The skill tree and magazines are still in need of changes and reworks

BenZ0

This has been bothering me quiet a while so I decided to make this post. The skill tree right now. I have here some suggestions that I have collected over the time.

Useless skills:

The changes to some skills have been amazing, however we have now some perks that are kinda left behind and forgotten. Lock picking has been always a very niche skill, combine this perk with the infiltrator perk since both are not really worth beeing taken except you have most of the other perks already. Better barter has basicly lost its entire value because of the removal of the secret stach from the traders, combine this perk with daring adventurer or just remove it entirely. 

Attributes and "gain" perks:

Remove ALL perks and effects that increase your gain such as Mother load, huntsman and remove the extra gain from salvage operation. Bring back the old attribute stat increase such as Agility gave you more stamina on each level, fortitude will increase health with each level. The other attributes can get some other nice effects such as Intellect now increases the gain of dukes for quests and increases general crafting speed and scrapping speed with each level. Perception increases loot stage by 2% and loot speed by 4% each level (Remove the lucky looter perk). All attributes now also increase the gain of resources with the according tool in that tree by 5% each level up to 50% in total at level 10.

The other 50% of the extra resource gain to reach the full 100% from your lvl 5 perk should be bound to your tool you use, the better the tool the more resources you get, makes more sense aswell since a sharper tool can manage to obtain more resources. Stone tools and the wrench can increase the gain by up to 15% at quality 6, iron tools up to 30% and steel to 50%. The idea behind this is to have the extra gains build in to a more natural progression in the game, it just feels awful if you dont have mother load skilled cuz you are in a multiplayer map and your mate is going on mining, this makes you somewhat "useless" since you dont have that perk, your help is not needed to gather in this case.

Seed magazines and farming:

The seed magazines are pretty bare bones and could need an addition, also meanwhile something that annoyed me a really long time since I play this game since alpha 16 was that punching every ... single... crops... in.. my... farm is horrible. Especially in multiplayer servers where your farm can get pretty big and it is just such a hassle to punch every plant there, it also looks super silly.

I suggest to add a new farming tool, a hoe. Stone hoe, iron and steel. The hoe is supposed to hit mutliple crops in front of you in a cone (3-9 blocks range depending on the hoe from stone to steel) and also as mentioned above increase your yield of crops. The seed magazines can be increased now to 75 with the variouse upgrades of the hoe you can unlock. 

I believe with all these suggestions the skill tree will become much more healthier for the game. 

One last suggestion I would love to add would be to add battery life times for your helmed light mods or weapon flash lights. Batteries can be found almost everywhere, but also should be possible to be crafted by yourself at some point. Would fit really well to the game and might make the flashlights much more interesting since you have to think about the life time of your batteries. Throwable flares could be added aswell as an alternative light source. 

Thanks for reading if you made it this far and feel free to let me know what you think about this or if I should make any further adjustments to these suggestions.

Edited by BenZ0 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Sounds to me like you'd be better of playing Alpha 16.

I still very much enjoy alpha 21 and could never return to any other update. And I am pretty sure the skills will see more changes in the future, I was just hoping I could give some suggestions that might help out.

3 hours ago, For4ger said:

Great suggestions in my opinion, also something to do with vehicle and crafting perks in intellect, they are also almost useless at the moment.

I kinda agree and I was really close adding some suggestions to some intellect perks, however greace monkey for example is strong because of the fact that you find more vehicle adventure books, this alone makes the perk strong and important.