Need help with customizing xui and item description

kdawg

Hey modders, if anyone has the time. I'm wanting to customize xui interface in game and some item descriptions to show players what crafting station, level, and perk is needed for said items. However the problem I seem to be having is that, the only way for me to edit the item description is through what is called

property name="DescriptionKey" value="workbenchDesc"

which seems to point at a local file on my pc called localization.xml. I can edit this xml and go into our server and it will show the changes.. However, the other players dont see the description change. I have even tried doing,

property name="Description" value="Test"

but it still points at localization.xml and description doesnt change.. Again, if I change localization.xml Im able to show changes on my end but other dont see the changes. Any help in getting this to look at localization on server and not individuals computer?

They have to manually download the localization file you provide for them and install it themselves.

I believe there has got to be another way, i've been on other servers that I didnt download anything and they have customized "Inspect UI" and posted server rules with text colors etc.. But the only way I could change Inspect window was through localization.. Again, only I seen the changes.

I believe there has got to be another way, i've been on other servers that I didnt download anything and they have customized "Inspect UI" and posted server rules with text colors etc.. But the only way I could change Inspect window was through localization.. Again, only I seen the changes.

I suppose you could have a server tool that does this autmatically there is a mod loader that auto downloads all files from mods and directly installs them so there is always that option maybe.

Thanks for the help.. This is what I was looking for:

I needed to delete this string --> text_key="xuiEmptyInfoPanelText" which calls for the localization file. Now , I can edit this xuiInspect and all players see what i've edited.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the help.. This is what I was looking for:

I needed to delete this string --> text_key="xuiEmptyInfoPanelText" which calls for the localization file. Now , I can edit this xuiInspect and all players see what i've edited.

Since you are removing the file that contains the color code, do you know how to modify the text color to be something other than black, grey, darkgrey, red, etc? For example, I would like to use a dark red and a pale yellow, but those are not options in the "color=" options. Heck, I can't even get yellow and orange as text colors in the window.xml file. Does anyone know how I can apply more than just red, white, and black variants? Thanks!

Archived