Pretty please: a lock item in inventory toggle feature

Dark Wun

Can we please get a feature that allows locking of items in the inventory so they don't move when interacting with storage containers. This is awesome for looting / quick unloading at base?

The current quick button that allows you to move items in your inventory common to what is already in the container is great, it just needs this said lock feature so I don't have to worry about items I want to keep a supply of from moving to the container, e.g., arrows, bullets, medikits, etc.

On 9/16/2023 at 4:43 AM, DaDiGui said:

Lockable Inventory Slots MOD

I actually should have posted this in the Pimp Dreams forum as I was hoping for a base game feature. Thanks for the link though. Hard to see what it does exactly from the picture preview, but I see it's from the same modder of DF.

On 9/17/2023 at 11:43 PM, Dark Wun said:

I actually should have posted this in the Pimp Dreams forum as I was hoping for a base game feature. Thanks for the link though. Hard to see what it does exactly from the picture preview, but I see it's from the same modder of DF.

I believe the feature is actually in the game, the mods only add back in the GUI options for using it.

IIRC it was added as vanilla at one point but disabled again due to some issues, don't know whether it is still on the list to be looked at or if it has been dropped though, but it seems to work fine in the player inventory as far as I can tell, think it is a bit wonky in vehicles.