Ragdoll effects from Sledge Turret and Stun Baton still affect friendly players despite no friendly fire

OreEnthusiast

Even with friendly fire turned off these effects can still hit players. The Sledge turret can be used directly by holding it and using it on another player. This actually causes a few other bugs as a result. The Stun Baton's repulsor effect does the same but you can't hit a player directly. Instead they have to be standing either near you or a zombie you're hitting when you hit something for it to go off. The second one in particular has pretty much completely stopped the ability for me to participate in a melee fight with my buddy in co op. In some cases it's really bad such as knocking him off the roof of a skyscraper POI despite him standing behind me while I was meleeing zombies. In other cases this can actually cause someone to ragdoll inside of blocks like when I stunned him in our horde base and he got trapped in the wall.

8 hours ago, OreEnthusiast said:

Even with friendly fire turned off these effects can still hit players. The Sledge turret can be used directly by holding it and using it on another player. This actually causes a few other bugs as a result. The Stun Baton's repulsor effect does the same but you can't hit a player directly. Instead they have to be standing either near you or a zombie you're hitting when you hit something for it to go off. The second one in particular has pretty much completely stopped the ability for me to participate in a melee fight with my buddy in co op. In some cases it's really bad such as knocking him off the roof of a skyscraper POI despite him standing behind me while I was meleeing zombies. In other cases this can actually cause someone to ragdoll inside of blocks like when I stunned him in our horde base and he got trapped in the wall.

Is this on the experimental A21.1?

36 minutes ago, OreEnthusiast said:

No this is all happening on A21 stable. 

It's a known issue on the stable version. But if it still happens during experimental it would be good to know and could be worth filing a bug report to them. They didn't explicitly mention it on the experimental changelog but I recall reading one of the bug reports a QA staff said the repulsor mod issue was fixed internally and would be in a later update. Not sure about the sledge though

edit: found the thread

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)