From "Night of the Living Dead" on day 1 to "The Quiet Earth" on day 200 (zombies have stopped respawning!)

ammonitia

I posted about this in the PC forum, but this is more relevant for console players, as we have no way to increase zombie spawns. Basically, my save is almost completely devoid of zombies now. With the exception of screamers, the occasional zombie horde, and horde night, zombies have disappeared. In the beginning of my 200 hour save, zombies were abundant -- on rural streets, in forests, in small towns, under my bed, in my closet, EVERYWHERE but then I accumulated lots of ammo and decided to treat myself to a zombie hunting safari. I killed every zombie I could find, cleansing my whole neighborhood and most of the forest biome. Well actually, zombies began hunting me because I gave them all zombie feral sense and sprint speed in the day, allowing all the zombie spawns to quickly track me down. In no time, I killed 99% of them, expecting them to respawn like in every other survival game. 

And some DID respawn, initially, I killed them again but after that, no more respawned except in the big cities of the snow, desert and burnt forest biomes. On rural streets, in small towns and forests, etc, they disappeared completely, even in Navezgane's Diersville, which originally was teeming with zombies. Over a hundred hours later and no more zombie respawns in the forest biome. I essentially drove them all to extinction. The biomes are now mostly ghost towns. The remaining few zombies that I have given "protected status" to are also despawning naturally, further depleting the map of life (or death).

On PC, players have reported the same problem, but they are circumventing the issue by editing the xml file to increase the spawning rate. The default spawn settings for consoles players appear to be broken. How many others are experiencing this bug on console and what are your settings? I have zombies set to sprint in daytime, feral sense, insane difficulty, and no chunk resets or loot respawns. Everything else is default in offline mode.