Zombie Damage modding

Beardedbob

Hi all,

I know this was possible in the earlier versions but now it doesn't look to be or I'm not able to locate the value, therefore has anyone manage to mod the damage that zombies do against blocks? e.g wood frame, concrete etc?

I know you can change the value for block durability but this also impacts how a player interacts with it, so if I lower this it will be easier for a human to break into a building to loot, i want this to stay the same.

cheers

Bob.

I just did that by opening the items.xml and search for "zombie". Then you should find "zombieHand", "zombieHandBear" etc. These are the Zeds weapons. You can change the numbers for block damage and entity damage to whatever you like.

great thanks i've found these

<property name="DamageEntity" value="10" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="20" />

Dont forget to also change the ones in the entityclasses xml as not all zs use the items xml settings for destroying blocks

I just went through the entityclasses.xml file and there is nothing that is listed there that isnt a hand attack listed in the items xml that i could find. All changes are in the items.xml list. Also if you're lowering block damage make sure you look at the bonus damage modifiers also like dogs for earth and wood etc.

I just went through the entityclasses.xml file and there is nothing that is listed there that isnt a hand attack listed in the items xml that i could find. All changes are in the items.xml list. Also if you're lowering block damage make sure you look at the bonus damage modifiers also like dogs for earth and wood etc.

Ok when i removed the block damage from the items.xml some zs and bears would still break the doors and blocks. Howevwr once removing the blocks from the entityclasses.xml inc the zombieua one all zs stopped destroying blocks. Thus leading me to believe not all zs use the items.xml i could be wrong or the block and door thing could be a completely different thing.

So far, I've found these Z-weapons in the items.xml:

"zombieHandBear", "handZombieDog", "handZombie", "handCopZombie", "handZombie02", "vomitZombieProjectile", "handBurningZombie", ("handBear", "stingHornet" if you want those lowered as well)

This should be the actual weapons they use to break through blocks unless TFP changed that significantly. So changing their blockdamage to 0 should ensure they can't break the blocks.

The other approach could be to open entityclasses.xml as suggested by stallion, and then comment out the "BreakBlock" and "BreakDoor" AITask for each type. Then the Z's should leave all blocks alone.

I could be wrong, though. I haven't been able to test this just yet, as I haven't had any Z's come knocking on my door (no pun intended) in my current game.

So far, I've found these Z-weapons in the items.xml:

"zombieHandBear", "handZombieDog", "handZombie", "handCopZombie", "handZombie02", "vomitZombieProjectile", "handBurningZombie", ("handBear", "stingHornet" if you want those lowered as well)

This should be the actual weapons they use to break through blocks unless TFP changed that significantly. So changing their blockdamage to 0 should ensure they can't break the blocks.

The other approach could be to open entityclasses.xml as suggested by stallion, and then comment out the "BreakBlock" and "BreakDoor" AITask for each type. Then the Z's should leave all blocks alone.

I could be wrong, though. I haven't been able to test this just yet, as I haven't had any Z's come knocking on my door (no pun intended) in my current game.

I also actually deleted the blocks and door in both items and entityclassess no zs destroy any doors or blocks i may have went over the top or just enough i unsure

I also actually deleted the blocks and door in both items and entityclassess no zs destroy any doors or blocks i may have went over the top or just enough i unsure

I simply changed the block dmg value in items.xml and the ATK action 1 and 2 for animal bears, zombie bears, zombie dogs and bears in entityclasses.xml(which are destroying doors and blocks), but i left the zombies alone so zombies will come attack bases but animals dont. I personally think this is more realistic rather than noone actually can threaten the base lol.

• 2 years later...
I simply changed the block dmg value in items.xml and the ATK action 1 and 2 for animal bears, zombie bears, zombie dogs and bears in entityclasses.xml(which are destroying doors and blocks), but i left the zombies alone so zombies will come attack bases but animals dont. I personally think this is more realistic rather than noone actually can threaten the base lol.

Thank You urtarget. It worked for me too. It's nice and peaceful at the door and wall's. Just to let everyone know, it works on Alpha 16.4.

I am still trying to work out how to make the blade trap unbreakable. Would anyone here know how? Thank's again.

Material="bedrock" would do it. Um. I am not recalling the syntax. Once I wake up I can help.

Though that would make it unbreakable for players too. Once it is placed it will -never- be able to be moved.

Hi Dreamdancer. I think you are saying make the blade trap out of Material="bedrock" Is that right? A player pleased land claim allows a player to pick up the blade trap. Thank you.

I did read on another post somewhere someone had edited xml files so when a block reached a point where it would brake the Z's would upgrade the block. So it never broke at all. I used the same syntax myself but could not make it work. It must have been for an older version of the game. I can only imagine how funny it would have been watching zombies upgrade my base for me. Now, these blocks if it had have worked can only be broken when updated to stainless steel. I just wish I could code and make mods like some poepal do on here.

The material would be Mbedrock. Modding it in would be pretty simple. As would making blocks downgrade to an upgrade. Each upgradable block has a property in blocks.xml that signals what it upgrades to, and any block that isn't just destroyed by losing all its HP has a property that signals what it downgrades to. You can add the downgradeto property or change the block it references, on any block you like(Note, I am not using the right syntax, and spelling and capitalization have to be exactly right to work).

Sure. Just find a block that is similar to the one you want, copy it, paste it, give it a new unique id="#"(all blocks must have their own unique id number, just find one that isn't in use, that is under 2048, as 2047 is the highest useable number).

Change its name to whatever unique thing you like, then change the Material property to "Mbedrock", and give it a line:

<property name="TakeDelay" value="5"/>

That should do it. Alternatively to adding a new one you can just change the block stainlessSteelMaster(id="121" for easy finding) in this way and this will make all stainless steel blocks of all shapes indestructible, and should allow them to be picked up like a workstation.

Making blocks that upgrade when destroyed is pretty simple too, though has to be done individually for each block shape instead of being able to be chan ged for a whole class like stainless steel. Just add a line:

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="foo"/>

Where 'foo' is the name of the block that you'd want it to upgrade to when the zombies destroy it.

So say you wanted to do it to the woodFrameBlock. You could add the line:

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="woodBlock"/>

and then when the zombies break it, instead of being destroyed it would upgrade to a full wood block.

Add the TimeDelay property to all the masters and change the DowngradeBlock property on -all- of the block definitions of all the basic materials in each separate shape and you'd have a system where destroying blocks made them better all the way up to stainless steel, with that indestructible, and them all able to be picked up.

Though really, I am confused as to why you want any of this. Seems it would take the fun out of the game.

Don't larf gays give me a break, I'm new at this. Would this work?

<block id="2042" name="Titanium">

<property name="Group" value="Building"/>

<property name="Material" value="MstainlessSteel"/>

<property name="PassThroughDamage" value="false"/>

<property name="Texture" value="267"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

<property name="CanPickup" value="true"/>

<property name="Collide" value="movement"/>

<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="5"/>

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1"/>

<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="steelBlockGroupDesc"/>

</block>

I have not tested it yet. I just need some expert advice. Thank you.

Sure. Just find a block that is similar to the one you want, copy it, paste it, give it a new unique id="#"(all blocks must have their own unique id number, just find one that isn't in use, that is under 2048, as 2047 is the highest useable number).

Change its name to whatever unique thing you like, then change the Material property to "Mbedrock", and give it a line:

That should do it. Alternatively to adding a new one you can just change the block stainlessSteelMaster(id="121" for easy finding) in this way and this will make all stainless steel blocks of all shapes indestructible, and should allow them to be picked up like a workstation.

Making blocks that upgrade when destroyed is pretty simple too, though has to be done individually for each block shape instead of being able to be chan ged for a whole class like stainless steel. Just add a line:

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="foo"/>

Where 'foo' is the name of the block that you'd want it to upgrade to when the zombies destroy it.

So say you wanted to do it to the woodFrameBlock. You could add the line:

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="woodBlock"/>

and then when the zombies break it, instead of being destroyed it would upgrade to a full wood block.

Add the TimeDelay property to all the masters and change the DowngradeBlock property on -all- of the block definitions of all the basic materials in each separate shape and you'd have a system where destroying blocks made them better all the way up to stainless steel, with that indestructible, and them all able to be picked up.

Though really, I am confused as to why you want any of this. Seems it would take the fun out of the game.

Thank You dreamdancer. I'll explain, the game behaves exactly the same way for both multiplayer and single player "its equality difficult for both" I play a single player game and spend most of my time repairing the damage zombies course to my foot paths and base wall's and have no time to do anything else. You know how hard it is buying stainless steel Polish from the trader, but to buy enough to cover all the base is hard. What makes me angry, zombies without any tool's and with nothing more than their bear rotting hands can damage both footpath and walls just walking past the base. On a horde night for a single player is hard work, zombies will smash their way though a stainless steel wall in no time at all, to much for an old man like me who just wan'ts to in joy playing 7 Days To Die. I think you understand my dilemma.

Hi everyone. Hope I'm not being a nuisance. The code above I posted today did now work. So I made a new witch looks better but still don't work. I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong. But please take a look at this one and tell what is wrong.

<block id="2042" name="Titanium">

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>

<property name="Material" value="Mbedrock"/>

<property name="Group" value="Building"/>

<property name="Material" value="bedrock"/>

<property name="Texture" value="267"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="5"/>

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1"/>

<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="steelBlockGroupDesc"/>

</block>

It looks right to me but what do I know! lol

In what way did it not work? What error message did you get?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, it is generally better to use an 'extends' in the declaration. Pick a block you want it to be similar to, extend it from that and it will inhreit all of the properties defined in the original block, and then any property you define overwrites the one in the master block. If you peruse the list in blocks.xml, you will see that most blocks end up doing this.

Hi dreamdancer. No error's. The game loaded as normal. The new block Titanium did not show up anywhere in the game. Could you please give me an example of what you mean by extends? I'm sorry I just don't understand. I am trying very hard. I know you are doing your best to help, but what it is I'm not understanding is how do I put together the commands you give me in a way that the game can understand? I have chosen stainless steel for my new block, Titanium using the material you gave me, "Mbedrock" The Texture I have chosen is from the stainless steel block in the hope the Mbedrock will look the same has the stainless steel block. Thanks again dreamdancer.

Good morning dreamdancer.

I have made some progress. Have a look at this code.

<block id="414" name="Titanium">

<property name="Extends" value="steelMaster"/>

<property class="UpgradeBlock"> <property name="ToBlock" value="stainlessSteelBlock"/> </property>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="Titanium"/>

</block>

It still needs some attention though. I can't see it in the work bench, but can crab it out from Creative Menu. It's invisible till pleased and cannot be picked up. Can you help please? Thank's again.

Hi dreamdancer. Up Date. This code works a little better.

<block id="414" name="Titanium">

<property name="Extends" value="steelMaster"/>

<property class="UpgradeBlock"> <property name="ToBlock" value="stainlessSteelBlock"/> </property>

<property name="CustomIcon" value="steelMaster"/>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="Titanium"/>

</block>

I changed <property name="TakeDelay" value="5"/> To <property name="CanPickup" value="true"/> and I can now pick up the block! At last some progress. Just two things left to do. I still can't see it in the work bench, It's invisible till I put it on the ground.

Hi dreamdancer. Second update. I've done it!!! Made changes to two things and both work! Yessss!

One.

<block id="1776" name="stainlessSteelBlock">

<property name="Extends" value="stainlessSteelMaster"/>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="stainlessSteelBlock"/>

</block>

Two.

<block id="1250" name="ironDoor1_v3">

<property name="Extends" value="ironDoor1_v1"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="doorGroupDesc"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Doors/steel_door_1_v3Prefab"/><property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,0"/>

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="vaultDoor01"/>

<property name="Item" value="forgedSteel"/>

<property name="ItemCount" value="12"/>

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="6"/>

</property>

<property name="CustomUpgradeSound" value="place_block_metal"/>

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="ironDoor1_v3"/>

</block>

I'm so happy. And thank you for your help.

Archived