MOD. Active Radiation v.1 - Radiation kills!

BlackRabbitMsk

Greetings to all!
A little background. Over the many years of playing on various servers, I have come across many different mechanics for adding radiation to the game. However, almost everyone had one big problem - as soon as the player created a set of modifications with protection, he could simply forget about the mechanics. The radiation simply had no effect on the player. In addition, most of the mechanics had a very primitive implementation - it just accumulates and kills. And lastly, almost no one has integrated this mechanic with other server mods or vanilla game balance.
Finally, I decided to present to you my vision of this mechanics and I will be glad to receive any feedback from you.

Description of the basic mechanics:

The game has the Active Radiation buff which has 7 states:
Maximum Defense, Medium Defense, Low Defense
Unaffected state (default)
Light impact, Medium impact, Strong impact

Any exposure to active radiation on a player leads to the occurrence of Radiation Sickness, which in turn has 3 stages - Initial, active, critical.
Depending on the stage of the disease, the player is affected by various weakening of the main indicators (all are in the description of the buffs). If the disease counter reaches 100% the player dies.

Depending on the level of exposure, the player receives different amounts of periodic damage and radiation accumulation occurs at different rates.

Factors of exposure and protection of active radiation:

The following factors have now been released to increase the impact:
At night in the wasteland +3
During the day in the wasteland +2
Anytime in the rain or in water +1
In a snowy biome at night +1
>> You can add more if you want, it's not difficult

When you are indoors and there is active exposure, the exposure level is reduced by 1.

When in water without exposure to active radiation, the recovery rate from the healing effect is increased by 2 times

How to protect yourself from this:

Leveling up the Well Insulated perk to level 3 gives resistance to one radiation effect

Armor set bonus NOMAD provides resistance to one radiation effect

Upgrading your armor crafting skill makes it possible to create armor modifications: Radiation protection
Each type of armor has its own modification.
Each of them opens at skill level 25,50,75,100.
Each gives +10% protection against damage and its frequency and increases the speed of recovery after exposure. When installing a full set of mods provides resistance to one radiation effect

Leveling up your medicine crafting skill to level 75 makes it possible to create an ANTIRAD drug
When used, instantly removes 20% of the current radiation, reduces the accumulation rate by 50% and gives resistance to 1 effect. Duration 12 minutes.

If there is a radiation protection buff, the recovery rate from radiation increases.

I hope this modification can diversify your gameplay and you will get a new gaming experience.

If you like my mod - Like it. It’s not difficult for you, but I understand that this mechanics can be developed and refined.

Have an interesting game everyone!

The mod is localized in English and Russian. The mod is implemented on the basic mechanics of the game so it does not require players to download additional files. Suitable for open servers.

The link can be here

Rad.png

Edited by BlackRabbitMsk (see edit history)

Puse el mod en una instalación limpia, funciona bien, pero la progresión de nivel de los mods de armadura es mala, todos se desbloquean en lv50, miro el archivo de progresión y no encuentro el error. Cuando presiono n, a las habilidades por libro, armadura, también me da error en la consola. At first I thought it could have been the Spanish translation that I did, but I put the factory mod, and it gives me the same errors espaciador.png

Edited by Tryndathor
I explain better (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Tryndathor said:

Puse el mod en una instalación limpia, funciona bien, pero la progresión de nivel de los mods de armadura es mala, todos se desbloquean en lv50, miro el archivo de progresión y no encuentro el error. Cuando presiono n, a las habilidades por libro, armadura, también me da error en la consola. At first I thought it could have been the Spanish translation that I did, but I put the factory mod, and it gives me the same errors espaciador.png

Thank you very much for finding this important error. This is really my mistake. I fixed everything and re-uploaded it. Good game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...