Press (E) to Drink

zztong

When the crosshairs are pointed at water, is it possible to change the "Press (E) to Drink" action to be a "Press (E) to Gather Water" action?

I'd like to try a solo game where I could gather a Mirky Water from a water source, rather than take a drink. In items.xml there appears to be a "Drink" effect_group that is part of an item named "meleeHandPlayer", but I've not found an examples of an effect_group giving an item.

I'm hoping this isn't something that needs a C#/EAC-Off kind of solution.

Would it be more tied to Action2 which is the actual drinking mechanism while the effect group runs the code / checks of the various conditions?  Wonder if you change the code in Action2 to create item like the bundles do and tie it to the water blocks if that is even possible....

28 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Would it be more tied to Action2 which is the actual drinking mechanism while the effect group runs the code / checks of the various conditions?  Wonder if you change the code in Action2 to create item like the bundles do and tie it to the water blocks if that is even possible....

Oh, the action. I really need to learn this part of the XML better. Yes, a quick test over lunch shows that putting "Create_item" and "Create_item_count" properties in Action2 does work. Thanks for the pointer.