How to build this arch?

Hey builders,

I really like these arch blocks. Trying to make it continue in the horizontal (flat) direction, but I can't figure out how which block fits next.... I think I tried at least every block with the word 'arch' in it, but nothing seems to fit.... does anyone know?

(I colored each block differently, so you can see the different block more easily)

spacer.png

(The blocks in red are the ones I used)

spacer.png

1) remove the top yellow and purple blocks,

2) copy the triangular purple and yellow blocks from the middle upright (obviously need to rotate) to continue the arch,

3) Copy the bottom red block to finish half the arch, and

4) mirror it on the right hand side. 

Thanks for the quick replies both!

@theFlu Hmmm, I tried figuring out what you meant, but the whole structure is symmetrical as far as I can see.

@8_Hussars I tried your solution (see first image below, arch at the back) and it works (although the blocks don't seem to match up perfectly if you look closely where my crosshair is, but I'll take it :) I think I might not have phrased my question very well. What I aimed to do is to continue it going horizontal (see second image below where I continued it with regular blocks in blue, just to show what I want) before finishing the arch on the other side, but no block seems to fit for this... any ideas?

Also weird that there seems to be 2 different ways to continue the arch: my first one and and the one 8_Hussars suggested.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Allgudmate
typo (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Allgudmate said:

Hmmm, I tried figuring out what you meant, but the whole structure is symmetrical as far as I can see.

You tested what I meant. That red looks like you should continue with a repeat/mirror of the other side; but as you tested, it's only close.

An odd group of shapes, wonder where it's used in-game..

Thanks for taking the time to show this @HB_H4wk.

Is there a block to keep it going horizontal on top (like I tried to demonstrate in my 2nd image)?

(or should I use a rotated version of the bottom block for that?)

30 minutes ago, theFlu said:

You tested what I meant. That red looks like you should continue with a repeat/mirror of the other side; but as you tested, it's only close.

An odd group of shapes, wonder where it's used in-game..

Yes, that's a good question! Can't remember a POI that actually uses these... will keep looking

Edited by Allgudmate
typo (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, Allgudmate said:

Thanks for taking the time to show this @HB_H4wk.

Is there a block to keep it going horizontal on top (like I tried to demonstrate in my 2nd image)?

(or should I use a rotated version of the bottom block for that?)

Yes, that's a good question! Can't remember a POI that actually uses these... will keep looking

Granted I have not tried to build it, but I suspect there is no block to extend it horizontally.  Arches break over from a central point as in Hawks pic.  Extending it horizontally makes it more of an opening.  There may be a flat block that matches the "arch bottom" shape but again I have not looked.

I think these are used in St Moe's Cathedral and the remnant.  

In the first picture you can use the Arch Curve Wall to extend the opening.

Second picture extends the height and length a bit more using the Arch Curve Top Double Bottom and the Arch Curve Top Double Top.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2024.10.17 - 16.29.23.55.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2024.10.17 - 16.34.25.69.png