Where is my minibike?

tominkuwait

OK, riding along on my minibike.  Navezgane.  Going from the desert biome to the Pine Forest on my minibike full of stuff.  My home base is in the Pine Forest, and I'm loaded down.  However, gas is 90%+ and bike is 80%+, so no problem with the minibike.  Game suddenly stops.  I mean, blink, and its gone.   No warning, no glitches, nope, my game crashes.  

Start the game back up, and no minibike.  Not in my inventory and nowhere near my avatar.  Everything on the minibike is gone as well.  My avatar is on foot.  I have to run to base as it is close to 2200.  

Then I check my log.  Vehicle manager put my minibike at 487.9, 61.0, -96.4.  Now, I'm looking at the map.  Yes, I was near that location (487, 61).  But if I'm reading these coordinates, my minibike is 96 feet/meters below the ground?????   How????  Why???

This is WEIRD!  Found my minibike.  But it was a LONG distance from where the game glitched.  Based on the location of the minibike, it 'hit' a car in the road that was way behind the glitch location.  My guess is I had some serious lag between client/server that caught up to me.  Just glad I still had my newbie bicycle to backtrack!  

On 10/13/2023 at 8:35 PM, tominkuwait said:

This is WEIRD!  Found my minibike.  But it was a LONG distance from where the game glitched.  Based on the location of the minibike, it 'hit' a car in the road that was way behind the glitch location.  My guess is I had some serious lag between client/server that caught up to me.  Just glad I still had my newbie bicycle to backtrack!  

This is pretty common if your game crashes while using a vehicle.  It'll be no longer marked on your map and will be a ways back along the path you took.  The log out console will show coordinates and if you return there, you will find it.  Just pick it up and put it back down to get it to show on your map again.  You can do that later if you have stuff in the vehicle.

Be aware that, at least in A20, after getting back on your motorcycle or other vehicle after you find it, the game can glitch and if you edit and restart, your entire tool belt will be permanently gone.  To avoid this, I recommend entering your tool belt before exiting the game after finding your vehicle.  Just put everything in your inventory and edit and reload the game after you pick up and put down your vehicle.  You can then put everything back on your tool belt.  This may have been fixed on A21, but I haven't seen anything mentioning it, so be careful.