What's up with needing google authenticator to sign into a forum and no option to opt out?

This one?

And you didn't check a box for MFA somewhere?

It's never asked me. I wonder if it is something new.

Well sonofa@%$#, I went to look at my account settings and it asked me for a code.

I don't remember ever setting it up either, but at least I don't have to use it to login.

If it is just for the account settings, I can live with it.

I agree it would be too much hassle to login to the forum every time.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

1 minute ago, GigglingZombie said:

i only recently joined the forum and i was surprised that i was prompted to use google authenticator to sign-up, when nothing online anywhere has ever prompted me to use such a tool ( i didn't even have that app on my phone)

Everything is MFA these days, although almost everyone lets you choose your own method.

Aye, I too was truly shocked. My account is 10 years old, like I need MFA now!

TFP's certainly do a lot of lazy things like their recent changes to removing old server favorites and histories from the 7 days to die online server finder. As of A20's official release 11/30/2021 you have to edit the registry to remove old servers you no longer play on or  servers you no longer want on your histories.
How Crack-a-books and magazines are now the gatekeepers to higher tiers of crafting is really lame as well.
Beyond those few issues I'm thrilled with the games release and the TFP's are everything a development team should strive to be.

/rant off