Add cntMiniBeverageCooler to Appliances

zztong

I've seen some confusion on Reddit about the switch from the beer cooler block to the new Mini Beverage Cooler block. Apparently the old block was one of the choices in appliancesVariantHelper but the new one isn't. Perhaps that was an oversight, but I suspect it is because the new block behaves differently. Perhaps that could be addressed by TFP and the block added back into player usage?

Either way, here's the heart of a modlet that makes that change for those wanting it:

<blocks>

<!-- Add the Mini Beverage Cooler to the list of blocks supported by the Appliances block. -->
    <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='appliancesVariantHelper']/property[@name='PlaceAltBlockValue']/@value">,cntMiniBeverageCooler,cntMiniBeverageCoolerUnderCounter</append>

</blocks>

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

Yes, that addition will not make them into usable containers. The vanilla block will be unusable as soon as you open it once. 

If you are interested, I have converted them into player secure storage in my mod "Fancy Home Deco", the 4 variants (full, empty, and 2 under the counter variants), together with a lot of other nice stuff and storage, and they are all compatible with "Craft from Containers" mod too 🥰

Just in case, here is the mod 💜:

As a console user this is a bit problematic as we can't rely on mods or editing the xml. file... I spent so long looking for this cooler.

First I was told the traders had them in stock, some on PC claimed it was still but as far as I've realized it can't be obtained at all.

It exists in the creative menu on console but only function as any other loot container in a POI. You "destroy" it the second you open and close it when empty.

If TFP would come to realize the problem and fix it then I'd be grateful as that cooler is quite iconic in its own right and is a nice addition to player bases / homes.

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

You might want to make a custom block.  That one, when you remove any loot in it, goes to the open state and becomes unusable as a storage container

@NordHep @LittleRedSonja

I'm suggesting there is demand for it to be a regular block with player features. My own fiddling in terms of XML doesn't make a complete product because of issues such as y'all have noted. I probably wasn't clear about that.