(V1) Preppocalypse

arramus

It also has regenerative properties, but nothing that Sniper Rifle can't take care of. It can be decapitated from head shots from time to time and a spread from an Auto Shotty is pretty effective for that. It requires some time learning where its weak spots are around the neck or back of the head.

19 minutes ago, arramus said:

It also has regenerative properties, but nothing that Sniper Rifle can't take care of. It can be decapitated from head shots from time to time and a spread from an Auto Shotty is pretty effective for that. It requires some time learning where its weak spots are around the neck or back of the head.

Thanks man - do you happen to know if your mod will work with this as well?

https://7daystodiemods.com/outback-roadies/

Preppocalypse and Outback Roadies are not compatible. They both change too much of the game. I released both of them, with Preppocalypse coming first and Outback Roadies very late into A21. They contain a lot of crossover, such as Coops, Hives, mods, and other features. They offer their own individual experiences.

There is no specific change to Shale Deposits in this mod. There are a few additions to the desert biome for decorative purposes, which may compete with Shale Deposits, but they are purposely rare to ensure Shale Deposits continue to have the space they need to appear.

Hello

I have a problem with the Preppocalypse mod. I'm using a newly generated map, the problem is that many buildings disappear (they are then just empty spaces) or are replaced by other POIs when you get closer to them. When you move away, the buildings appear again or are replaced by the original buildings. Is the "problem" known or did I do something wrong when generating the map?

Greetings

This issue is usually caused when the POI buildings are not in the player's POI folder. It is best to share a game log using F1 and clicking on the top right 'Open logs folder' tab. The content can be shared into a pastebin link, just like sharing a log for posting about game bugs. It is not a common known issue.

Hi- I just got the Prepper Mad Max like car- I really love the thing - I have the Turbo mod in it and a couple of other things, however I thought it would be a little bit faster? Also do you have any other plans on adding another cool like Prepper vehicles or weapons in the game? This mod is truly fantastic- do you have a roadmap per say for the mod>? 

Outback Roadies has more of those Mad Max type cars, including the Preppocalyptic car. It was created to add more specific Mad Max themed features with 'War Boys' type entities and specific elements for that region of the World. Preppocalypse will see small and gradual additions over time, but nothing major as it attempts to expand on the existing game rather than replace. Outback Roadies takes things further though.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

Outback Roadies has more of those Mad Max type cars, including the Preppocalyptic car. It was created to add more specific Mad Max themed features with 'War Boys' type entities and specific elements for that region of the World. Preppocalypse will see small and gradual additions over time, but nothing major as it attempts to expand on the existing game rather than replace. Outback Roadies takes things further though.

Okay- that's clear is Outback Roadies on the mod launcher? This thing has made my life so much easier 

Just checked out outback roadies on the mod website, it looks like it only fights animals in the game and no zombos?

There will be the Head Hunter zombies as specials and regular zombies in POIs and the biomes. There will also be Bandit and Helper NPCs to fry to hire. Since it uses the NPC Mod, you can also add in the NPC Mod Add On Packs such as Bandit Gurlz, Soldiers, and so on. The animals are a big feature for sure, but there will be just as many regular and special zombies about.

It is on the Mod Launcher as well, so easy installation and updating if needed. There is an Australia World inside the main mod folder. It is zipped because it is pretty huge both in file size and 10K in game size. If you want an adventure with the travelling element, it is worth using. If you want a more compact play through, making your own RWG will be just as fine. The Australia World is also a Mod, and once unzipped can be left in the Mods folder. You'll know it's installed properly as you'll see it in the world choices. Sometime it double nests folders depending on the zip app. As long as ModInfo.xml is insider the top folder layer, the game will be able to read it.

Each version offers a descriptive update directly within the Mod Launcher, or through the storage location on Github.
6006a will be the latest version, and the Mod Launcher will always show the latest version. Underneath each version number will be a change log description specific to the version.

6066a suggests:- Readding Ranger Station Quest Marker placement and was a require POI fix to ensure it can be quested.

67d55 suggests:- Refurbishing Preppo Duke Patrol and is for another POI that had a V1.0 update since A21 removed certain textures and they need replacing.

3457e suggests:- Adding Prepper Stockpile Part 6 - Hunting Dire Wolves.

and so for each version in the list.

41 minutes ago, arramus said:

Each version offers a descriptive update directly within the Mod Launcher, or through the storage location on Github.
6006a will be the latest version, and the Mod Launcher will always show the latest version. Underneath each version number will be a change log description specific to the version.

6066a suggests:- Readding Ranger Station Quest Marker placement and was a require POI fix to ensure it can be quested.

67d55 suggests:- Refurbishing Preppo Duke Patrol and is for another POI that had a V1.0 update since A21 removed certain textures and they need replacing.

3457e suggests:- Adding Prepper Stockpile Part 6 - Hunting Dire Wolves.

and so for each version in the list.

I see it now, sorry for all of the questions this mod makes me very happy and I think I'll have a bunch more for you as well. Can I give you some feedback? I love the Preppapocalpyse car. however for some reason this car has no Torque at all going up hill, in fact when it hits a bump it's really bad at trying to get up any sort of incline. The car adds flavor, but it's really rough to drive.

Also, I put on the Plow mod on it that will allow me to hit things now and not take that much dmg, however it feels like it's taking too much dmg.  And it also takes about 10 repair kits to fully heal, so that's kinda rough. 

Thank you for the feedback. Here is some clarification on certain features.

The Preppo Torque configuration settings and 4x4 Torque configuration settings are identical as follows:

<property name="motorTorque_turbo" value="3500, 1500, 4500, 2000"/>

However, some vehicles are given different physics and collision properties. That is done in the Unity application where it is set up for 7D2D. If the Preppocalyptic vehicle was given similar physics to the 4x4 it would certainly get up those inclines easier, but the slightest bump would send it spinning and bouncing around the screen, and it looks really out of context. The buggies and big wheelers are in context for that and generally work out better on those slopes. With turbo and reasonable inclines, the Preppo vehicle received some favorable feedback prior to release and it was left at that. It was primarily added as a token gesture vehicle, because there are already some awesome vehicle mods out there.

Ragsy's Vehicle Madness is fully compatible with Preppocalypse and is encouraged to be used on the introduction in the Mod Launcher. It offers a heap of alternative vehicles for road and off road context.

The same for bdub's vehicles. These vehicle mod packs have been in the community for years, and the intention was just a token gesture in the Preppo Car with these vehicle packs being the go to choices.

The Preppo Car is rough around the edges, and does need the new V1.0 mod attachments properly hooked up for the visuals. It was kindly brought into game by the EndZ team in A21. They are very much working on updating EndZ, but still found time to get the essentials in place to make it V1.0 compatible. For that, it's certainly working out, and the final touches will come in time.

As for vehicle repairs, here is how it works.

The Preppo Car has 15000 HP compared to 8000 for the 4x4.

With no Skill in Grease Monkey, each Repair Kit gives 1000 HP. That'll take 15 to repair the Preppo Car, and 8 to repair the 4x4.

This never used to be a thing in A20, but became a new dynamic in A21 and now V1.0.

However, if you Max Out Grease Monkey Skill Perk, that will all change as Repair Kits become more efficient.

At Grease Monkey Skill Perk 4, that 1000 HP for 1 Repair Kit, now jumps up to just over 8000 HP. At Grease Monkey Skill Perk 4 it will require 2 Repair Kits to fully repair that 150000 HP requirement.

For the 4x4, it will add 5000 HP for that Repair Kit, since it has a proportional gain to overall health. It will go from 70 HP to 5070 HP respectively. This is a default dynamic, and the Preppo Car actually does pretty well out of it.

No Grease Monkey Skill Perk.

spacer.png

Only 1000 HP per Repair Kit, and a heap of resources.

spacer.png

Grease Monkey Skill Perk 4 with more efficient Repair Kits.

spacer.png

8K+ for the first Repair Kit which exceeds the total of a 4x4.

spacer.png

Fully repaired with 2 Repair Kits.

spacer.png

Here's a small update for Preppocalypse:

1. Adding 4 additional Old West POIs to the base Mod and with an update to the September 5K World.

Four additional Old West POIs have been added to the Old West Migration Mod, and by association Preppocalypse. They include:

- Musical Mam (25 x 25 T1 POI for all possible quest types. The theme is a music school and uses a repurposed abandoned POI.)

- ABA Law School (25 x 25 T2 POI for all quest types. The theme is a small law school dormitory.)

- Old West Junkin (42 x 42 T3 POI for all quest types. This is a default TFP that has been customised for the Old West with the quest feature.)

- Homesteader (25 x 50 T3 POI for all quest types. This adds in an additional strip type POI to help reduce repetition.)

2. Slight rebalancing of Quality of Life features:

- Increase in shale allowance.
- Slight reduction in stone and sand probability.

- Adding hooks to fish trap loot.

- Increasing amount of crawfish and probability chance.

- Increasing minimum of honey comb.

- Increasing 1 Chicken to 1,2 chance on hit.

- Increasing Chicken from 0.7 to 0.8 probability.

spacer.png

nice modpack as usual :) i have tried to use "96 Slot Bigger Backpack Mod - Preppocalypse (V1)" but then the inventory is not visible anymore. needs an update? or am i doing something wrong? installed prepo and the backpack mod via modlauncher

Here's the problem with the Mod Launcher, and I guess it has been installed as a modlet through the modlets add on area.

If the mod is added directly into the Mods folder, it will load properly.

If it is loaded through the Mod Launcher modlets area, it will not load properly. This is because the Mod Launcher reading the description rather than the name. It has been reported as an issue, and it'll be worked out in time. It is one of a few things to be updated.

Load order is important.

V1-Preppocalypse folder loads first.

V1-Preppocalypse-KHA21-96BBM loads second and makes some changes to V1-Preppocalypse folder.

The Mod Launcher is changing the load order, and there is conflict.

spacer.png

Two ways to resolve it.

1. Simply place V1-Preppocalypse-KHA21-96BBM in the Mods folder. However, this will need to be done again any time you update Preppocalypse.

2. Keep the mod in the modlets folder but change the wording in the ModInfo.xml from:

<DisplayName value="Khaine's 96-slot Bigger Backpack Mod for Preppocalypse" />

to

<DisplayName value="V1-Preppocalypse-KHA21-96BBM" />

Here is how it will look if you accept option 2.

spacer.png

And when in game.

spacer.png

Here is an update for Preppocalypse:

1. Magnum Janitor Bub

This new zombie is a nod to 'Day of the Dead' and the zombie character Bub. It is considered Bub has military background based on his functional knowledge of how to use a weapon, regardless of his zombie state. He carries two magnum revolvers and is hooked up to Janitor Sleeper Groups, Horde Night, and the Biomes. There is also a 'Radiated' version who will be in special POIs, the Wasteland, and Horde Night.

spacer.png

As with other special Prepper zombies, he has his own elimination Quest that requires the player to use a Magnum Revolver to complete it. The Radiated version has no weapon requirement, and is hooked up to the Special Radiated Quest.

spacer.png

Here is Bub standing outside his Bub's Gun Range POI in the Old West.

spacer.png

1. POI Updates

Here is a new POI for the Old West Migration Mod and by association it is added to Preppocalypse. It is called 'Old West Church of the Snek' and supports all possible Quest types for T5 and T6 Infested. It is a repurposed and expanded default POI with a greater density of zombies and more challenging default types.

spacer.png

Meat Loaf POI was given double doors for the main entrance and matching colored doors elsewhere.

On 9/20/2024 at 5:51 PM, arramus said:

Here's the problem with the Mod Launcher, and I guess it has been installed as a modlet through the modlets add on area.

If the mod is added directly into the Mods folder, it will load properly.

If it is loaded through the Mod Launcher modlets area, it will not load properly. This is because the Mod Launcher reading the description rather than the name. It has been reported as an issue, and it'll be worked out in time. It is one of a few things to be updated.

Load order is important.

V1-Preppocalypse folder loads first.

V1-Preppocalypse-KHA21-96BBM loads second and makes some changes to V1-Preppocalypse folder.

The Mod Launcher is changing the load order, and there is conflict.

spacer.png

Two ways to resolve it.

1. Simply place V1-Preppocalypse-KHA21-96BBM in the Mods folder. However, this will need to be done again any time you update Preppocalypse.

2. Keep the mod in the modlets folder but change the wording in the ModInfo.xml from:

<DisplayName value="Khaine's 96-slot Bigger Backpack Mod for Preppocalypse" />

to

<DisplayName value="V1-Preppocalypse-KHA21-96BBM" />

Here is how it will look if you accept option 2.

spacer.png

And when in game.

spacer.png

we have chosen the 2nd option and chagned the wording inside modinfo.xml. works fine now. thank you :)

Edited by Baltazar80 (see edit history)

Preppocalypse received a small update as follows:

Super Special Catacorn

This is an Old West POI sitting on a 25 x 50 slot for T4 and all Quest Hooks Ups. The name 'Catacorn' is a play on Catacomb and Corn. That explains it all.

Vehicle Mods

It can be a real slog at times to find vehicle mods, and multiple play through Worlds with the new progression system can make longer journeys a touch restrictive and limiting without their benefits. To offset that, vehicles mods will be a little easier to find when looting vehicles. This maintains the context and will give the looters and salvagers an additional worthy asset on a more frequent basis.

5K Custom RWG for October
On a monthly basis since V1.0 was released, RWGs have been shared with small customised updates to add in Preppo POIs where they are not always being placed due to the small World size and competition. Anything above 5K is generally distributing very well, with larger Worlds being nicely populated. The new trader progression system suits 5K very well for SP and this World is fully up to date. It has 1 player start spawn point in a decent location with two Trader Rekts in visual range with one supporting an Old West Town and the other a Forest Town.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5295?tab=files

(FYI - The 5K World is only compatible with V1.1 (b4) due to a V1.0 bug with player signs.)

perkLockPickingRank1Desc,progression,perk Per,,,Cat Burglar,,Fassadenkletterer,,,,,,,,,,,
FishTrapBaited,blocks,Block,,,[66ff00]Baited Stage,,[66ff00]Köderphase,,,,,,,,,,,
foodCrawfishBoil,items,Food,,,Crawfish Boil,,Langusteneintopf,,,,,,,,,,,
DrillGasCan,items,Item,,,Prepper Drill Gas Can,,Prepper Drill Benzinkanister,,,,,,,,,,,
lblCategoryAmmoPressRegularAmmo,UI,Tooltip,,,Regular Ammo,,Standard Munition,,,,,,,,,,,
lblCategoryAmmoPressHPAmmo,UI,Tooltip,,,HP Ammo,,HP Munition,,,,,,,,,,,
lblCategoryAmmoPressAPAmmo,UI,Tooltip,,,AP Ammo,,PB Munition,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi arramus,

i have found some wrong german translations during my playtime, above are the corrections.

greetings Scomar