"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" When trying to join a friend.

failsafe091

Player data on the host is corrupted. Usually caused by improper shutdown or disconnect. 

Your friend will need to go into their saves folder and open the Players folder. Then they will need to delete these files while their client is closed.

EOS_0002b65047014a52b693cc12e516fd89.ttp

EOS_0002b65047014a52b693cc12e516fd89.ttp.bak

Once that is done, your character will be reset and you should be able to join again.

20 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Player data on the host is corrupted. Usually caused by improper shutdown or disconnect. 

Your friend will need to go into their saves folder and open the Players folder. Then they will need to delete these files while their client is closed.

EOS_0002b65047014a52b693cc12e516fd89.ttp

EOS_0002b65047014a52b693cc12e516fd89.ttp.bak

Once that is done, your character will be reset and you should be able to join again.

Thanks, this worked!

Hi SylenThunder,

I have the same issue. My wife cannot join our game anymore.

As you did not mention where to find the saves folder I had to search alot.

However I found a saves folder here:

C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves

But inside was no Players folder - so I don`t know what to do.

I searched again and found a player folder here:

C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\SavesLocal\B33473796B625B4B96E4C9E2CEB241B0\Player

But there was only a map file.

Then I searched the whole PC for "EOS_0002b65047014a52b693cc12e516fd89*" but did find nothing.

So I am a bit lost. Could you help me please.

First two general hints:

For a new issue start a new thread. No two problems are alike as you can easily see as failsafes problems was solved and yours not.

Secondly there are pinned threads in this forum section that tell you what you should do when you ask for help, so you don't waste the time of the **volunteers** doing the help here. Most importantly is the information how to post a logfile so we have more insight in the issue.

Your issue can only be solved on the server of your game, i.e. the machine your wife tries to log into. And there you should find a folder (usually that would be AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves) with as many saves as you have started games on that server and each one of them would have a Players folder.

The actual numbers Sylen gave to failsafe (the EOS_*** numbers) are specific to failsafes case and Sylen knew those numbers because failsafe did post his logfile. The other possibility is that you yourself look into the logfile and search for your wifes in-game name, there the EOS number will sometimes be shown alongside.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)