How to get your POI to connect with roads?

Lagadelphia

Hi all.  New to POI building and I need some help.   I know there is a certain item you need to add to the perimeter of your POI that tells the RWG that it can connect to a road.  I do not know what that is called nor how to find it in the editor :)  I've watched several Youtube videos on POI creation but I don't think I've seen that in any of them or I may have missed it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

18 minutes ago, Lagadelphia said:

Hi all.  New to POI building and I need some help.   I know there is a certain item you need to add to the perimeter of your POI that tells the RWG that it can connect to a road.  I do not know what that is called nor how to find it in the editor :)  I've watched several Youtube videos on POI creation but I don't think I've seen that in any of them or I may have missed it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

They are called driveways for each district that needs a driveway you will find it for that district.

Simply look at the top of your ground level right shift and enter a box should appear. 

Press k and then click left to select part then simply scroll thru the parts til you find part_driveway and find your driveway for the district you want.

Wilderness is different it needs either nothing or a roadexit which us the next tab after the part tab

Stallion gave you the details of placing a driveway or wilderness roadexit. The other part of this is knowing which to use for your POI. Driveway names match up with the Districts, but different Districts have different assumptions about where those driveways are attached to the POIs. For instance, the residential district has optional driveways for the back of the lot that connects with an alley. Also, the countrytown District needs to know (via tags) if your driveways are close to the edges of your POI so that it can account for the right curb cut. (On the edges you can encounter the street narrowing and driveways can mess up the sidewalk.)

There's a topic in this "Prefabs" forum called "RWG POI AND TILE GUIDE BY TFP" where you can find a document that describes some of these details.

You can also edit TFP POIs and use them as examples.