Set CPU affinity with EAC active

kaetting

Hello,

Does anyone have a bulletproof way nowdays to run 7dtd with CPU affinity and EAC active?

This is a very CPU heavy game and the FPS drops are insane. 

When I use Nvidia Geforce Experience  the "Optimal" setting are close to Ultra, but Ive trouble running a stable game at Lowest due to CPU FPS drops.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz / 16GB RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU / Windows 11 Home 23H2

Atm Im running the game from a bat-file with "%comspec% /C start /affinity 0x000000000000FFFC 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe" but it doesnt work 100%, more like 50/50 it starts with the set affinity.

you could use a PowerShell command to change the affinity of an already running process:

(get-process 7DaysToDie).ProcessorAffinity=[int]0xFFFC

just start the game in your favorite way and after that fire that command above.

2 hours ago, q123 said:

you could use a PowerShell command to change the affinity of an already running process:

(get-process 7DaysToDie).ProcessorAffinity=[int]0xFFFC

just start the game in your favorite way and after that fire that command above.

With EAC on I do not believe this is possible. 

• 1 month later...

Just going to state first I am using Process Lasso Pro.

For me every time I start 7 days with EAC on its getting only assigned to my efficiency cores which are garbage at running anything other than background tasks.

I have a Intel i9 12900ks 16 core, RTX 4090, so ideally id prefer to have the game restricted to just the performance cores as those run at 5.6ghz, or if thats not possible then have the game run on all cores. I've noticed this especially makes a difference when running the game at 4k with highest graphics settings, running on efficiency cores vs performance cores means the difference of about 30 fps.

I found that if I made an affinity rule for 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe for cores 0-15 (my performance cores) with a delay of 0 I was able to have 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe and 7DaysToDie.exe would inherit that affinity (although I also had a rule for it but it was never applied)