A21 - Is there any way to spawn yellow dot zombies via command?

Izzanag1

Yesterday I was doing shotgun messiah (T5) and it took me a good while to complete it only to find that I was missing a yellow dot that I couldn't trigger (one of the fire pipe rooms), wasting about two hours (got a good steel axe lv 6 at least!)

or maybe a complete current quest command?

15 minutes ago, Izzanag1 said:

Yesterday I was doing shotgun messiah (T5) and it took me a good while to complete it only to find that I was missing a yellow dot that I couldn't trigger (one of the fire pipe rooms), wasting about two hours (got a good steel axe lv 6 at least!)

or maybe a complete current quest command?

Usually there are 2 ways to handle this. Breaking all buttons you find or turning them on with electricity. I was on this POI yesterday also. I feel like it lacks some explanation too.  

52 minutes ago, SenLim said:

I also would like to know if there's a console command to graphically display zombie (box or compass dots). Yes it's cheating but I'm playing solo.

You can activate debug mode (F1 > write dm > enter) then press numpad 0 and you can see every zombie "text" through walls, but it doesn't show triggers like buttons and doors

1 hour ago, Lamblaska said:

Usually there are 2 ways to handle this. Breaking all buttons you find or turning them on with electricity. I was on this POI yesterday also. I feel like it lacks some explanation too.  

By turning them on with electricity you mean carrying a generator and wire? or just activating them when you see a prompt?

2 hours ago, Izzanag1 said:

You can activate debug mode (F1 > write dm > enter) then press numpad 0 and you can see every zombie "text" through walls, but it doesn't show triggers like buttons and doors

By turning them on with electricity you mean carrying a generator and wire? or just activating them when you see a prompt?

Just the wire, I think the generators around still work. But I never test it... i just destroy the buttons 

5 minutes ago, Lamblaska said:

I think the generators around still work.

I would think the quest generators are separate from the player electric system... have you actually done something with them outside of the Restore Power -quests, or just guessing they would work? They do sorta look like they should, but I'd be highly surprised if they did.

14 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I would think the quest generators are separate from the player electric system... have you actually done something with them outside of the Restore Power -quests, or just guessing they would work? They do sorta look like they should, but I'd be highly surprised if they did.

Just guessing. I usually destroy the button 

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

I would think the quest generators are separate from the player electric system

I can tell you that when POIs are made the player electric system is not used. I doubt anything you did in game with the electric system would have any effect.

9 minutes ago, zztong said:

I can tell you that when POIs are made the player electric system is not used.

Ye, good point, they couldn't even really work like that. I did know it, but I'm being intentionally cautious with my statements; it's a new alpha and all ... :)

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)