Key Racks Fail

6 hours ago, AndyKesner said:

the Key Racks and Key Boxes , are not working when a player created POI ,  is placed in a map.   they only work for the Creator of the POI.  WHY ?!?

To expand on what ZXTong asked, POI that have keys or buttons need to be on each person's computer for the keys to work.  They are not server side only.  It is also a good idea to have any custom POI on each person's computer because you can't see them at a distance if that aren't on your computer.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

well.  the map is crated on the server and the custom  POI installed in the map making process in the selections of poi's to put  in the map.  then  the players have to download the new maps / seeds  before being able to play on it    .      come check out APG and see what i mean.    Apex Predator Gaming.  and get in moderate and i wil personally take you to the POI's in question and show you what i mean.      i created these POI's  but no the map. I am Ackrosniper in game and Discord.    Bap  is the server owner ,  he knows who created the map.   I really need to know how to fix this.

9 hours ago, AndyKesner said:

I really need to know how to fix this.

You install the POIs on the client machines. It isn't a flaw with your POIs. It is a known issue.

RWG referenced the POIs and made a map, but didn't embed the POI details into the map data, just references to them. The server has the POIs, so it follows the reference and finds them and sends the block information to the players along with the map, but that isn't all of the information.

On the client side, the game would also like to follow the reference and look up some information, other than the block data which it got from the server. You might notice that a POI that isn't stored locally doesn't have a "Danger Meter" name, for instance. That's because there's no local Localization.txt file with the POIs name in it. You might also notice the players don't have the imposters for those POIs. Given time, and the right setting on the player's client, their game might eventually generate imposters, but that will take a while. It also seems that triggers connected to Key Racks and Boxes don't work if you don't have the POI stored locally. They do fire if you destroy them, probably because the client tells the server the block was destroyed. The trigger information is stored in the POI's XML. It must be that if the client doesn't have the POI's XML it doesn't know there's a trigger for the keyrack/box.