Zip Line Transportation???

Wyze

I continue to hear players on my server crying for cars to travel greater distances faster... How about zip lines? What if we could create zip lines to move through hilly forest areas faster? You could even connect them between buildings in the city areas...

[QUOTE=SanguumRides;136018]Killer idea - definitely outside the box![/QUOTE] Well thank you! I have a lot of them for sure... I continue to post them and hope to maybe see one in the game someday. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=Tetrameth;136031]Would make for some hilarious moments if spider zombies were able to get onto these zip lines as well ![/QUOTE] LOL IKR? That would be greatness! Hahahaha

This has been brought up many times, however how would we implement it? Would you painstakingly build temp towers to place 3 pieces of line, take down the tower, move across, build up another 3 pieces? Have to points and just magically connect them? Would you get annoyed at having to build two towers on opposite slopes to connect two places, or be satisfied with fast track one way and running back the other? Don't get me wrong, if it can be thought out correctly then I'd be all for it. Here are some alternatives: -Hang gliders. Same as zip lines, just able to use them from any high place. Can break on landing, gives a reason to farm cotton for cloth. -"Teleport pads" unrealistic yes, but hear me out. Requires very rare materials and a required built structure. Since the map is infinite these would be a godsend. Could run on zombie parts for a one way trip giving purpose for "farming" zombies. -Flowing water + boat, floatie, raft et cetera.

I like the hang gliders option (and parachute for quick escape off a tall building), but can you imagine how fast the game would have to draw the scenery... it's already a bit slow loading when flying in God mode. We'll get faster transportation, I don't know about anything as cool as gliders, but something... Farcry 3 has zip lines, and they would be cool, but that's a lot to do.

[quote=euzio;136192]i can see it now.... People are gonna just gonna start quoting "it's not who i am underneath, it's what i do, that defines me...." before leaping off a scaffolding and zip lining down xd[/quote] lol ikr? "i am batman!"

[QUOTE=Raithen;136258]This has been brought up many times, however how would we implement it? Would you painstakingly build temp towers to place 3 pieces of line, take down the tower, move across, build up another 3 pieces? Have to points and just magically connect them? Would you get annoyed at having to build two towers on opposite slopes to connect two places, or be satisfied with fast track one way and running back the other? Don't get me wrong, if it can be thought out correctly then I'd be all for it. Here are some alternatives: -Hang gliders. Same as zip lines, just able to use them from any high place. Can break on landing, gives a reason to farm cotton for cloth. -"Teleport pads" unrealistic yes, but hear me out. Requires very rare materials and a required built structure. Since the map is infinite these would be a godsend. Could run on zombie parts for a one way trip giving purpose for "farming" zombies. -Flowing water + boat, floatie, raft et cetera.[/QUOTE] In my mind, when I posted this, I thought it would be as simple as new recipe craft zip line, player crafts zipline (blocks everything is blocks) and the zipline blocks can be connected to each other infinitely from point a to point b. the programming logic is as simple as if the starting point is connected to a solid structure and the ending point is connected to a solid structure without any breaks inbetween then the line is mountable. next line of logic is, if the player has "mounted" the line at a location where there is a descending angle to be traveled upon then the player begins to zip down the line. However if there is no more descending path along the zip line to travel then nothing happens or if the line is not complete at any place then travel is not possible. Furthermore if the line is broken after completion at any place then the entire line collapses and the player will have to create a new one from scratch. As for the rest of the rest... yes it would be a one way, all be it quick way to traverse down a mountain or a building and yes if a user wanted to build a tower for the sole purpose of zipping back then that would certainly be an option. I see it not too far unlike the mine carts in mine craft where players may end up making huge roller coaster rides out of the things connecting them for miles and miles in a giant circle who knows... there could be enough "physics" engine involved to allow the player to travel down and then up a little bit to begin another long down... maybe some connectors? maybe you have to jump from line to line... or maybe keep it simple and use one line at a time for a limited distance... its all good it could all be fun...

Well, technically, the coffee buzz is the means of transportation now. Since it does allow us to have unlimited stamina so we can sprint all we want for a certain duration. Couple that with coffee being able to be grown now and its really a viable form of long distance travel. But definitely something else that would help with transportation would be good.

Archived