Drgnkght's No Magazines for A21

drgnkght

I don't care for the magazine skill books so I decided to create a mod to remove them. By the definition of this forum, this mod is considered a Modlet. However it modifies the basic crafting system by reverting the magazine skill system to the previous perk and schematic system. As such is probably almost certainly incompatible with other mods adding craftable items or blocks. And I wouldn't recommend adding it an existing save. (Or removing it from one either.)

Changes:

Removed Skill Magazines.

Added Schematics removed in A21.

Currently the localization is English only.

Download: NoMagazinesA21

Terms of Use: License

Compatibility Mods

For BFT2020-MCGA: NoMagazinesA21-MCGA-Compat

Edited by drgnkght
Added link for compatibility mod. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded, Drgnkght: I think this is exactly what I need to get back into A21. I hated that new system from day 0nw, and have been playing A20 ever since it's release.

Thank you sir!

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent mod! Ran into a bug though (possibly), got perks in miner 69er and my crafting tier levels of shovels and pick axes are stuck at 1, although fire axes and claw hammers have gone up to tier 5 no problem. I looked through progression.xml and everything looks right, so idk what's wrong.

18 hours ago, thepreston said:

Excellent mod! Ran into a bug though (possibly), got perks in miner 69er and my crafting tier levels of shovels and pick axes are stuck at 1, although fire axes and claw hammers have gone up to tier 5 no problem. I looked through progression.xml and everything looks right, so idk what's wrong.

@thepreston Thanks for the heads-up. I've fixed it.  I found a couple of other items that were broken (steel club and steel spear) while investigating this. I've fixed those also. Shouldn't cause any issues to update an existing game, but make a backup first to be safe.

1 hour ago, drgnkght said:

@thepreston Thanks for the heads-up. I've fixed it.  I found a couple of other items that were broken (steel club and steel spear) while investigating this. I've fixed those also. Shouldn't cause any issues to update an existing game, but make a backup first to be safe.

Existing game opening fine and tools are tier 5 now working good thanks. Can't tell you how much I appreciate not having to deal with magazines.