Time Charges and player damage

GoldenRodTea

I might be crazy but I am sure that timed charges did not hurt players when placed on larger safes and locked containers in alpha 20. I could have sworn I had a play-through in early 21 where I was playing with some timed charges and still did not take damage when they went off if I was next to them. Now I notice they hurt a lot and was wondering when the change was implemented. Was it a bug that was fixed? Were they always supposed to hurt players? Are they not supposed to hurt players? I am dying to know.

On 10/12/2023 at 5:36 AM, Old Crow said:

I have yet to have a Timed Charge damage me. Hell, they barely deal the damage statted to them to the locked objects (3000 block damage my ass).

I just died today from some timed charges (placed 3 down and started looting the stuff next to it) 🤣but I have max demolition expert

I figured it out with the help of Jugginator. If you have the multiplayer option for player killing set to no killing then you take zero damage from these. I forgot that I set that option to no killing when I play with my girlfriend and my sons so they won't shoot each other or me by accident. Have been doing this for years so when I play with them so I had no idea that it was saving my life from timed charges. The reason I even knew that I couldn't get hurt with them was that I placed one on a safe one day and everyone was body-blocking me.  I couldn't get away in time and it went off but I took no damage. For those few seconds before it went off  though I was screamin for everyone to get the hell out of the way and it was hilarious because it was a small space so we were all stuck. Hope this helps lol.

Fun Fact: I did some testing with player killing on and the damage range is so small you can place one on the edge of a frame and stand on the other edge of the frame and take no damage. Has to be the very edge though. 

4 hours ago, GoldenRodTea said:

I figured it out with the help of Jugginator. If you have the multiplayer option for player killing set to no killing then you take zero damage from these. I forgot that I set that option to no killing when I play with my girlfriend and my sons so they won't shoot each other or me by accident. Have been doing this for years so when I play with them so I had no idea that it was saving my life from timed charges. The reason I even knew that I couldn't get hurt with them was that I placed one on a safe one day and everyone was body-blocking me.  I couldn't get away in time and it went off but I took no damage. For those few seconds before it went off  though I was screamin for everyone to get the hell out of the way and it was hilarious because it was a small space so we were all stuck. Hope this helps lol.

Fun Fact: I did some testing with player killing on and the damage range is so small you can place one on the edge of a frame and stand on the other edge of the frame and take no damage. Has to be the very edge though. 

Ah-ha! That makes sense, I never thought about that having an effect!