(V1) Preppocalypse

arramus

Thanks for explaining. And yes i can look at the localization, even if i playing and there is something that sounds strange i will look at the english meaning and i can send you a better spelling one. But for now, it looks all good what i have seen yet.

12 hours ago, arramus said:

Ah yes, Scomar. It was working beautifully before b316. However, the screamer system is not really working out so well since the update for b316 when it was 'overhauled'.
It seems to be very unreliable for Vanilla game play as well. They don't come when you want them, but they do come when you don't want them...and there is no real reason for them to be there.

I am watching if there will be any changes for the future. If it stays like that, I think it may be removed because it is a waste of effort.

If you continue to wait longer, feel free to scan the Localization for mistakes in the German text or offer suggestions. It was added with Google help. ^^
Once V1.1 becomes stable it'll also become time to add your Localizations for the Oakraven Collection because there shouldn't be any dramatic changes after that.

Yes, the screamer situation is very disappointing because it offered a fun change to game play.

Hmmmm
Until there is a better fix on TFP's end, do you think maybe the community should implement a special "screamer spawn  group" and spawning.xml to go with it and maybe attach it to something like NPC Core to accommodate everyone until we have something better?

I suppose a separate modlet could be made for it but I was thinking it may be in the gaming communities interest to have it with one of the core dependency mods for the meantime.

Just an idea.

I have been watching a number of streamers since that b316 update was released and I think they have got Screamer fatigue just from basic workstation or action 'heat' activities. A simple task like cooking up some bacon and eggs brought in 2-3 screamers in the initial wave.

This was one of those occasions. I keep a simple base here pending a move to the desert, as I skip the Burnt set up, and this was one camp fire.

There were 3 screamers in the initial wave with at least two of them being viable to call in a screamer horde.

spacer.png

We can see one of the screamers on the left, and there is another like her around the back, and a plasma type hurling and destroying the base.

It became a bit like one of those looping screamer hordes where their numbers don't diminish as more replenish those killed. I went melee here to keep the noise down, and as that is my play through weapon of choice, but it only helped to some degree.

The Key-Industrie_V1.1 mod on Nexus which contained direct copies of content from Preppocalypse has been removed after it was reported.

It generally takes about 24 hours for things to be resolved when having a presence on Nexus compared to up to a month without.

The Mod Launcher is the primary download option for Preppocalypse because it is reliable and very practical for 7 Days to Die.

The Nexus presence will continue since it always has the potential to be a carrier of the good, bad, and ugly.

Thank you for reporting, on this one.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5923?tab=description

There are a few other blocks that zombies can 'see' through which are not full blocks, and there are some which are very good at blocking their awareness even though they may only be thin plate blocks. This applies to all zombies and seems to be linked to the main game's block types. This is also used and shared about for player bases as well...

1 hour ago, arramus said:

There are a few other blocks that zombies can 'see' through which are not full blocks, and there are some which are very good at blocking their awareness even though they may only be thin plate blocks. This applies to all zombies and seems to be linked to the main game's block types. This is also used and shared about for player bases as well...

I understand, Here it's more challenging since there are more types of zombies with ranged attacks which will damage the player without having line of sight. 

Yes. In A21 I didn't notice it as much, if at all for the zombies with ranged weapons. I have seen it a few times now in V1.0. Your video, and Jean's Gaming recent Horde Night showing the attack coming straight through blocks. In fact, Jean's Gaming base was simple full cube blocks. I think something changed to blocks from A21 to V1.0.

Here is a small update for Preppocalypse, by association to the Old West Migration Mod inclusion:

- Jean's Steakhouse POI

This is a T4 Quest POI supporting all quest types, including the T5 Infested. The residents are burnt zombies, in context with the theme.

It matches the name and color variety for Jean's Gaming (a streamer who showcases all manner of community mods and overhauls), and helps to add more variety to the strip type POIs to reduce repetition.

spacer.png

A couple of other Old West POIs also saw an update for lights which automatically rotated 90 or 180 degrees when the POIs were automatically updated.

Some of the paper blocks were also switched over to cloth blocks in one of the update POIs since that has become a needed asset in V1.0.

Here is a small update for Preppocalypse to change something that was good in A21, but required adjustments for V1.0.

Turret Light Placement:

The Junk Turret light was looking out of place. It has also scaled up which infers the Junk Turret has shrunk its model and it also being scaled up for V1.0.

spacer.png

The update places it behind the muzzle inside the main body. It looks pretty well attached for V1.0.

spacer.png

Prepper Canned Stew:

Here is one more small meal for Preppers. It is unlocked and offers slightly better nutrition than a can of food and a jar of water. Its stamina and health reward offers a bonus on top.

25 Food - 12 Health - 25 Water - 20 Max Stamina Bonus.

Raw Meat begins at 5 and lowers to 3 with Chef Skill Perks maxed out.

spacer.png

These updates were tested on an existing Player and World save. As the image shows, there is no level or perk issue. There were also no errors in the console or log.

As with any update, and since your play through may have other mods, test before fully updating since food adds an 'item' and it may conflict with existing IDs.

Hi,

the Paindeer gives a red Message, nothing game breaking, but i would let you know.

Screenshot(160).thumb.png.ca9d8f837afe591762cfc1738896f22f.png

And one litte correction for translation:

modMeleeSpartanSledgeStamina,item_modifiers,mod,,,Spartan Sledge Stamina Mod,,Spartan Sledge Ausdauer Mod,,,,,,,,,,,
modMeleeSpartanSledgeStaminaDesc,item_modifiers,mod,,,"The Spartan Sledge Stamina Mod decreases stamina use for sledge weapons by 15%.",,"Der Spartan Sledge Ausdauer Mod verringert den Ausdauerverbrauch für Vorschlagshammerwaffen um 15 %.",,,,,,,,,,,

"Spartanischer Vorschlagshammer Ausdauer Mod" seems a littel bit long, so i think "Spartan Sledge Ausdauer Mod" is fine for german translation.

Thank you. This is a Vanilla thing for some of the older models with outdated assets. It was reported and acknowledged but is not really priority at the moment.

Thanks for the translation. I shall compile them and add them once your play through is at a stage where everything is pretty much looking good.

Here is a small update for Preppocalypse:

- Small Night Plasma Screamer.

This smaller variant of the Plasma Screamer has less HP than her bigger 'sister' down from 2000 base to 1000. There is a small random variable which will slightly increase or decrease that value. She will only appear at night, or when disturbed from her daytime slumber by too much player noise of activity.

Screamers from b316 were overhauled and they now have the chance to appear in pairs. The Small Night Plasma Screamer can appear at lower Game Stage while her big sister is reserved for higher Game Stage. This is to ensure such occasions can still be managed as they have become quite invasive since the update. At night, she will appear with the same probability as other 'Night' boss types, which also includes Horde Night.

spacer.png

It is possible to remove the ranged zombies by modifying the entitygroups.xml. The top part is for the biomes. That is followed by an area for the POIs. At the bottom is the area for Horde Night.

Here is an update for Preppocalypse:

- Adding  @Scomar's German translation for Spartan Sledge Stamina Mod.

As a native of German, and a long term 7 Days to Die community member with their own mod releases, I am happy to add Scomar's suggestions and corrections.

- Adding 10 new Old West POIs for the Old West Town.

These 10 new POIs are based on existing default POIs. They support Gas, Books, Groceries, and Civic Support. They are T1 and T2 with full quest hook up for their Tier.

There are too many images to share, but since they are already part of the Old West Migration Mod, they can be seen here.

Here is a small update:

1. Obsolete Textures

15 POIs contained obsolete A21 textures. The game uses a default simple wood texture replacement BUT it is considered N/A for processing.

If a player were to break the block, it would cause an error NRE. This would pop open the console with a red line.

All of the POIs received an automated updated from A21 to V1.0 and it caught 99.5%+ of required changes... However, it did not update them all and a few things required manual updates. This has caught a lot of them and hopefully all. If the console pops open when breaking a block with a red warning, please share the POI name and I'll get it updated.

2. Eko Guns & Ammo

This is a new POI in the Old West Town. It is a 25 x 25 for T2 and hooked up to all quest types. It adds an additional weapon type POI as they are very limited in the Old West Town beyond Schmitty's and a few token gesture placements here and there.

Here is one further small update:

1. Nailgun

The Nailgun has its own Flaming and Exploding Ammo. It's power is half that of arrows and darts. Some of the resources are half where half allows, but things like Duct Tape will remain at 1.

2. Harvesting zombies drops their butcher value to 250 since bears are 600 and it's moving into a more proportional value.

3. Hostile animals can climb ladders since more Horde Night bases are building ladder approaches rather than ramps and the Dire Wolf become redundant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hello arramus,

We love your MOD and we have a lot of fun.
But the readability of some fonts is not so good, can you adjust that?
I have seen this in the “AGF - V1.0 - HUD PLUS MOD”. Can you possibly adjust something?
Would be great!
Example:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry for the bad English, was translated with Google!
Best regards

Edited by KD.ade (see edit history)

I have very limited HUD/UI experience. This is not something I could create without referring to other creator's work.

I prefer not to do that when there are some wonderful HUD mods in the community.

Someone like AGF has spent many years working on the collection of AGF mods, and I would prefer to be compatible with them rather than recreating them.

Just using this AGF HUD mod allows much of it to function appropriately. One thing that won't function is the 12 player slots area because I use Khaine's 12 slot mod. However, it is possible to make a few changes to make them compatible.

If you only want the readability to look better, that part of AGF HUD mod will continue to function. Other things like the left side food/water, etc will be removed. For example, AGF HUD can allow the helpful background for easy viewing along with the Preppocalypse 12 slots from Khaine's mod:

spacer.png

And the quest feature can still function for easy viewing.

spacer.png

Here is a message from AGF inside the HUD mod.

*First, if you run into any conflicts, you may contact AuroraGiggleFairy via discord: https://discord.gg/Vm5eyW6N4r
        -All questions welcome from newcombers to seasoned 7d2d people.

If you contact AGF and explain what you would like to do, you will be heard. I understand the reason for this request, and for some members of the community it is very helpful to be able to see things with better contrast or color.

On 9/2/2024 at 5:24 PM, arramus said:

1. Obsolete Textures

15 POIs contained obsolete A21 textures. The game uses a default simple wood texture replacement BUT it is considered N/A for processing.

If a player were to break the block, it would cause an error NRE. This would pop open the console with a red line.

All of the POIs received an automated updated from A21 to V1.0 and it caught 99.5%+ of required changes... However, it did not update them all and a few things required manual updates. This has caught a lot of them and hopefully all. If the console pops open when breaking a block with a red warning, please share the POI name and I'll get it updated.

Hello  Arramus,

with this update do i have to restart a new game or can i continue my current game?.

Thanks.

I tested this update on a dedicated server with a current playthrough and there were no errors to the World or player Saves.

I am only using Preppocalypse and 0-Score. As you enter your existing game with this update, these POIs will still look exactly the same until they are updated by a quest or chunk reset if that is set up. Starting one with a quest saw no issues. TFP sometimes do that with POIs are suggest it is save safe.

Based on my experience, and this is a game save started 3 weeks ago using the 5K for August, I have seen no issues, even with adding in a new food item and the new Nailgun ammo. Best to back up the current World save though just in case it is necessary to roll back.

That's correct. V1.0 has a bug with players signs in custom POIs, and will give an error.

V1.1 is fixed and does not have the bug for player signs in custom POIs.

This was reported here.

The error is not critical for gameplay, but custom POIs with player signs will show no text.

The log entry shows the 'TileEntitySign.SetText' reference, and that is for custom POIs with player signs. The log suggests it is 'Skipping loading...'.

2024-09-04T17:28:39 46.879 ERR Skipping loading of active block data for oldwest_lyttletrippers_01_arramus because of the following exception:
2024-09-04T17:28:39 46.880 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TileEntitySign.SetText (System.String _text, System.Boolean _syncData, PlatformUserIdentifierAbs _signingPlayer) [0x00014] in <6d1a8548522e46dc83d70764cc5f4032>:0
at TileEntitySign.SetText (AuthoredText _authoredText, System.Boolean _syncData) [0x0001a] in <6d1a8548522e46dc83d70764cc5f4032>:0
at TileEntitySign.read (PooledBinaryReader _br, TileEntity+StreamModeRead _eStreamMode) [0x00034] in <6d1a8548522e46dc83d70764cc5f4032>:0
at Prefab.readTileEntities (PooledBinaryReader _br) [0x0006c] in <6d1a8548522e46dc83d70764cc5f4032>:0
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
Prefab:readTileEntities(PooledBinaryReader)
Prefab:loadBlockData(AbstractedLocation, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
Prefab:Load(AbstractedLocation, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
Prefab:Load(String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
DynamicPrefabDecorator:GetPrefab(String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
DynamicPrefabDecorator:GetPrefabRotated(String, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
<Load>d__22:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

V1.1 is currently showing no errors and I prefer to use that. It also helps be prepared for when it becomes stable. It can't be too long before it becomes stable as it's been about 4 weeks, but we shall see.