Bad hitching/stuttering

Yeah you might be seeing the same thing. In my particular case, I don't have any stutter at all. I'm thinking it's because of the 5800 x3d processor I installed in my machine. Before, I had the 3700x, which is a good processor, and while I didn't notice stutter, I did get a fairly significant frame rate drop in cities. I'm wondering if it's because of the big ol' L3 cache on the x3d processor, which as far as I know, the CPU heavy 7 Days to Die game benefits from all that instant access memory. Whether or not that's the reason, once I stuck that thing in there, my game is smooth all the time.. and just for information, this is paired with the 3080 TI graphics card as well as 16 gigs of RAM. 

Anyway, I hope they do optimize the game for all platforms, because I want everyone to enjoy this game to the fullest. Just a great game

I am on a solo world and just finished day 28. The hitching is HORRIBLE! It happens every couple minutes, causing me to miss swings with my sledge or if I am trying to 'parkour' I end up falling and break my leg. 

It seems that anytime something is loaded such as loot in ANY container (player storage included) or when a new group of zombies is either spawned or 'activated'.

I will walk into a room and see some sleepers and shoot one to pull them into a choke point but when I do that I get several bad hitches that will clear up by the time they reach me. But if I do this with melee I will get hit several times before the hitching is done.

EDIT: This is in my solo world! In my three player world I just assumed it is the internet but I guess that is not the case. 

Edited by Alusious
Additional Information (see edit history)

On 8/15/2024 at 2:56 PM, Alusious said:

I am on a solo world and just finished day 28. The hitching is HORRIBLE! It happens every couple minutes, causing me to miss swings with my sledge or if I am trying to 'parkour' I end up falling and break my leg. 

Only every couple minutes?  Man, you're lucky.  For me it's several times per minute, not once every so many minutes.  Usually it seems to happen as I'm turning so instead of turning a bit I spin around wildly and get disoriented.  It's worst for me when I'm near my fields of spike traps around my base, as I run the risk of ending up impaled on my spikes.

On 7/25/2024 at 9:56 PM, fullbanner said:

Same here, Xbox Series X, the game just stutters like crazy.

Just by turning the camera around you can easily notice.

Also when you enter a building and the zombies are sleeping, when they wake up, the game freezes like really bad.

I hope the dev fixes these issues.

Do yall have ur settings maxed out or something i have no issues other than the millisecond lag while aiming guns and stuff it lags and jumps me to the side a hair and it makes me miss my shot does it quiet often 

5 hours ago, RockingKiller said:

Do yall have ur settings maxed out or something i have no issues other than the millisecond lag while aiming guns and stuff it lags and jumps me to the side a hair and it makes me miss my shot does it quiet often 

I'm on Xbox.  I don't really see much in the way of settings in the options menu.

In video settings it lists:

• Brightness

• Field of View

• Motion Blur

Then there's a UI tab with options for UI scale and opacity.  That's all I'm finding. 

2 hours ago, IceMan PJN said:

I'm on Xbox.  I don't really see much in the way of settings in the options menu.

In video settings it lists:

• Brightness

• Field of View

• Motion Blur

Then there's a UI tab with options for UI scale and opacity.  That's all I'm finding. 

Ur field of view can cause alot cuz its rendering more in the players sight mines at like 75 or 80 and motion blur should be on 

2 hours ago, RockingKiller said:

Ur field of view can cause alot cuz its rendering more in the players sight mines at like 75 or 80 and motion blur should be on 

I left them at default, so brightness is 50%, field of view is 65, and motion blur is on.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope there is major plans for improving performance on the ps5, me and my friends have just completed a horde and it was the most stressful and just generally disapointing how bad the game runs on horde night its literally unplayable ! Frames drop to what feels like 5fps, cant use your inventory then to top it off for some reason the game sends me like a million miles into the sky when tryin to flee the zombies. I also have upgraded my ssd in the ps5 so i shudnt be havin to put up with stuff like this its 2024!!! Love your game but god something needs to happen ! 

Edited by Pinecone32 (see edit history)

Horde nights are getting to be unplayable with the frames droppin so low, tier 5 and 6 missions are the exact same and you have to prey the game doesnt crash half way through one of these missions or you have to restart the mission after maybe using up half of your ammo and meds ! Please give stability update to ps5 or settings to lower graphics etc like you get on pc so we can help the game run better at an expense to the graphics, id rather the game ran well and looked worse than the game look good but run like ass.

Ouch.  It sounds like your PS5 experience is even worse than my Series X experience.  Knock on wood, I haven't yet noticed much difference during a Blood Moon versus any other time.  There have been some locations I've entered that seemed to somehow stress the engine, however, but it still wasn't as bad as what you've described.

4 hours ago, IceMan PJN said:

Ouch.  It sounds like your PS5 experience is even worse than my Series X experience.  Knock on wood, I haven't yet noticed much difference during a Blood Moon versus any other time.  There have been some locations I've entered that seemed to somehow stress the engine, however, but it still wasn't as bad as what you've described.

Ill try upload some clips to show how bad it can get but most of the time the game crashes which then removes the ability to clip last hour of gameplay but i think i have my last horde recorded. Another thing we noticed is i lowerd the zombies per player from the standard of 8 to 6 to try and combat the frame drop and we was also a man down so we had 3 people on for the horde so shud of been a maximum of 18zeds but it felt like we was bein rushed by at least 25 to 35 at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also getting the lag/hitch/stutter thing, when I'm in my base, building or on horde night it's really bad when turning fast, I end up facing in a totally different direction sometimes and don't where I'm at, I was playing on the series s but upgraded to the X and its still no better, i just bought some ethernet cable, gonna try a wired connection, I love this game, please fix this issue for us console players fun pimps, thank you

Hey fun pimps, it's been a couple of months since this thread started, do you have any plans to fix this issue we are having on console, can you fix this issue, would love to hear from you on this, maybe a patch on the next big update ?

Yesterday I had a nine-gigabyte update on Xbox and it didn't address this issue.  Today I'm waiting for another five-gig update on Xbox, and I suspect it won't do anything, either.  What on Earth are 14 GB of updates in two days doing?

just testing the last update. it got worse,

Bought the game on released, cant play it with pause/micro stutter/hitching (whatever you wanna to call it)

ever time a new update is released, i delete the old save, start a new one, run in a straight line until stamina runs out and count how many time the game stop.

Today after the second patch in 24hr, new save, run straight to the trader counted 15 pauses ,loot rubbish bag, and stared to rebound through the scenery,

now it truly unplayable.

play on xbox/x. (notice a new reporting tool).

i just wish somebody would say something, it gone on for two long now CAN IT BE FIX?

1 minute ago, 7dtddeadtome said:

just testing the last update. it got worse,

Bought the game on released, cant play it with pause/micro stutter/hitching (whatever you wanna to call it)

ever time a new update is released, i delete the old save, start a new one, run in a straight line until stamina runs out and count how many time the game stop.

Today after the second patch in 24hr, new save, run straight to the trader counted 15 pauses ,loot rubbish bag, and stared to rebound through the scenery,

now it truly unplayable.

play on xbox/x. (notice a new reporting tool).

i just wish somebody would say something, it gone on for two long now CAN IT BE FIX?

I have reported multiple issues into the bugpool and they havent even gotten back on that and i have had very specific issues other than this i have a feeling consoles gonna be forgotten and used again i hope they fix these issues 

25 minutes ago, RockingKiller said:

I have reported multiple issues into the bugpool and they havent even gotten back on that and i have had very specific issues other than this i have a feeling consoles gonna be forgotten and used again i hope they fix these issues 

I don't see that happening.

Console updates are now tied with PC updates, so any updates done on the PC side will also be applied to the console side.  And vice versa.  One of the main developers is currently working on camera merging which will reduce CPU usage.  That should help with performance (he has reported around 15-20 % performance boost in most cases, higher in special cases).  When that is ready, that will be pushed out.

The updates take longer now since they are applied both to the PC side and the console side of the game, but so far we have had 2 hotfixes released and one significant update already.  It was also mentioned that there is a 1.2 and possibly a 1.3 update coming before the Storms Brewing major update that was estimated to drop this quarter.

Also I did go to the bug pool area to see what you have reported out so far and only saw one record about loading from a save issue you are seeing.  You didn't mention what system you are using to play on which might be one reason they haven't done anything with your bug ticket, especially since there are already tickers in there for load issues on the PS5.

Also FYI they want people to use the format they have in the instructions which is useful for the person reporting out the bug to know which information to include in the bug report

Summary: (A short description of the bug)

Game Version: (V1.0 b3xx)

OS/Version: (Windows / Linux / Mac / PS5 / Xbox X or S)

CPU Model: (Intel i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / etc)

System Memory: (4 GB / 8 GB / 16 GB / etc)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc)

Screen Resolution: (Width and Height such as 1920x1080)

Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom(Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on Dedi)

Map: Navezgane, Pregen(which one), or Random World Generation (seed name)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No)
Did you try to reproduce without mods? (Yes/No)

EAC on or off?

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

I believe this is happening now because of the removal of FPSScaling from console which I don't see any justification as to why it was removed as I explained here.

On 10/2/2024 at 4:45 PM, BFT2020 said:

Console updates are now tied with PC updates.

This is incorrect we do not have the same updates! They are just released at the same time.

Edited by Tzane (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...