Why won't this type of passive effect apply?

Black_Wolf

So here's my code, i've been trying to make so the perk "well insulated" gives the player some damage resistance to elements like fire, but for some reason, it just refuses to work.

Any help?

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkWellInsulated']/effect_group">
			<passive_effect name="HypothermalResist" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3" value="10,30,50"/>
			<passive_effect name="HyperthermalResist" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3" value="10,30,50"/>
			<passive_effect name="BuffResistance" operation="base_add" level="1,3" value="0.10,0.30" tags="buffBurningMolotov,buffBurningElement,buffBurningEnvironment,buffBurningEnvironmentHack,buffBurningFlamingArrow,buffRadiation01,buffRadiation03,buffShocked"/>
			<passive_effect name="ElementalDamageResist" operation="base_add"  level="1,3" value=".1,.5"/>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onOtherDamagedSelf" action="AddBuff" buff="buffElementalRezist">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkWellInsulated" operation="GTE" value="1"/>
			</triggered_effect>

<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkWellInsulatedRank1Desc" long_desc_key="perkWellInsulatedRank1LongDesc"/>
			<effect_description level="2" desc_key="perkWellInsulatedRank2Desc" long_desc_key="perkWellInsulatedRank2LongDesc"/>
			<effect_description level="3" desc_key="perkWellInsulatedRank3Desc" long_desc_key="perkWellInsulatedRank3LongDesc"/>
</set>	

Everything works but "ElementalDamageResist" doesn't. Anyone knows why? 

I even tried with "GeneralDamageResist" to see if the former was an unused one but nope.

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Black_Wolf said:

snipped

I want to point out first that in my experience in A20, adding damage and element resist to a perk will apply to each piece of armour equipped. Stacking up to 5 times. (Will likely apply to A21 too)
The displayed value on the character screen also does NOT included the stacking of worn armour. Will only count for 1 and not up to 5.

Here's why it's likely not working:

<passive_effect name="ElementalDamageResist" operation="base_add"  level="1,3" value=".1,.5"/>   (this is using decimals instead of whole numbers)
			<triggered_effect trigger="onOtherDamagedSelf" action="AddBuff" buff="buffElementalRezist"> (You misspelled Resist)

8 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I want to point out first that in my experience in A20, adding damage and element resist to a perk will apply to each piece of armour equipped. Stacking up to 5 times. (Will likely apply to A21 too)
The displayed value on the character screen also does NOT included the stacking of worn armour. Will only count for 1 and not up to 5.

Here's why it's likely not working:

<passive_effect name="ElementalDamageResist" operation="base_add"  level="1,3" value=".1,.5"/>   (this is using decimals instead of whole numbers)
			<triggered_effect trigger="onOtherDamagedSelf" action="AddBuff" buff="buffElementalRezist"> (You misspelled Resist)

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I did various tests, using decimals and whole numbers (pain tolerance uses decimals too).

But one thing you said is interesting, does this effect work only when equipping armor?? I thought it'd work no matter what I'm wearing.

As for the buff at the end, that's a buff i made separately, and it works as intended.

4 hours ago, Black_Wolf said:

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I did various tests, using decimals and whole numbers (pain tolerance uses decimals too).

But one thing you said is interesting, does this effect work only when equipping armor?? I thought it'd work no matter what I'm wearing.

As for the buff at the end, that's a buff i made separately, and it works as intended.

PhysicalDamageResist and ElementalDamageResist uses whole numbers, GeneralDamageResist uses decimals.

In my experience, it works without armour, and wearing 1 piece doesn't affect anything, but once you start putting more armour pieces on, that's when it starts stacking. This is from A20 however, it may have changed for A21, though I'd imagine unlikely.

Again, the displayed value on the character screen will only count the first stack (A20 at least)

Setting ElementalDamageResist to a value of 5, will max at 25 with 5 pieces of armour, this will add 25% damage reduction of ElementalDamageResist to the total, which will exceed 100% with Q6 steel armour. If i recall, ElementalDamageResist affects explosives damage.

48 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

PhysicalDamageResist and ElementalDamageResist uses whole numbers, GeneralDamageResist uses decimals.

In my experience, it works without armour, and wearing 1 piece doesn't affect anything, but once you start putting more armour pieces on, that's when it starts stacking. This is from A20 however, it may have changed for A21, though I'd imagine unlikely.

Again, the displayed value on the character screen will only count the first stack (A20 at least)

Setting ElementalDamageResist to a value of 5, will max at 25 with 5 pieces of armour, this will add 25% damage reduction of ElementalDamageResist to the total, which will exceed 100% with Q6 steel armour. If i recall, ElementalDamageResist affects explosives damage.

Alright, thanks!