I can't seem to increase the number of zombies in my server

itsRod

Hey there guys, how's it going? I started playing 7 days to die around 3 days ago and I have been looking for ways to increase the number of zombies in my dedicated server(I play with friends sometimes and more zombies makes it more fun to explore and kill things). I have added both a "Duriel's Larger Hordes x8" as well as edited my spawning.xml file and yet I've been walking around for quite a while and barely found a zombie to kill. Any thoughts or ideas? How do you guys add more zombies to your server? 

On 11/5/2023 at 3:30 AM, hotpoon said:

Increasing the zombie count probably only increases the numbers of zombies hiding in cupboards and up in rafters.  There is a mod...I think its called "Increased Wilderness Zombies" that helps make the world feel less barren.

This isn't true, the zombie count is the max zombies that can be alive on the server/game, in total (quests can go over this cap a little bit).

On 11/4/2023 at 2:54 PM, itsRod said:

Hey there guys, how's it going? I started playing 7 days to die around 3 days ago and I have been looking for ways to increase the number of zombies in my dedicated server(I play with friends sometimes and more zombies makes it more fun to explore and kill things). I have added both a "Duriel's Larger Hordes x8" as well as edited my spawning.xml file and yet I've been walking around for quite a while and barely found a zombie to kill. Any thoughts or ideas? How do you guys add more zombies to your server? 

You may want to have a poke around in the spawning.xml file. There are two values you can adjust here: spawn max count and respawn delay (respawn delay is how fast replacements are spawned). These settings are for your biome zombies.