Future game features suggestions

KelBShobra

Ive been playing this game for a long time as many of us have, and as many of us have experienced, we all get some ideas evey now and again. So this is my submission! I wanna start this by saying, i in no way mean this to be a way to hate on the game or its new updates. This is partially my opinion, and i wanna see if you all agree or not! And if so or not, why?

So far the new update is great, game looks so much better, new textures for the firepit, workbench, doors, melee weapons, forge, abandon cars,  advertisements in factories, ect. are a huge improvement, plus the new magazine system seems to be proving to work very well! This new update has also brought back some of my energy for making suggestions like this. 

Starting off with vehicles.

The current vehicle system in a whole is a great system, having vehicles in general is a great thing. But i think as The models for abandoned cars are really good, in some ways better than the actual drivable one. Compaired to the jeep we get right now, i think being able to work towards repairing and driving an abandoned car with scrap and repair skill could be an interesting mechanic, also something to fight over in multiplayer. would add some variety to the game as currently (as far as i know) theres only one drivable car. I understand making every car drivable would create issues and is not possible, but say like 1 out of every 200 is salvageable? This way it doesnt break the game by having every car being repairable, but also gives the player a chance to get a trash slow vehicle early or something. It also ads room for things like vehicle workbenches to and modifications, custom wheels, suspension ride hight or independently colorable panels... Ect. I know im going a bit in over my head with this as i understand the game is still in development. But i believe this could add alot to the game, simmilar to installing mods like Bdub’s Vehicles. (Could even add an excavator or a bobcat if you really wanna to crazy) 

Continuing on with the topic Titles. 

Traps! Im gonna now just quickly rattle off a few ideas for traps one by one.

punji pits 

fake hole, real death, self explanatory.

flamethrower traps, simmilar to the new leaking gas line hazards you can find exploring. 

Firewall trap. A trap that shoots fire outwards, going out 2/3 blocks from the source, can chain them side by side facing upwards with a pressure plate in front to create a firewall that zombies can active by walking through. 

Heli Roto blade trap, this being simmilar to the blade trap, would be a variation of the blade trap, using a helicoper rotor as the blade. Giving a more variety for a post apocalyptic scavenger feel to the trap. 

And now for my final suggestions for now, weapons and small crafting/balancing features. 

Having weapon attachments like the barrel extender mod being visual. (I understand his id already planned) 

Different reflex sight (also plz make red dot more opaque as its too large and solid) 

Double barrel pipe shotgun Variant (has less durability than single tube for balancing) 

Removing the jar has caused a lot of issues, i understand this will more than likely be fixed soon. Can being removed is fine but not being able to fill a water container is busted. It also makes no sense to be able to make golden rod tea at a fire but not be able to boil water. Even with a dew collector you should still have to boil the water. 

To add to the water thing, eating and melting snowballs for water, even if it makes you sick or gives you dysentery should be a thing. And eating things like raw blueberries should give you like 1 water.  Kinda like how some canned foods give you water. 

Thats the end of my suggestions for now, hopefully this list is something thats considerable as i want to see nothing but improvement from this game. It has the potential to be amazing. 

If you made it this far , thanks and hope you are having a good day! 

Edited by KelBShobra
Spelling errors (see edit history)

I think restore power quest need to be updated. I think it would be awesome if it works kinda like a buried supply quest in the way that zombies spawn in the area once you shrink the circle.  The spawn would happen when the engine fails to turn on or when it turns on, maybe both. Have the timers that lockpicking has for the engine so it has a chance to fail more than once, and make it random. So if it fails you get a small wave of zombies, and when it turns on you get a bigger wave of zombies. B

3 hours ago, KelBShobra said:

Ive been playing this game for a long time as many of us have, and as many of us have experienced, we all get some ideas evey now and again. So this is my submission! I wanna start this by saying, i in no way mean this to be a way to hate on the game or its new updates. This is partially my opinion, and i wanna see if you all agree or not! And if so or not, why?

So far the new update is great, game looks so much better, new textures for the firepit, workbench, doors, melee weapons, forge, abandon cars,  advertisements in factories, ect. are a huge improvement, plus the new magazine system seems to be proving to work very well! This new update has also brought back some of my energy for making suggestions like this. 

Starting off with vehicles.

The current vehicle system in a whole is a great system, having vehicles in general is a great thing. But i think as The models for abandoned cars are really good, in some ways better than the actual drivable one. Compaired to the jeep we get right now, i think being able to work towards repairing and driving an abandoned car with scrap and repair skill could be an interesting mechanic, also something to fight over in multiplayer. would add some variety to the game as currently (as far as i know) theres only one drivable car. I understand making every car drivable would create issues and is not possible, but say like 1 out of every 200 is salvageable? This way it doesnt break the game by having every car being repairable, but also gives the player a chance to get a trash slow vehicle early or something. It also ads room for things like vehicle workbenches to and modifications, custom wheels, suspension ride hight or independently colorable panels... Ect. I know im going a bit in over my head with this as i understand the game is still in development. But i believe this could add alot to the game, simmilar to installing mods like Bdub’s Vehicles. (Could even add an excavator or a bobcat if you really wanna to crazy) 

Continuing on with the topic Titles. 

Traps! Im gonna now just quickly rattle off a few ideas for traps one by one.

punji pits 

fake hole, real death, self explanatory.

flamethrower traps, simmilar to the new leaking gas line hazards you can find exploring. 

Firewall trap. A trap that shoots fire outwards, going out 2/3 blocks from the source, can chain them side by side facing upwards with a pressure plate in front to create a firewall that zombies can active by walking through. 

Heli Roto blade trap, this being simmilar to the blade trap, would be a variation of the blade trap, using a helicoper rotor as the blade. Giving a more variety for a post apocalyptic scavenger feel to the trap. 

And now for my final suggestions for now, weapons and small crafting/balancing features. 

Having weapon attachments like the barrel extender mod being visual. (I understand his id already planned) 

Different reflex sight (also plz make red dot more opaque as its too large and solid) 

Double barrel pipe shotgun Variant (has less durability than single tube for balancing) 

Removing the jar has caused a lot of issues, i understand this will more than likely be fixed soon. Can being removed is fine but not being able to fill a water container is busted. It also makes no sense to be able to make golden rod tea at a fire but not be able to boil water. Even with a dew collector you should still have to boil the water. 

To add to the water thing, eating and melting snowballs for water, even if it makes you sick or gives you dysentery should be a thing. And eating things like raw blueberries should give you like 1 water.  Kinda like how some canned foods give you water. 

Thats the end of my suggestions for now, hopefully this list is something thats considerable as i want to see nothing but improvement from this game. It has the potential to be amazing. 

If you made it this far , thanks and hope you are having a good day! 

They will be updating the player vehicle models.  They showed some concept art in one of the A21 dev streams.  Adding repairable vehicles in the world isn't likely to happen but there is a mod that does this.  Give it a shot.  It adds a ton of new vehicles as well.

They are considering flame traps and/or weapons but the concern is that fire can really hurt fps for some players if used a lot in one place (like traps) so it is not guaranteed they will add it if they can't avoid that issue.

I doubt they will add any variations on existing traps.  If it does the same thing but just looks different, it really isn't anything more than cosmetic so wouldn't be a priority for them.  That being said, maybe they will have a DLC that adds cosmetic variations for traps.

The same for variations on weapons.  Weapons are meant to be unique to one another and in different tiers.  Having a bunch of different bladed weapons or shotguns or whatever really isn't what they are going for here.

As you said, they are planning on at least some more mods being visible.  We will have to wait to see what ones they do this for.  I'm guessing they won't do it for all of them.

They aren't likely to make any water changes that increase the availability of water.  Snow is an endless source of water as is a lake or river.  They are well aware that it isn't realistic but this is a game and they are choosing gameplay over realism.  And in this case, the gameplay they want is to have water be a challenge in early game.  You can expect food to be next as they already moved wolves and bears out of the forest as step 1 in a balance of some sort (my guess is food, though that is a guess).  Any adjustments to water will end up being something basic like changing the rate of water generation in the dew collector or perhaps altering drop rates for drinks.  Regardless what players think of the change, jars are gone for good and dew collectors are staying.  The idea of a bucket to carry and boil water could possibly make it back in since it does require forged iron to craft.  If they do, it will probably be removed from trader inventory or at least moved to a high trader stage so it can't be bought early.  Of course there is still the ease of getting forged iron in loot, so they would have to change that as well so you can't craft one in the first few days or so either.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)