War of the Walkers mod

dwallorde

Quest Requires to gather 24 cloth, 10 Aloe Plants, 4 Moldy Bread, 3 Potassium Nitrate, 1 Bottled Water, 4 Wood.

Craft 5 Bandages, 5 Aloe Cream, 5 First Aid Bandage, 1 Antibiotic, 2 Splints.

Can you confirm that you see all that? It may not show full list on the tracking screen but should in the actual quest window.

Can confirm. I went into the quest list and it shows any steps not shown onscreen however after finishing all ( all are green with a tick) still its onscreen and uncompleted.

I should clarify I did this 3 times each time making sure I had all the ingredients. Boy those aloe are rare now:)

P.S. Outstanding mod.

Edited by Tjb (see edit history)

A couple things I noticed while playing:

- Tungsten frames don't smelt into tungsten, they say forge material iron but give nothing at all

- In the builder's forge, taking out the iron by forging scrap iron comes at a big loss, it costs more than 1 per piece, unlike the regular forge.

- The rest levels decrease way too slowly. I think till now I never even lost the well-rested bonus, and I maybe stopped by my base once a day (plus, you could whip up a bedroll anywhere if needed). So it still feels cheaty, it doesn't feel good to get that huge stamina boost permanently and for free, without any downside.

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)

Can confirm. I went into the quest list and it shows any steps not shown onscreen however after finishing all ( all are green with a tick) still its onscreen and uncompleted.

I should clarify I did this 3 times each time making sure I had all the ingredients. Boy those aloe are rare now:)

P.S. Outstanding mod.

I did't yesterday. You must craft all (antibiotics in chemistration, you must see the moment of the crafting to count. The splint , First Aid Bandages and bandages on inventory).

That's the name of my sex tape!

( I'm sorry... not a modder, I just hit "Show New Posts" and read everything... I'm just exhausted from working so much and couldn't resist an obvious response.)

Carry on and ignore me people! <3

haha

- - - Updated - - -

A couple things I noticed while playing:

- Tungsten frames don't smelt into tungsten, they say forge material iron but give nothing at all

- In the builder's forge, taking out the iron by forging scrap iron comes at a big loss, it costs more than 1 per piece, unlike the regular forge.

- The rest levels decrease way too slowly. I think till now I never even lost the well-rested bonus, and I maybe stopped by my base once a day (plus, you could whip up a bedroll anywhere if needed). So it still feels cheaty, it doesn't feel good to get that huge stamina boost permanently and for free, without any downside.

Looking into

- - - Updated - - -

where are Survivors????

Found in many Biomes like the Forest and Pine Forest. They are NPC's that won't attack you. Getting a fix for that soon

- - - Updated - - -

I did't yesterday. You must craft all (antibiotics in chemistration, you must see the moment of the crafting to count. The splint , First Aid Bandages and bandages on inventory).

For the ones that require a workstation you have to have the window open before it completes to get credit for it. I believe this should be fixed in A16 as Madmole said that you will get exp from anything crafted in a workstation now as soon as you open it up, so in that sense you should receive the credit of crafting a item too. We will see

There may be a bug in the tungsten armor crafting. I have crafted leg etc... before but now I can not. No option in any workbench or in the back pack crafting menu? Not sure if its me missing something or not. Also I could not upgrade tungsten frames I found in a crate.

PS. I have the Kevlar in inventory as well as forged tungsten.

PPS. perhaps i should have posed a question in all that:) Dwallorde are you working on the tungsten stuff ATM? I am playing off line and just updated the mod.

Edited by Tjb
addendum (see edit history)

There may be a bug in the tungsten armor crafting. I have crafted leg etc... before but now I can not. No option in any workbench or in the back pack crafting menu? Not sure if its me missing something or not. Also I could not upgrade tungsten frames I found in a crate.

PS. I have the Kevlar in inventory as well as forged tungsten.

PPS. perhaps i should have posed a question in all that:) Dwallorde are you working on the tungsten stuff ATM? I am playing off line and just updated the mod.

Tungsten Armor requires using a Armor Smithing Workbench. Have you tried there?

V4.3.6 Released!

-Fixed Tungsten Frame Block Material

-Fixed Tools not Upgrading Tungsten Blocks

-Fixed Builders Forge Scrap Iron Recipe

-Fixed Weapons Smith Station Scrap Iron Recipe

-Changed Removed Duplicate Scrap Iron Recipe for Builders Forge

-Changed Rest Rystem

I couldn't find any description of the starting class skills, this should be added either ingame or in the description post here. There also needs to be a warning that reading magazines without meeting the requirements will forfeit the magazine.

Before you read the skill paper it says what the skill changes will be. The impact is minimal as there are no major skills involved. Builder gets things like claw hammer, wrench and miner 69er. Survivor gets pistol and 9mm ammo and run and health buffs. I am not sure what scholar gets but probably science and medicine.

Where are diamonds found? Been playing this mod for some time, and have yet to find any.

I have only ever found diamonds in a named treasure chest.

Edited by Akrux (see edit history)

Before you read the skill paper it says what the skill changes will be. The impact is minimal as there are no major skills involved. Builder gets things like claw hammer, wrench and miner 69er. Survivor gets pistol and 9mm ammo and run and health buffs. I am not sure what scholar gets but probably science and medicine.

I have only ever found diamonds in a named treasure chest.

1. The class system 2.0 is in the works. Will have exclusives and better descriptions. Won't say anymore now as its in early development. Also more than 3 classes

2. Rare ores should be more abundant in the next v4.4 release.

That's after you have to choose, so too late, and you never get to compare/see all at once. I had actually bought miner 69er already, and chose builder blindly after carrying the class paper around with me a bit, cause I had no clue what class to go for. The miner perk is also included in the starter class, so those 10 skill points just went poof, since I wasn't qualified for the next rank of it.

Hey Dwallorde,

As you already know, I am working on a combo pack using War of the Walkers as the base mod.

Is it okay if I use your mod as the base?

This is for personal use and maybe sharing with my friends, but I might release it for public use if it works well for us.

Just wanted to know how "comfortable" you are with sharing your brain child. :)

Hey Dwallorde,

As you already know, I am working on a combo pack using War of the Walkers as the base mod.

Is it okay if I use your mod as the base?

This is for personal use and maybe sharing with my friends, but I might release it for public use if it works well for us.

Just wanted to know how "comfortable" you are with sharing your brain child. :)

All good.

I paid more attention to where I got lots of loot, and it's actually not so much your crates in the wilderness, but rather the secure storage crates and secure chests in the custom prefabs. Those often have 1 full row or even more of stuff, and that's at 50% loot abundance. I had played with Magoli's Compo pack before, but together with Vanilla/Valmod these secure (player-built-type) crates/chests always were completely empty. With your mod they're filled to the brim, and in my opinion it throws off the loot quantity.

I want to say too though, overall I really enjoy this mod - I especially love the overhauled hordes with the custom bosses, much more interesting (iirc I already got my first cop on day 14 and the first custom ones on day 21, nice surprise). Your prefabs are also great stuff. And I do like the added crates in the wilderness, it definitely makes trudging through the woods more fun. Thank you, also for being responsive and putting out patches! (the last one I couldn't try yet though, it made my character revert to level 1 so I rolled back, just a heads up)

Some bugs:

- crafting shotgun shells yield gunsmith points not ammo crafting like all other ammunition

-Dwalls quest 1 part 5 of 5 base defense requires you to craft 4 log spikes 10 wood spikes and some scrap iron mines but there is no such thing as a scrap iron mine. The quest list is all green but it does not complete.

- far too many skill points received from leveling up. I am at level 141 and have 585 skill points banked even after manually buying some skills like heavy armor crafting to 100. Doing quests are a waste of time as you can just kill 20 or so zombies and get a dozen or more skill points from the level up. First step to fix this would be to remove the progression and keep a constant 5 skill points per level up from level 2 to 200.

Some bugs:

- crafting shotgun shells yield gunsmith points not ammo crafting like all other ammunition

-Dwalls quest 1 part 5 of 5 base defense requires you to craft 4 log spikes 10 wood spikes and some scrap iron mines but there is no such thing as a scrap iron mine. The quest list is all green but it does not complete.

- far too many skill points received from leveling up. I am at level 141 and have 585 skill points banked even after manually buying some skills like heavy armor crafting to 100. Doing quests are a waste of time as you can just kill 20 or so zombies and get a dozen or more skill points from the level up. First step to fix this would be to remove the progression and keep a constant 5 skill points per level up from level 2 to 200.

Noted. Thanks for the info.

Not sure if these are bugs but they do affect the game significantly:

- overalls have much better stats than anything else that can be equipped in that slot.

- bandit face masks also have much better stats than anything else for that slot

Also the game is pretty easy even at insane with max zombie spawn, no airdrops and defeating every 7th day horde.

The first week can be tough but after that it opens up fast. In my current game I got a complete quality 600 M25 sniper rifle on day 10 from a weapon crate in the middle of nowhere (if memory serves). Two days later I got the schematic for M25 from a bookshelf so no problem repairing it. Craft 300 7.62 bullets and the day 14 horde was wasted.

I would recommend doing away with the crates spawning in the wilderness or at least have them spawn only weapon parts not complete weapons. Max quality should be say 300. These crates in the wilderness are undefended so the loot should be mediocre at best.

Once you get gunsmith to 100 and the schematics the cost of weapon parts at 500 quality is trivial iron and clay. Make 5 barreta barrels and combine them for a 600 barrel. The cost should be steel/tungsten and lots of it with maybe some other rare items required for play balance.

Maybe 100 skill in gunsmith only results in 300 quality weapon parts. After all your forge and workbench are not a state of the art weapons factory. A player could still combine parts but the cost for quality 500+ would be more significant.

A quality 500+ advanced weapon should be a rare and wonderful beast that the player spent a significant effort of time and resources in acquiring.

Edited by Akrux (see edit history)

Null Exception Errors / Removing Bandits and Survivor

Hey,

I tried this Mod today but I got some NullExceptionErrors. I started a new game with this Mod and as I entered a Traitor-Building, a Survivor appeared. Since then, I had NullExceptionErrors every second until i left the Area. Since then, the game still worked fine. So maybe there is a Bug.

But the reason why I am writing is: I wanna use this Mod as it is but without Bandits and Survivors. Which XML-File do I have to edit to remove them from the game?

Not sure if these are bugs but they do affect the game significantly:

- overalls have much better stats than anything else that can be equipped in that slot.

- bandit face masks also have much better stats than anything else for that slot

Also the game is pretty easy even at insane with max zombie spawn, no airdrops and defeating every 7th day horde.

The first week can be tough but after that it opens up fast. In my current game I got a complete quality 600 M25 sniper rifle on day 10 from a weapon crate in the middle of nowhere (if memory serves). Two days later I got the schematic for M25 from a bookshelf so no problem repairing it. Craft 300 7.62 bullets and the day 14 horde was wasted.

I would recommend doing away with the crates spawning in the wilderness or at least have them spawn only weapon parts not complete weapons. Max quality should be say 300. These crates in the wilderness are undefended so the loot should be mediocre at best.

Once you get gunsmith to 100 and the schematics the cost of weapon parts at 500 quality is trivial iron and clay. Make 5 barreta barrels and combine them for a 600 barrel. The cost should be steel/tungsten and lots of it with maybe some other rare items required for play balance.

Maybe 100 skill in gunsmith only results in 300 quality weapon parts. After all your forge and workbench are not a state of the art weapons factory. A player could still combine parts but the cost for quality 500+ would be more significant.

A quality 500+ advanced weapon should be a rare and wonderful beast that the player spent a significant effort of time and resources in acquiring.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll look into this.