Suggestion: Notification when POI is cleared

Oros

I am in the process of taking over a Navezgane Corrections, and at one point while I was transferring stuff from my starter base to there, I came back to NC to find that some of the sleepers had respawned, despite putting down enough Land Claim Blocks to fully cover the area without gaps. Discussion on Steam led me to believe the most likely cause to be a failure to clear the place totally on the first pass. I think I've managed it, but only time will tell.

My suggestion therefore is, much like when doing a clear quest, have the POI indicate when all sleepers have been killed, perhaps by having the skulls under the title turn green?

10 minutes ago, Oros said:

I am in the process of taking over a Navezgane Corrections, and at one point while I was transferring stuff from my starter base to there, I came back to NC to find that some of the sleepers had respawned, despite putting down enough Land Claim Blocks to fully cover the area without gaps. Discussion on Steam led me to believe the most likely cause to be a failure to clear the place totally on the first pass. I think I've managed it, but only time will tell.

My suggestion therefore is, much like when doing a clear quest, have the POI indicate when all sleepers have been killed, perhaps by having the skulls under the title turn green?

I wouldn't think they'd do this since sleepers can appear again after a time period and the POI can be reset and if you're doing a quest it already tells you when you're done.  But what you're seeing is a bug that has been discussed for at least a couple of weeks now.  I'm not sure the status of a fix for the zombies spawning again within a landclaim in a POI but others have been experiencing this as well.  It doesn't appear to be because you're missing killing zombies.

On 7/23/2023 at 1:35 AM, Riamus said:

I wouldn't think they'd do this since sleepers can appear again after a time period and the POI can be reset and if you're doing a quest it already tells you when you're done.  But what you're seeing is a bug that has been discussed for at least a couple of weeks now.  I'm not sure the status of a fix for the zombies spawning again within a landclaim in a POI but others have been experiencing this as well.  It doesn't appear to be because you're missing killing zombies.

Ah, ok, I didn't think to check if it had already been reported as a bug, thanks! :)

On 7/23/2023 at 1:35 AM, Riamus said:

Ah, ok, I didn't think to check if it had already been reported as a bug, thanks! :)

On 7/22/2023 at 11:22 PM, Oros said:

Yeah, as someone else mentioned, that POI has a nasty bug where some zombie volumes respawn if you enter it again, even without leaving the POI grounds.

I assume you are talking about a clear indicator when you aren't  questing the POI (if it was a quest, you definitely have an indicator that the POI is clear). Personally, any element they add that detracts from immersion is something I'm typically against. I hate the new difficulty indicator when you enter POI grounds and have it modded out. However I'm not about telling other players that their idea isn't good and shouldn't be added. I'd be ok with with something like this as long as I can have the option to turn it off or can easily mod it out.

On 7/29/2023 at 10:43 PM, Hoodlumdan said:

Pretty sure land claims do not stop zombie spawns, but bedrolls do. In the server config menu multiplayer tab, hover over "Bedroll Deadzone".

Land claims will stop zombie spawns. I never put down bedrolls (I play permadeath, so I don't have a need for it and don't like the "home" music) and I never have an issue with zombies respawning in my POI. The only times I've had that happen is if I take down the claim to place a new one somewhere else in the POI. Land claims will also prevent that POI from appearing in any quest list at the trader, similar to the bed roll.

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)