Stuck at Creating Player...

Hi,

My friend has had this problem with 7 Days to Die ever since the release of A21. We figured maybe it was just a temporary problem and would be fixed later, but it still isn't working to this day.

Whenever she tries to:

1) Host her own game

2) Join my locally hosted game

3) Join ANY server (modded or completely vanilla)

she gets stuck at "Creating Player" and in the console, it gives a constant stream of red errors reading: "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

She has tried reinstalling, deleting her ENTIRE 7DTD folder inside AppData and verifying her cache to redownload the files, verifying her files and running with/without EAC and nothing has worked. She doesn't have any mods installed either.

I can post a log of what it reads when she attempts to join my locally hosted game, but it seems like something is going on on her end.

Some specs of her hardware/software that I can remember:

Windows 10

i5-8600k

Gtx 1070

16gb ram

Any new ideas are greatly appreciated but we've tried pretty much everything we can think of but something seems to be going on with her game.

Edited by Junkyard Cat (see edit history)

In the list of things done one important thing is missing: Using the launcher to delete all game settings.

To do that, she has to start the game launcher, change to the tools tab and select the last option that says something about clearing configuration. Then she has to turn on all checkmarks and activate. Warning: This will delete all games and worlds you have created.

If the problem persists, post the logs of both server and client ! Since this is a problem with multiplayer it is important to see both sides of such a connection. And please read the information thread here in the Support Section that tells you to read it. It tells you how to find the log files we want and how to post them. We don't want pictures of red lines on the screen players often post here, that is useless information. We need the complete logfiles that the game creates as a textfile on your harddisk

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

17 hours ago, meganoth said:

In the list of things done one important thing is missing: Using the launcher to delete all game settings.

To do that, she has to start the game launcher, change to the tools tab and select the last option that says something about clearing configuration. Then she has to turn on all checkmarks and activate. Warning: This will delete all games and worlds you have created.

If the problem persists, post the logs of both server and client ! Since this is a problem with multiplayer it is important to see both sides of such a connection. And please read the information thread here in the Support Section that tells you to read it. It tells you how to find the log files we want and how to post them. We don't want pictures of red lines on the screen players often post here, that is useless information. We need the complete logfiles that the game creates as a textfile on your harddisk

Thank you for the reply!

I will have her try that settings thing, but she uninstalled the game already to conserve space on her pc.

Also, you said this is a problem with multiplayer, but she can't even load into her own single player game which is really odd.

If we still cannot get it to work ill have her send me the log of when she tries to host the game, and i'll post it here.

/Edit:

It worked, thank you so much! We thought her game would be borked forever lol

17 hours ago, meganoth said:

Edited by Junkyard Cat (see edit history)