Help adjusting the UI a bit

Chronicguy

One change in the UI for A14 is driving me nuts and i was hoping one of the great modding minds can give me a hand with the code needed to adjust it back (if it's possible to do).

No matter how hard i try, I just can't get used to the change in screen position for loot containers from the bottom of the screen to the top and would like to get it moved back to the bottom if possible.

If anyone is able to help me out with the needed code.. it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

It's just a matter of adjusting the windows.xml in the xui folder in the data>config files. I'm a bit drunk and I've had a play around and I can't work out the numbers you need, but hopefully this has given you a decent starting point to mess around yourself. By the way, from what I can work out when the file lists "pos="n,n" the first number is left/right and the second is up/down.

Thanks for the response The-Walking-Dad. I appreciate your attempts at figuring it out :)

In hindsight, I probably should have been more specific and given more details in my original post. Sorry.

I did figure it was the windows.xml file and most likely the <window name="windowLooting" portion of the file i should be changing. I'm just not sure what i need to change/add/delete to get it back down to the bottom.

If i'm reading the window code correctly, i don't see a numerical position value for the actual window. The only position values seem to be for the text and stuff inside the window. And i kinda think that those values are for their position within the window. As for the window itself, i'm thinking the panel="Left" anchor_side="bottomright" is the only thing that relates to location of the window. But if that's correct, i would assume that it should already be at the bottom.

Now i could be way off with that... my knowledge of this kind of stuff is fairly basic.

I haven't yet tried changing values for anything in hopes that someone here would already know the answer and i wouldn't have to get frustrated trying to figure it out with my aforementioned basic knowledge on the subject. However, i think i'll have to start messing around with it tonight as it's driving me a little crazy. I'm not sure why they changed it's position, and maybe many people prefer it in the new location, but to me.. it seems logical to have it located at the bottom right next to your backpack slots for easier drag and drop or comparing items.

Here's an edit made while drinking heavily. It moves it down but most likely not what you want, but is better.

<window name="windowLooting" width="378" height="378" controller="LootWindow" panel="Left" anchor_side="bottomright" visible="false">

<panel name="header" height="43" depth="0" disableautobackground="true">

<sprite depth="1" name="headerbackground" sprite="ui_game_panel_header" pos="1,-102"/>

<sprite depth="2" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="4,-105" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>

<label depth="2" name="lootName" pos="39,-106" width="172" height="32" text="LOOT" text_key="xuiLoot" font_size="32" />

<label depth="2" name="takeAllLabel" width="32" height="28" text="'R'" text_key="xuiTakeAllKey" font_size="28" color="[mediumGrey]" justify="right" pos="260,-108"/>

<sprite depth="2" name="takeAllIcon" style="icon32px" sprite="ui_game_symbol_hand" color="[mediumGrey]" pos="220, -104"/>

</panel>

<sprite depth="0" name="gridBackground" color="[black]" type="sliced" pos="0, -146" globalopacity="true" on_press="true"/>

<rect name="content" pos="3,-149" >

<grid depth="12" name="queue" rows="10" cols="9" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="LootContainer">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</rect>

</window>

update: I think this has something to do with panel justification the best I can tell??? Still trying to understand it all??? pivot= ? and other justification values???

testing in the windows.xml and the xui.xml no luck so far. Ultimately would like to justify the panel from the bottom right corner adjacent to the inventory window on the the left bottom corner.

Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated.

mk

Should look something like this when done.

1A.thumb.jpg.3a8e69c2cb1f22806885b44eda39b696.jpg

2A.thumb.jpg.2456de42fce0d23938743508b57cce0d.jpg

Thanks for the attempt mikro, that is a step in the right direction :)

I'm going to take what you have provided and mess around with it a bit to see what results i get. I was thinking that i might also see if i can roll back to 13.8 through steam in order to get the old code for it's location to help with adjusting the 14 code.

Thanks for the attempt mikro, that is a step in the right direction :)

I'm going to take what you have provided and mess around with it a bit to see what results i get. I was thinking that i might also see if i can roll back to 13.8 through steam in order to get the old code for it's location to help with adjusting the 14 code.

No problem, I also would like it to be like it was. Hopefully A solution can be found.

MK

It seems like this bit of code: anchor_side="bottomright" doesn't do anything.
I agree I couldn't get it to work either?? I tried bottomright, rightbottom, Rightbottom and other variations to no avail.

mk

• 2 years later...
So i spent some time last week playing around with it... and changing it is beyond my abilities. So here's hoping someone out there knows how to move it and can help us.

would anyone know how to move the windowLooting between the belt and the life interface for the alpha 16? thanks :)

Archived