A21 Disadvantages

BBBBilly

1. The rewards for traders are too rich, they almost give everything. When I obtain a 6-quality M60, I don't even know how to make a 1-quality AR. Weapons, armor, and tool parts become almost useless and can only be sold.

2. Resurrecting near the backpack after death is not fun at all. If you accidentally damage a police car, it will be a nightmare. I hope to add an option like A20

3. Lack of more modes, such as early versions of Zombie Crazy Horde, which waited for airdrop supplies in one place and persisted for longer periods of time.

4. The update to A21 has destroyed many mods, such as the H7SB cart and vehicle, vehicle plus, and zombie plus packages.

5. The random map generator is still very rudimentary, and I hope to have more configuration functions, just like Kinggen

I have witnessed the glory of this game since version A1, hoping it can be even better.

1. agreed

2. "accidentally damage a police car" ...how? ...and why place a bedroll near it before? 

3. not sure what you mean there. What "modes" do you mean, and what is "Zombie Crazy Horde"? Do you want more options to sort of configure random wandering hordes?

Isn't it already adjustable how many spawn and what number? 

4. Yes, that's an almost inevitable thing and TFP cannot be blamed for it. They code the game ("vanilla") and can't consider compatibility of mods when they code/release a new game version. In fact that has to be the other way round, the mod developers have to adapt their code to work with the newer game version.

If it would be the other way round, development of the game would be severely slowed and could never reach the goal the developers want.

You would have to wait for your mods to be adapted...or just try to reinstall them.

It might be just a problem with your game installation when you just updated the game without clearing the mods which prevents it to function correctly.

5. You are already using mods, so why complaining about the vanilla map generator being insufficient. Use an alternative one.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

14 hours ago, BBBBilly said:

1. The rewards for traders are too rich, they almost give everything. When I obtain a 6-quality M60, I don't even know how to make a 1-quality AR. Weapons, armor, and tool parts become almost useless and can only be sold.

2. Resurrecting near the backpack after death is not fun at all. If you accidentally damage a police car, it will be a nightmare. I hope to add an option like A20

3. Lack of more modes, such as early versions of Zombie Crazy Horde, which waited for airdrop supplies in one place and persisted for longer periods of time.

4. The update to A21 has destroyed many mods, such as the H7SB cart and vehicle, vehicle plus, and zombie plus packages.

5. The random map generator is still very rudimentary, and I hope to have more configuration functions, just like Kinggen

I have witnessed the glory of this game since version A1, hoping it can be even better.

1. This will most likely receive a balancing update at some point.  No one disagrees with you about this that I've seen.  There are mods that adjust this if you don't want to wait for TFP.

2. You aren't required to resurrect next to the backpack unless you have no bedroll placed.  The resurrect options available in A20 are still available.  They just added a new option for resurrecting near where you died.

3. I doubt you'll see anything new in terms of wandering hordes beyond balance changes.  They will eventually get bandits added but those are likely to be limited to POIs rather than wandering, though it hasn't been verified one way or another.

4. This is expected with every update and if you've been playing since A1, you should already be very familiar with how it works.  It is up to the mod developers to update their mods to work with new alphas, not the other way around.

5. You aren't ever going to see RWG give you the kinds of options as third party map generators like KingGen or Teragon.  They want it to be simple enough for any player to use without having to spend any time to generate the map.  They *may* add a few additional options before gold but it won't be anything drastic.  If you want to make maps with many customization options, you'll need to use a third party map generator.  And I don't really see why that's a problem.

21 hours ago, BBBBilly said:

There's a mod called the Winchester which spawns a relentless amount of zombies when you attempt to open an airdrop, and on top of that it takes 14 seconds to open the crate. They're nearly impossible to deal with though unless you have a friend with you or you have the best weapons, and getting the best weapons is considerably more difficult in this mod. 

On 1/3/2024 at 7:20 PM, meilodasreh said:

1. agreed

2. "accidentally damage a police car" ...how? ...and why place a bedroll near it before? 

3. not sure what you mean there. What "modes" do you mean, and what is "Zombie Crazy Horde"? Do you want more options to sort of configure random wandering hordes?

Isn't it already adjustable how many spawn and what number? 

4. Yes, that's an almost inevitable thing and TFP cannot be blamed for it. They code the game ("vanilla") and can't consider compatibility of mods when they code/release a new game version. In fact that has to be the other way round, the mod developers have to adapt their code to work with the newer game version.

If it would be the other way round, development of the game would be severely slowed and could never reach the goal the developers want.

You would have to wait for your mods to be adapted...or just try to reinstall them.

It might be just a problem with your game installation when you just updated the game without clearing the mods which prevents it to function correctly.

5. You are already using mods, so why complaining about the vanilla map generator being insufficient. Use an alternative one.

The meaning of 3 is that it comes from an ancient version, and I am not sure if it is called this name. Born in a wasteland, an abandoned building, airdropped supplies fall from your head every day, including food and building materials. Weapons and so on, I miss them very much.

On 1/4/2024 at 4:21 AM, Riamus said:

3. I doubt you'll see anything new in terms of wandering hordes beyond balance changes.  They will eventually get bandits added but those are likely to be limited to POIs rather than wandering, though it hasn't been verified one way or another.

No, no, I may not have expressed it clearly. This is a game mode from an ancient version, perhaps not by that name. On the wasteland, there is a destroyed building where you must survive. Every day, airplanes drop a lot of supplies, including food, building materials, weapons, etc.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:59 AM, Arez said:

There's a mod called the Winchester which spawns a relentless amount of zombies when you attempt to open an airdrop, and on top of that it takes 14 seconds to open the crate. They're nearly impossible to deal with though unless you have a friend with you or you have the best weapons, and getting the best weapons is considerably more difficult in this mod. 

Actually, I want to say that this is a game mode from an ancient version, maybe not by that name, I remember it wrong.

Specifically, on a wasteland, a destroyed building requires you to survive there. Every day, airplanes drop a lot of supplies, including food, weapons...

On 1/4/2024 at 4:21 AM, Riamus said:

2. You aren't required to resurrect next to the backpack unless you have no bedroll placed.  The resurrect options available in A20 are still available.  They just added a new option for resurrecting near where you died.

5. You aren't ever going to see RWG give you the kinds of options as third party map generators like KingGen or Teragon.  They want it to be simple enough for any player to use without having to spend any time to generate the map.  They *may* add a few additional options before gold but it won't be anything drastic.  If you want to make maps with many customization options, you'll need to use a third party map generator.  And I don't really see why that's a problem.

Okay,

what I mean about 2 is

On a certain PVP server, death only drops backpacks

And keep the tool belt

Allowing resurrection near the backpack in this situation is extremely unreasonable, and the winner doesn't even have time to loot the killed person.

about 5

What I mean is that I hope there can be "advanced options" that allow for more settings, not very exaggerated requirements.

On 1/3/2024 at 7:20 PM, meilodasreh said:

What I mean about 2 is

On a certain PVP server, death only drops backpacks

And keep the tool belt

Allowing resurrection near the backpack in this situation is extremely unreasonable, and the winner doesn't even have time to loot the killed person.

So I hope there are options to control.