7 Days Content Ideas

AlphaEstacado

Just ideas i want to see how the community think 

This is my first time ever doing anything on a forum but i made this topic just to see people that actually plays and enjoy the game ideas because me and one of my friends was in a party talking about what funpimps can tweak a little bit and or add to the game to make it better we all know 7 days has potential!!

A few ideas: Added trees around your base reduces heat level i.e Less screamers BUT more Hordes!

Obviously Raiders and random Npcs that can give Limited quests like the traders but these quests have you fighting raiders and other various survivors npcs! 

Same raiders and npc can have take over landmarks and turn them into outpost!! 

Screamer tweak just a little bit!! 

Animal traps: Bear traps, Chicken/rabbit traps!!

DIFFERENT SEASONS!!! 
Winter: Harder to find food and grow certain crops its cold lumber jacks and mountain lions everywhere

Summer: Droughts, Extreme heat, Harder to grow crops more screamers

spring: Relaxed more animals, hordes Good for harvesting crops

fall: (i havent thought of fall things please send help)

Edited by AlphaEstacado (see edit history)

Raiders taking over POIs is planned. In fact some POIs already have the hooks for becoming raider outposts already programmed in.

Seasons won't be happening. The devs have already said no to that.

I agree that screamers need a tweak. They could be showing up a bit more frequently. ;) 

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Raiders taking over POIs is planned. In fact some POIs already have the hooks for becoming raider outposts already programmed in.

I agree that screamers need a tweak. They could be showing up a bit more frequently. ;) 

Its just ideas some of the things are just thoughts and i dont keep up with the devs as much as i should 

No worries. Even if the devs won't do seasons, an inspired modder might do just that and might look at this thread for ideas on how to implement it. So it is still worthwhile to share ideas as you might be able to download them later.

For Autumn, that is traditionally harvesting season so I'd say larger than normal harvest in Autumn and maybe a higher chance for honey in stumps. The challenging part could be more frequent bloodmoons. There could also be crops unique to each season so Autumn would be the only time to grow pumpkins for example.

I'll just point out that player-planted trees hurt FPS, especially when you make a lot of them.  So it wouldn't be likely that TFP will add a mechanic that makes players want to plant a lot of trees around their base and then have to listen to all the complaints about FPS drops at bases.  :)

On 9/11/2024 at 1:10 PM, Riamus said:

it wouldn't be likely that TFP will add a mechanic that makes players want to plant a lot of trees around their base

Some players already do that. In the brief amount of time I've spent on a community server, I've seen rows upon rows of trees planted around bases. I imagine they just fell trees elsewhere and squirel up the seeds to create the unnatural looking canopies around their bases. Personally, I'd just put the same kind of options for screamers (settting heat index at which they'll spawn and in what numbers, if at all) in menu options on the main menu screen same as has been done with zombies and feral sense. I'd do the same for the forthcoming "bandits" and leave everything at default reserved for the Navezgane map alone. That way, anything TFP plans to do in the future shouldn't alienate any players who won't like things the way TFP plan for them to be in the final release no matter what they do. Leave RWG for pure freeplay and reserve Navezgane for biome/trader/NPC linearity, a story mode that doesn't affect RWG and any baked-in "difficulty" planned for various NPCs/factions, iow.

AlphaEstacado: I got excited when you said, "content." Content to my mind is handcrafted, artistically written quests. Then, I remembered everything from "skins" to models to automated so-called quest dispensers is widely considered "content" as opposed to assets these days and the problem is not confined solely to video gaming. (EDIT) A glance at all the pleas scattered across the Internet for us to stop using the word, content, and how excessive use of it (especially in marketing circles) has devalued and diminished, if not dimissed altogether, human creativity should be sufficient to clue anyone in who doesn't know what I'm talking about when it comes to "content."

Edited by InfiniteWarrior (see edit history)

On 9/11/2024 at 12:10 PM, Riamus said:

I'll just point out that player-planted trees hurt FPS, especially when you make a lot of them.  So it wouldn't be likely that TFP will add a mechanic that makes players want to plant a lot of trees around their base and then have to listen to all the complaints about FPS drops at bases.  :)

i have alot of tree around my base and its smooth for me still sooo i dont know its just ideas 

On 9/11/2024 at 9:10 AM, AlphaEstacado said:

Just ideas i want to see how the community think 

This is my first time ever doing anything on a forum but i made this topic just to see people that actually plays and enjoy the game ideas because me and one of my friends was in a party talking about what funpimps can tweak a little bit and or add to the game to make it better we all know 7 days has potential!!

A few ideas: Added trees around your base reduces heat level i.e Less screamers BUT more Hordes!

Obviously Raiders and random Npcs that can give Limited quests like the traders but these quests have you fighting raiders and other various survivors npcs! 

Same raiders and npc can have take over landmarks and turn them into outpost!! 

Screamer tweak just a little bit!! 

Animal traps: Bear traps, Chicken/rabbit traps!!

DIFFERENT SEASONS!!! 
Winter: Harder to find food and grow certain crops its cold lumber jacks and mountain lions everywhere

Summer: Droughts, Extreme heat, Harder to grow crops more screamers

spring: Relaxed more animals, hordes Good for harvesting crops

fall: (i havent thought of fall things please send help)

Just want to note as you said it’s your first time doing something on a forum:

Break up your suggestions into separate topics, and make sure to give a direct topic title. 
2 main reasons for this:

1. It makes it easier to find down the line.

2. Some things may be liked while others not so much. By putting them all together, you are more likely to drive the approval rating (of the community) down. 

To use your post as example, I could maybe get behind animal traps, but not the seasons part. Given how it goes by a day cycle, you would get very long durations of the seasons, which I definitely do not agree with.

On 9/11/2024 at 10:45 AM, Roland said:

Won't be happening in vanilla. I can guarantee that seasons will be moded in, since I am determined to do it in myself if nobody else does it.

The catch is that we will all will have to wait until the "weather" update happens, which is at least two releases away on the TFP roadmap. That's the point at which modders (such as my humble self) can be relatively certain that the weather system won't change radically, again.

But, eventually, it will be something that is available, it just won't be coming from TFP.

So, have hope. The fact that TFP made this game really easy to modify, means that eventually someone will make the game behave exactly as you want.

On 9/14/2024 at 11:39 AM, InfiniteWarrior said:

Some players already do that. In the brief amount of time I've spent on a community server, I've seen rows upon rows of trees planted around bases.

If you played on a PvE server, then this is normal practice. Why run for firewood somewhere if you can grow it right next to your house. They are protected from being cut down by strangers by claim.

The only problem is that this creates a large load on the server. For example, on the server where I am currently playing, the admin disabled tree seeds for this reason.

5 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Won't be happening in vanilla. I can guarantee that seasons will be moded in, since I am determined to do it in myself if nobody else does it.

The catch is that we will all will have to wait until the "weather" update happens, which is at least two releases away on the TFP roadmap. That's the point at which modders (such as my humble self) can be relatively certain that the weather system won't change radically, again.

But, eventually, it will be something that is available, it just won't be coming from TFP.

So, have hope. The fact that TFP made this game really easy to modify, means that eventually someone will make the game behave exactly as you want.

I believe I said exactly that already two posts after my first one. But thanks for the confirmation and glad to know you are set and ready to step up and do it. :)