years and I would be out on my ass if I had these kinds of responses to my customer complaints. Then the next snide comeback from some tech guru blaming Microsoft storage space, and if all the people complaining about the game constantly crashing would only tell Microsoft to increase this or not limit that, ITS YOUR GAME, FIX IT!!! Don't tell us to do your job for you, or expect Microsoft to make some change to accommodate a game that is so screwed up its currently selling for $9.

Hi RHP997,

Thank you for the comments. The team and I are fully aware how frustrating and disheartening some of the issues with 7DTD can be. I can assure you we take community feedback seriously and are constantly working to improve stability and add features to the game. I fully understand you taking a stance on putting down 7DTD until these issues are rectified, but believe me when I say the team are still hard at work on 7DTD.

Ro

Hi empoweredword50,

Thank you for the bug report. We always appreciate as much information on each issue as possible as it may help us discover a new perspective on the issue. As for the issue itself, we have made progress with each patch but due to the nature of terrain rewrites, there are multiple triggers and causes for this issue, so there is not just one fix for the bug but many. I can assure you the team are constantly working towards eradicating each of these triggers and updating/stabilizing the game. The team and I fully understand your frustrations with these issues.

Ro

Stop adding features!

Hi RHP997,

Thank you for the comments. The team and I are fully aware how frustrating and disheartening some of the issues with 7DTD can be. I can assure you we take community feedback seriously and are constantly working to improve stability and add features to the game. I fully understand you taking a stance on putting down 7DTD until these issues are rectified, but believe me when I say the team are still hard at work on 7DTD.

Ro

Stop adding features and just fix the game, most of the newer stuff no one can get to because we have to restart the game so often after everything disappears...I had a chainsaw for about 20 minutes.....but thank god there are vending machines to rent out.

i wish I made it to 35

Why does nobody seem to mind that this game does not actually work on the console?

It is not just that it is buggy, or freezes, or starts to have worse and worse fog that makes it impossible to see, or that there is a ridiculous workaround (that does not actually work) requiring you to delete your local save file every time it crashes, or even that it will always crash eventually. The worst part is that, even if you put up with all of the above (any of which is unacceptable from a console game which you paid for) the game will eventually delete your base, your chests, and all your items except what you were carrying.

If you use an existing house, this happens around day 20. If you build your own, around day 35. Existing houses revert to their start game condition. Bases you build disappear, including gardens (which is sort of like reverting to their start game condition of not existing).

The worst part is reading all the bug reports, false claims of fixes, desperate attempts at workarounds, and unwillingness to admit this game was launched on consoles when it was not even close to ready and is highly unstable.

You are scam artists. This is a fraud. You are stealing from people by lying about the very existence of a game. This is a concept, perhaps a great one, that does not yet exist on consoles.

You stole from me (twice, because I was stupid enough to purchase two licenses before I played long enough to experience my first crash). Then, to top it off, you have no customer service.

I cannot speak to anyone. I cannot even email. I have to wait days to get permission to write on an internet forum for nothing more than the hope someone else will not be ripped off.

Congratulations. Your scam worked. You have stolen money from every person who purchased this garbage.

I made it to day 31 on the first try, game crashed and I vowed never to play again, bugs reported to be fixed on last patch so I decided to try again, only made it to day 11 to 14 somewhere and base is gone, never once in my life have i complained on a video game forum but this is ridiculous (I own No Mans Sky). Bought this game for my brother and my friend for Christmas and just told them to delete it and gave them a $25 gift card to gamestop. I also wrote reviews on the Microsoft and Amazon stores to try and help people not make this mistake.

Hi empoweredword50,

As I mentioned earlier I do fully understand players frustrations with 7DTD. The team are constantly working on performance updates and bug fixes as well as trying to implement certain features from the PC. There is developers hard at work trying to squash and fix as much bugs as possible. The team tries to fix as many issues as possible every patch and since the games release numerous triggers and causes for the md5 have been patched, but due to the nature of this issue there any many triggers for terrain resets etc so it is a continuous work in progress.

Cheers,

Ro

What?

Hi empoweredword50,

As I mentioned earlier I do fully understand players frustrations with 7DTD. The team are constantly working on performance updates and bug fixes as well as trying to implement certain features from the PC. There is developers hard at work trying to squash and fix as much bugs as possible. The team tries to fix as many issues as possible every patch and since the games release numerous triggers and causes for the md5 have been patched, but due to the nature of this issue there any many triggers for terrain resets etc so it is a continuous work in progress.

Cheers,

Ro

How do you acknowledge your game does not work, acknowledge the frustration someone feels after you have defrauded them, and then say "Cheers"?

That is absurd.

Right now you are hoping more people continue to purchase and download the game, while you know it does not work.

Is this some sort of joke to you?

Do you not see anything wrong with fraud or theft?

The game is not stable. It does not work. You owe refunds to every person that has purchased it and should cease selling it on consoles immediately.

Interestingly, the forum never lets me login. I have to go through a password reset to login because my password never works.

Does that happen to everyone that reports a crash?

Hi RHP997,

Sorry for my choice of words, I meant no offence by my sign off at all and I'm sorry if it came across that way. What I was trying to explain was that team as a whole are constantly working on and trying to fix issues with 7DTD. I do fully understand your frustrations and at no point in the development cycle of 7DTD has anything ever been a joke to me.

I take my job very seriously, and taking community feedback good or bad is equally important to myself and the team. Unfortunately I am unable to offer refunds to players, if you do wish to do so you would have to contact the retailer that sold you your copy.

Thanks,

Ro

MD5 Base Reset.

Rather than crying about it I'd like to share the circumstances of my latest base reset due to the MD5 Error.

Platform: Xbox One

Mode; Private game on Random Gen.

Day 13, I chose to build my base out in the open as I've noticed that the md5 error happens most often in the prefab buildings. I started to dig into the ground and I built my normal base consisting of a space underneath log spike traps. I had about six forges and had done quite a bit of mining off to the side of my base rather than directly underneath it. I had excavated quite a bit of ground to the side of my base and I just started to build an underground farm when my game crashed for about the third time during this play through on restarting the game I found that the ground had completely reset and my base was completely gone.

My observations with this error are that every time this has happened to me I have had a wide open space from mining underneath my base so am I experienced one of the major causes is having big Open Spaces from mining underneath my base. From my experience and what I've seen from others building in the gas station prefabs usually will result in an md5 error so this should be avoided. Also I would recommend trying to build mines a decent distance away from your base as something about having the huge open pit mines sometimes will cause the ground to reset.

I apologize for any errors in this writing I use the talk-to-text feature as I didn't feel like typing this all out on my phone.

Game crashed again, took half my base with it

Since the last update, this has been happening way too often to be playable. I literally spent a week gathering materials and building my base up. Then all the sudden the game crashes and my base has literally been chopped in half, with one half being gone....and it happened to be the half that held my newly build work bench, all my forges and about half of all my weaponry and food. I had issues with crashing and such before the last major update, but it was not anything I couldn't handle. Now, since the last update it happens all the time. I bought this game for my daughter and told 5 friends to purchase the game too and every single one of them has had similar things happen to them. I can deal with lag, I can deal with being kicked from the game from time to time. But I cannot deal with spending hours of my life building something, only to have it vanish for no good reason. What makes matters worse is, I was in the process of building and all my weapons were in weapon box. So now im left with half a base, totally empty save for one chest with some random stuff in it...and a single pistol with a full clip. So basically, I would have to start over totally fresh again. When is this being fixed? Any solid dates? I have pushed people into getting this game hardcore, because when it works it's a wonderful game. However, it no longer works and now everyone feels like it was wasted money. I cant bring myself to go and rebuild again, knowing tomorrow it might just vanish. This is an important matter than everyone I know is having and I hope it is fixed soon.

sad

I totally agree with the poster's views. You spend weeks (If youre lucky to get that far) building something only to have it vanish. That is totally broken and seems to have gotten much worse since this last update that supposedly fixed issues. I had multiple people purchase the game as well when I first learned about it and now I look like a fool that had a handful of people waste their money on a broken game. The fact that it has been doing it for awhile now with no solid news from the makers as to when they will fix it is very disheartening. All we get is an "oh we are sorry and we are looking into it". That feeling you get when you just get swept under the rug...

I need your help

Hi, my gamer tag on Xbox one is sound logic with the o's being (zero's). Anyway I got into this game after watching neebs gaming on YouTube play, since then I've been able to get my manager at work to watch neebs gaming and to try the game. We have bee b playing the game to day 66 and had a really good really strong base of op going. And the Game decided to crash, the stuff we built disappeared and the buildings we leveled re-spawned. Taking away parts of our base and pyramid and our gear and food and ammo and crafting stations. I still really like this game on the Xbox one but I don't know how much more of this I can take. This is the 2nd time it has happened and I'm fairly sure it's nothing to do with either me or my friends connections. We lost so much it's actually devestating. Any of the communitys input and knowledge on the matter is welcome here and I hope to even see a response from funpimps. Thank you.

Interestingly, the forum never lets me login. I have to go through a password reset to login because my password never works.

Does that happen to everyone that reports a crash?

All new users have some reduced privileges, such as their first posts requiring manual approval. This is largely a spam prevention feature. It could be a consequence of that, or perhaps the forums can't remember you due to your browser's settings for cookies etc.

For me it's the character reset that's killing the the game not come across my Base been wiped yet just sick to death of leveling up to over 100 to be reset back to 0 it's got to be the worst bug the game has some of the development team need to sit and play this game themselves for hours on end to see what am taking about all you get is there looking into it but I have herd that for the last 9months these bugs should be there main focus and not release a patch until they have found the cause of these bugs hope I don't have to wait another 9months

Hi Jamie87,

At the moment there is no date set for when this issue may be resolved. It is something I have brought up to the team and the developers are investigating. Unfortunately this may not be of great comfort to players who are experiencing this issue currently, but every measure has been taken to insure this has been given the proper due diligence.

Thanks,

Ro

Still loosing games

This reset problem has only gotten worse since the last update. And no it is not a comfort to hear, Day after day, that you are working on it. After a year of that we mostly find that hard to believe. Not mad, just tired of reading the same answer, and yes I am sure you are tired of hearing the same complaints, but if the problem were fixed or at least an attempt was made we might feel better.

I think the numbers must look better on your end because people have just quit playing, all my friends have. But I am stubborn, it is my goal to get pass day 51, haven’t yet, on the last 14 game tries. And I don’t report them because, well, why?? The stats are the same as everyone else’s, as soon I try to mine whether close to a base or not; whether I build in a prefab or from scratch, about day 51 or before my screen goes black and when I log back in half of everything is gone. Of course my screen goes blank lots of times before that too, but it takes a bit for it to work up to taking all you have.

I get that you hired new people, but before you make it bigger shouldn’t you make it better, as in work better??? Graphics are great but not if they don’t work.

Multiple crashes/1 partial house-base reset

So I've had multiple crashes back to Xbox dashboard playing either local 1 and 2 player. The crashes happen more often when playing 2 player but happen almost always when playing for a few hours on local single player. I haven't noticed a pattern when it happens because it's always at random: whether I'm in my inventory, standing still (waiting for morning), exploring/looting, in pause menu, it doesn't seem to matter what is happening at the time. I've even quit out back to the game's main menu before going on a long journey hoping it wouldn't crash on me during and immediatly upon loading back into my game the HUD staring cutting in and out and crashing a few seconds later. One of the times really hurt though, my son and I were playing and running back to our house/base before nightfall. The game does the same thing every time, goes to black screen then to the Xbox dashboard. I decided we take a break because the game had crashed multiple times before this and I was getting frustrated. This time was different though. When I decided to hop back in the next day my character still had everything in my inventory but wasn't where I had been when the game crashed, I was on the roof of our house/base and the time in game had jumped forward by about 4 hours. I had never been on the roof of our base before so I was confused about that and the time being jumped forward. I just played it out til morning though killing multiple zombies down below. Once morning hit I broke a hole in the roof to access the attic where our bedrolls were and all of our loot in the gun safe and suitcase and a few wooden containers that I had placed. I come to see that the wooden containers and bedrolls were gone but the gun safe and suitcase that were in the house before were now untouched and the door leading to the room was back. All of our loot from playing the last 2 weeks was gone so I decided to check the rest of the house. Everything in the house that we had looted prior was now untouched and only parts of the house we're back to before we had been there. The garage door was fixed where we had broken through, the holes in the garage walls that I removed for more light were still there and the bottom two pieces of the ladder I took out leading to the attic where we set up base were still gone, and all the shrubbery in the front yard I removed was still gone. Luckily we had another base far away with loot we collected prior to this base so we weren't empty handed other than what was still on our characters. We decided on a new area and set up a base with all that we had from our first base and hopefully with the workaround I found in one of the forums here it will help keep us from losing loot and wasting time. I don't believe the information I gave here will help that much to pinpoint the cause of these crashes but I do feel better sharing my experience here and getting it off my chest to a community who plays the game. I would like to say that this is a great game in many ways and to me very unique. Keep up the good hard work and I look forward to sharing what I can to help this game for the future. You can give thanks to Neebs Gaming for introducing me.

Archived