Roaming Hordes

therealguy_

Hey so I’m new to this game and playing on console at the moment. So it started on day 9 that I had a medium sized of zombies started walking by my base but they didnt detect me. Some even got stuck on my traps. After they passed a few more stragglers showed up a bit later and also passed by. Afterwards early on day 10 another damn group showed up at my base but I killed them easily. So a few minutes later even more guys are showing up to my base but I stopped playing to make this post. So I have to ask is this normal or am I extremely unlucky. I’m not close to the city and it is dog day and I’m worried that if I head out I’m going to get destroyed by dogs and wandering zombies.

tldr: Multiple hordes wandering to my base day 9-10, is this normal.

I'll move this to the console section since you're on that side of the fence.

Yes, random wandering hordes are random. They are spawned in randomly and are generally targeted at the chunk the player is in.

If you're generating a lot of heat, you can get additional screamer hordes.

I've had the same thing happen on days 3-5 before. It's just bad luck with the randomizer. Fortunately, they are usually pretty easy to hide from. I like to wait for them to pass, then follow and pick them off one at a time. Great for exp and drops early game.

I like to boost up my Blunt Weapon skill and Pummel Pete perk early so when herds roll through, I just go up and bop them on the head to build up the skill. Just make sure you kite them around in an open area so they don't flank you (and they will try). I got a string of herds rolling thru at night on my recent play through, so that is no good for this method (setting at walk/day and run/night).

If you are moving around a lot exploring, chances are that you have missed the wandering hordes. When the wandering horde spawns, they starting walking in the direction of the the players position. Obsviosuly, moving in almost any direction can cause you to miss them.

Also, the wandering hordes will usually have walkers and crawlers. Given enough time the walkers will out pace the crawlers and create two separate groups of zombies.

Hey so I’m new to this game and playing on console at the moment. So it started on day 9 that I had a medium sized of zombies started walking by my base but they didnt detect me. Some even got stuck on my traps. After they passed a few more stragglers showed up a bit later and also passed by. Afterwards early on day 10 another damn group showed up at my base but I killed them easily. So a few minutes later even more guys are showing up to my base but I stopped playing to make this post. So I have to ask is this normal or am I extremely unlucky.

No, in fact, you're extremely lucky.

I think you'd be unlucky if you weren't getting any roaming hordes at all. I mean, could you imagine how boring it would get if zombies only came by every 7 days?

I started a new game last Friday and even I've been getting more wandering hordes, too. But of course now I've said that they'll probably stop coming again! *sighs*

If only there was a "Horde Mode" option... :o

No, in fact, you're extremely lucky.

I think you'd be unlucky if you weren't getting any roaming hordes at all. I mean, could you imagine how boring it would get if zombies only came by every 7 days?

I started a new game last Friday and even I've been getting more wandering hordes, too. But of course now I've said that they'll probably stop coming again! *sighs*

If only there was a "Horde Mode" option... :o

After 2500 kills its blood moon every day pretty much without the red sky.

Archived