Acer Aspire laptop

sathyasathyaacse

They're mid-range laptops with a large variety of specs. Some are barely capable of anything other than Minecraft, others will handle the game quite well.

Here is a Comment I made in another recent discussion. If you want to spend on a gaming system, you can't go wrong here....

If you're going to go blow money on a good system, Here is some reading I recommend....

https://gizmodo.com/msis-gs63vr-is-a-perfectly-balanced-gaming-laptop-1821213233

(I actually helped a friend purchase one of these recently, and it is freaking amazing for what you get overall. I did a lot of research as well, and it came out to be the best buy overall.)

And for the more budget minded....

https://gizmodo.com/this-is-the-perfect-laptop-under-1-000-1821280855

IMHO, Don't go with anything less than a 1060 (or equivalent) and 12GB RAM. 16GB is preferred greatly.

It's also nice when the have a SSD for Windows, and a HDD for everything else. (For some stupid reason though, they still install Steam on the SSD, so be sure to move it if the SSD is small.)

Which one is the best HP gaming laptops to buy?

None, because HP. Same with Dell. Alienware has been ♥♥♥♥ since Dell bought Alienware. It's just a re-branding of their regular top-tier systems with added bloat and an inflated cost. You're paying for the name.

Merged this with the other discussion in the correct section.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want a gaming system, the two best manufacturers to stick with are Acer and MSI.

• 4 weeks later...

Laptops are just not worth it for gaming purposes. Even the best ones specifically built for gaming often have issues with gaming.

If you still want to be persistent on getting a gaming laptop, then my suggestion would be to focus mainly on the graphics performance of the laptop. Any laptop with a good dedicated graphics card will always have a good CPU and ram to compliment the setup. When looking at the specs of a laptop, google search ("graphics card model name/number" passmark), and click on the link provided to see if the score is above 4000 which is what I suggest to be the bare minimum for this game to run smoothly on medium settings. Passmark scores may not be a precise benchmark for gaming, but I think it's a really good and reliable reference to work with.

Example of a good minimum GPU for a gaming laptop: google search --> (gtx 970m passmark) and you'll get this site: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+970M

Also, I agree with roberthaas880, Asus do make good laptops (and motherboards for desktop PCs). Acer is a very popular choice for general use, but not so much for gaming. Alienware is as it's always been... heavily overpriced like a macbook for no good reason.

And of course, a lot of ppl will argue that a cheap onboard graphics based laptop will run this game just fine on low settings so long as the CPU is powerful enough and there's enough ram to handle it... but I really would never suggest it. Not only would that theory only maybe work with this game, it would never work with most other games. And who plans on only playing this game for the next 5+ years? It's just not practical. Purchase based on gaming in general and you'll feel much more satisfied with your choice in the end.

• 1 month later...
I don't know much about Asus and Dell, but my gaming laptop is the Acer E5-576G-576, which has a cheap price and a fast operating system,so I really like Acer even though it has a lot of drawbacks.

I truly mean no offense here, but to call that a gaming laptop is to basically call a Smart car a race car. It's got a moderate CPU, minimal RAM, and a questionable GPU.

Basically, you get what you pay for, and when you buy cheap, you get cheap. I'm not saying Acer is bad. They make very solid systems. That's just not one that can truly be called a gaming laptop. It would struggle to play most quality games released in the past few years.

Archived