Loading prefab (a21) into existing game

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this game. I want to add a prefab I downloaded from nexus. (A small base) To my current game I'm playing.

Can someone give me step by step guide of how to do this please. (I read the prefab menu K has been disabled now)

I'm a bit of a noob and need simple instructions of how to do this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Sentry01 said:

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this game. I want to add a prefab I downloaded from nexus. (A small base) To my current game I'm playing.

Can someone give me step by step guide of how to do this please. (I read the prefab menu K has been disabled now)

I'm a bit of a noob and need simple instructions of how to do this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

You can add prefabs using World Editor from the main menu.  I'd recommend backing up your world and saves first in case you mess something up.  Then it's really just a matter of hitting ESC and going to the tab with prefabs and finding the one you want and placing it.  I don't think it would be a good idea to place it near your base or anything else you've made in the game just in case it messes up the region file but otherwise it should work.  It's usually easier just to add stuff to a new map/game than an existing one, though.

Thankyou for your reply, it really helps.

If I create a new world is there a way to create a spawn point so when I start my new game I appear where I want to be ? (Ie  near my new prefab)

44 minutes ago, Sentry01 said:

If I create a new world is there a way to create a spawn point so when I start my new game I appear where I want to be ?

See spawnpoints.xml under your GeneratedWorlds/<World Name>.

Remove all but one line (of the repeating ones), and edit that to your coordinates.

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)