Quick Stack Mod 1.0

Anyone know if someone has updated a Quick Stack mod for 1.0 yet?

Literally the only mod that i think should be included with base 7D2D, its such a good QoL improvement that makes all that loot sorting so much easier.

TIA!

Dunno how you missed it. QS has been in the game for so long I don't even know since when cuz when I started with the game on either A19.x or A20.x it was already there in both inventories.

Now that A21.2 has included the personal inv lock mod I found in 'Better Vanilla A20.x' the 1st time, you won't need to worry about QS taking those as well. The lock works from top left corner down to the bottom right corner, just like how the game places stuff into your inv, so it'll be very easy to use.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2024 at 6:50 PM, rautamiekka said:

Dunno how you missed it. QS has been in the game for so long I don't even know since when cuz when I started with the game on either A19.x or A20.x it was already there in both inventories.

Now that A21.2 has included the personal inv lock mod I found in 'Better Vanilla A20.x' the 1st time, you won't need to worry about QS taking those as well. The lock works from top left corner down to the bottom right corner, just like how the game places stuff into your inv, so it'll be very easy to use.

The QuickStack mod is not in vanilla and it's more than just slot locking or placing matching items into the chest you currently have open. QuickStack allows you to walk within range of your storage containers and stack your inventory into ALL of them in range. Instead of going to your "supplies" box and hitting the button twice, then the next box, and the next one... you only have to do it once.

I had the QuickStack mod working with a dedicated server on 1.0 b313, but the b316 update broke it somehow. I haven't shut down my server to test the mod with the b317 update yet and not sure when my players will allow me time to take it down. IMO both QuickStack and CraftFromContainers should be vanilla QoL defaults. I don't know how any self-respecting developer can leave those features out of any modern survival game... or any other game that requires players to manage an inventory.

• 2 weeks later...

The QuickStack mod is not in vanilla and it's more than just slot locking or placing matching items into the chest you currently have open. QuickStack allows you to walk within range of your storage containers and stack your inventory into ALL of them in range. Instead of going to your "supplies" box and hitting the button twice, then the next box, and the next one... you only have to do it once.

I had the QuickStack mod working with a dedicated server on 1.0 b313, but the b316 update broke it somehow. I haven't shut down my server to test the mod with the b317 update yet and not sure when my players will allow me time to take it down. IMO both QuickStack and CraftFromContainers should be vanilla QoL defaults. I don't know how any self-respecting developer can leave those features out of any modern survival game... or any other game that requires players to manage an inventory.

I'm playing with the BeyondCrafting mod which enables crafting from containers for the game and it's such a life saver. My only problem with it is that the range is humongous and it also allows repairs and upgrades, which when mass repairing a hordebase can lead to some complications (such as upgrading 1 block 1 tier too far)

It'd be great if it were a new type of container unlocked by tech tree progression or bought at traders. Player starts basic and primitive and as they go climbing the tech tiers they unlock the remote crafting option (a new type of crate that comes both in Iron or steel ) that broadcast all storage to nearby crafting stations and your inventory in a 20 block radius. But make it so upgrades/repairs need the item in the current inventory instead to balance things out.

Edited by Shino (see edit history)

On 7/25/2024 at 3:22 PM, Shino said:

I'm playing with the BeyondCrafting mod which enables crafting from containers for the game and it's such a life saver. My only problem with it is that the range is humongous and it also allows repairs and upgrades, which when mass repairing a hordebase can lead to some complications (such as upgrading 1 block 1 tier too far)

It'd be great if it were a new type of container unlocked by tech tree progression or bought at traders. Player starts basic and primitive and as they go climbing the tech tiers they unlock the remote crafting option (a new type of crate that comes both in Iron or steel ) that broadcast all storage to nearby crafting stations and your inventory in a 20 block radius. But make it so upgrades/repairs need the item in the current inventory instead to balance things out.

Hi!

I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but similar mods, such as "Beyond Storage" and "Craft from containers" create a "settings" file called config.json that is created inside a subfolder in the mod folder after you start the game with the mod installed. It is a file that you can open for example with notepad. 

Inside that file you can edit several settings, for example range, or what features you want to allow or disallow (for example if you want to allow repairs from containers or not).

Like I said, I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but I am pretty sure that it operates in a similar way to the other 2 and if that is the case you should have that config.json inside a subfolder in the mod folder. Just edit it to your liking 💜.

If you need help editing the settings just let me know, but it is usually pretty easy 💜.

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos (see edit history)

6 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Hi!

I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but similar mods, such as "Beyond Storage" and "Craft from containers" create a "settings" file called config.json that is created inside a subfolder in the mod folder after you start the game with the mod installed. It is a file that you can open for example with notepad. 

Inside that file you can edit several settings, for example range, or what features you want to allow or disallow (for example if you want to allow repairs from containers or not).

Like I said, I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but I am pretty sure that it operates in a similar way to the other 2 and if that is the case you should have that config.json inside a subfolder in the mod folder. Just edit it to your liking 💜.

If you need help editing the settings just let me know, but it is usually pretty easy 💜.

Hello! Thank you very much for the tip.
The mod was called Beyond Storage and I was just misremembering the name. As for the config file, I ended up discovering it on my own and then realized their page listed the possible configs that I could tweak so now I don't have to fear wasting all my forged steel when repairing my base. lol