MOD. Vulnerabilities v.2 (Server side) - Biomes kills!

BlackRabbitMsk

Greetings to all!

I am glad to present you the second version of the mod with active radiation and new vulnerabilities. The old version is here

The mod is part of the Project Z mod set. You can find information about the set on the website, and a detailed description in my discord.

A little background. I tried to make a mod that added active radiation mechanics. Thanks to your feedback, I understood the players' interest in this mod and am glad to present its more extended version.

What changed:

• Fixed a number of bugs with the radiation exposure counter.
  • Minor rebalance of the speed of accumulation and damage.
  • Added new variables to the general calculation of radiation exposure: AcRadEliteZombieHit - adding effect from hit of infected zombie, BuffAcRadEliteZombieAOE - adding effect AOE from special zombies
  • Now in the buffs file you can disable an unnecessary vulnerability by simply commenting out 1 line

What new:

New mechanics of vulnerabilities and resistance to them have been added. Each vulnerability, when accumulated to 100%, leads to the death of the character. Here is a description of the vulnerabilities:

Carbon monoxide poisoning

When a character is in a burnt biome, the effect of carbon monoxide poisoning begins to accumulate.

Throughout the duration of the poisoning, the screen blur effect increases, and in case of critical poisoning, a chance of fainting is added. Depending on the degree of poisoning, the running speed and stamina reserve decrease.
Recovery everywhere except the burnt biome.
The skill Well insulated lvl.1decreases the accumulation rate and increases the recovery rate.
A new mod in the head "Wet bandage" (available for crafting from the beginning of the game) neutralizes vulnerability.

Heat stroke

When the Heat buff is applied to a character, the heat stroke effect accumulates. During the duration of the buff, the character's stamina reserve and its consumption decreases, and the spread and recoil of the weapon increases. Also, in the later stages, fainting with minor damage is possible.
Being indoors and in water reduces the accumulation rate or increases the recovery rate.
The Well insulated lvl.2 perk also reduces accumulation and increases the recovery rate.
All basic heat resistance mechanics are suitable for protection against vulnerability.

Frostbite

When the Cold buff is applied to a character, the Frostbite effect accumulates. During the duration of the buff, the character's reload speed, melee attack speed, mobility, and overall health are reduced. Also, in the later stages, convulsions with minor damage are possible.
Being indoors and near fire reduces the accumulation rate or increases the recovery rate.
The Well insulated lvl.2 perk also reduces accumulation and increases the recovery rate.
All basic cold resistance mechanics are suitable for protection against vulnerability.

Overall, the mod adds a bit of complexity as the player moves to more complex biomes. At later stages (when there is armor and resistances), all these vulnerabilities will not be a problem for the player. But radiation is still a dangerous thing!

The mod is localized in English and Russian.

Have an interesting game everyone!

The link can be here

20240726100443_1.jpg

20240726100713_1.jpg

20240726101057_1.jpg

Edited by BlackRabbitMsk (see edit history)

Just wondering since I am using a perk mod, is this the correct perk des for well insulated for you? 

Or do you not even change the insulated perk? 

One other question, how do you 100% reduce radiation in wasteland if the pills only do 50%? 

PS: I figured it out, all working good :D

image.thumb.png.dd7a0993cf525c68f657b6ba717711ec.png

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, RippedWarrior said:

I don't find that my character is getting cold or hot in the snow or desert. Do I need a weather mod go with this?

No, the trigger is the usual heat or cold buffs.

On 7/28/2024 at 3:59 AM, MrSamuelAdams said:

Just wondering since I am using a perk mod, is this the correct perk des for well insulated for you? 

Or do you not even change the insulated perk? 

One other question, how do you 100% reduce radiation in wasteland if the pills only do 50%? 

PS: I figured it out, all working good :D

image.thumb.png.dd7a0993cf525c68f657b6ba717711ec.png

Just wondering since I am using a perk mod, is this the correct perk des for well insulated for you?  - Yes, this is the correct perk - it gives resistance to all types of vulnerabilities.

Or do you not even change the insulated perk? - I don't change it - I refer to it when calculating resistance

Pills reduce the rate of radiation accumulation by 50%
For 100% protection, you need to have the same number of protection effects as impacts. That is, for example, you can insert the entire set of protection mods and pump up the perk - then during the day in the wasteland, radiation will not affect you. All the mechanics are in the mod description)

Not sure what's going on, but the wasteland rad still works and the burnt forest but when I go into the desert or snow I'm not getting any debuffs anymore? 

Testing on a new save/map as well. 

I'm not sure what would be conflicting with it, since don't have any mods that effect buffs like this. 

So, I placed your mod, in a vanilla game and being the only mod in the folder (with harmony) and it doesn't work in desert or winter? 

image.thumb.png.f3a5834ace1a485b6562bf50ac7a36e0.png

image.thumb.png.97c99402ed5a08bf5a5cc57b1f463793.pngworks here. 

image.thumb.png.63d2e0914f973fbd106fac4182c0e10c.pngfrostbite in the desert lol

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

The mechanics "Heat Stroke" and "Frostbite" work not from the presence in biomes, but from heat or cold buffs. That is, in a desert biome you can more often encounter heat stroke, and in a winter biome frostbite. However, if the player has no resistance, he can get frostbite in a normal summer biome (for example, at night when it freezes). As I wrote earlier, these vulnerabilities affect the player as a rule at the initial stage of the game. In the middle and late stages, the player already has clothes and pumped resistance to temperatures.
Now the mod works correctly for you. You can write to me in more detail in the discord and I can tell you more about the mechanics.