Dew collector change (suggestion)

Callum123456789

Make dew collectors not require the water filter to be crafted but without the filter it produces murky water I'm thinking if the dew collector had slots like the forge does this could be done and would help alleviate the people who are unable to find it in loot or don't want to rely on the trader to be able to craft one.

Just posted the same thing on Steam forums, so I'll dump it here too!

TLDNR: +1 XD

Suggestion: Modular Dew Collector

Small idea, but I felt when I had the Dew Collector, like most other crafting stations &machines, I felt I should be able to build it to collect at least Murky Water ...then plug in a Water filter (maybe have it degrade over time to keep pressure/cost/upkeep of the convenience?) to let it produce clean water instead ... maybe a module to speed up production, or allow it to produce better in varying weather conditions, or have storage larger capacity, etc.

Getting murky water out of it would save my inevitable puddle drinking early game and for the cost of making one, it still offers a convenience especially for remote bases [even without"clean" water... as you can boil this water into clean with some fuel/effort before investing to get a filter and make it even more convenient

Anyways, great addition in general, personally would love to see it expanded upon like everything else great in this game.

food for thought. (more to come sorry in advance lol)

Although I'm not saying this is a bad idea, madmole said no to murky water from the dew collector with no filter.  I forget what he said about it but I think it was basically that it made water too easy still.

Honestly, water isn't a big deal unless you are making a lot of glue and buying filters isn't really a big deal.  Dew collectors aren't even needed for single player or even two player games unless you need a lot of glue or you don't like looting.  You find plenty of murky water looting.