Turret ammo in loot

Krougal

So I was thinking as an int focused build who travels with 2 junk turrets, it would be really beneficial to get ammo in loot but man there is so much recursion of groups in the loot.xml I really can't figure out where it makes the most sense to add it, or how much to give.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe have already done this.

16 hours ago, Krougal said:

So I was thinking as an int focused build who travels with 2 junk turrets, it would be really beneficial to get ammo in loot but man there is so much recursion of groups in the loot.xml I really can't figure out where it makes the most sense to add it, or how much to give.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe have already done this.

I made changes to the ammo loot in A20 and working on porting it over to A21.  Where exactly do you want to find the turret ammo?  Crates and end chests?  Treasure chests?  Ammo piles?  vehicles?

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

I made changes to the ammo loot in A20 and working on porting it over to A21.  Where exactly do you want to find the turret ammo?  Crates and end chests?  Treasure chests?  Ammo piles?  vehicles?

Ammo chests for sure, especially infestation ones.

Probably quest rewards too.

General ammo piles maybe as well.

I guess anywhere you might find other bullets is reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

Ammo chests for sure, especially infestation ones.

Probably quest rewards too.

General ammo piles maybe as well.

I guess anywhere you might find other bullets is reasonable. 

I should be able to post a link for a modlet this evening when I get home from work

Note, turret ammo will start showing up at the beginning of the game.  If you want to delay it, you will need to add the following:

loot_prob_template="ProbT1Cap"

If you add this, turret ammo won't start showing up until loot stage 42 (and will show up all game after that).

You will want to add that to lines 27, 31, and 35 and 27 should look like this as an example

<item group="groupTurretAmmoSmall" loot_prob_template="ProbT1Cap"/>

10 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Note, turret ammo will start showing up at the beginning of the game.  If you want to delay it, you will need to add the following:

loot_prob_template="ProbT1Cap"

If you add this, turret ammo won't start showing up until loot stage 42 (and will show up all game after that).

You will want to add that to lines 27, 31, and 35 and 27 should look like this as an example

<item group="groupTurretAmmoSmall" loot_prob_template="ProbT1Cap"/>

Thank you sir. I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance. Work has been crazy this week, so I just haven't had time or energy to play.

1 hour ago, Krougal said:

Thank you sir. I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance. Work has been crazy this week, so I just haven't had time or energy to play.

No worries, this was just something I was able to do during a break at work and then verify that I didn't make any coding mistakes before I packaged it up for you.  Enjoy.