Junk Drone Gone?

CoolJ

For some reason during my last play session my junk drone just disappeared. I tried flying around looking for it between the path I had taken and the place I last saw it. Nothing. I tried re-logging and still nothing. I did note this in the startup info in console.Drone.jpg.bb9894ec0cd6ccf9a2965ac31bf67d78.jpg

I'm not sure how to fix this. I tried giving myself another drone but the game wont let me place it. It says I have reached the limit. I get that it is gone. No big deal. But how do I reset the number of drones attached to my character to zero? Or how do I reset the position of it to somewhere close to my character so I can go get it?

Edited by CoolJ (see edit history)

12 hours ago, CoolJ said:

For some reason during my last play session my junk drone just disappeared. I tried flying around looking for it between the path I had taken and the place I last saw it. Nothing. I tried re-logging and still nothing. I did note this in the startup info in console.Drone.jpg.bb9894ec0cd6ccf9a2965ac31bf67d78.jpg

I'm not sure how to fix this. I tried giving myself another drone but the game wont let me place it. It says I have reached the limit. I get that it is gone. No big deal. But how do I reset the number of drones attached to my character to zero? Or how do I reset the position of it to somewhere close to my character so I can go get it?

If the coordinates are gone like that, there's only one option... remove your ownership of the drone.  This will let you place a new drone, though you'll lose anything that was in the drone's inventory and any mods on the drone as well as the drone itself.

Press F1.

Type:  jd clear

Press F1.

All done.  If you want to get the stuff back using the creative menu and you have access to enabling that, then you can give yourself the missing items.

Press F1.

Type:  cm

Press F1.

Click the lightbulb icon at the top of the screen above the compass.

Search for the item(s) you want to replace and drag them to your inventory.

Close the creative menu.

Press F1.

Type: cm

Press F1.

All set.

Note for anyone else:  If there are coordinates for the drone in the log right after fully loading the game, you can just teleport to those coordinates or travel to those coordinates to find and recover your drone.  Clearing the drone should be the last ditch effort when it isn't possible to get your drone back.  Note that clearing a drone will not remove it from the game and so it'll remain wherever it is and just not be usable by anyone.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

If the coordinates are gone like that, there's only one option... remove your ownership of the drone.  This will let you place a new drone, though you'll lose anything that was in the drone's inventory and any mods on the drone as well as the drone itself.

Press F1.

Type:  jd clear

Press F1.

All done.  If you want to get the stuff back using the creative menu and you have access to enabling that, then you can give yourself the missing items.

Press F1.

Type:  cm

Press F1.

Click the lightbulb icon at the top of the screen above the compass.

Search for the item(s) you want to replace and drag them to your inventory.

Close the creative menu.

Press F1.

Type: cm

Press F1.

All set.

Note for anyone else:  If there are coordinates for the drone in the log right after fully loading the game, you can just teleport to those coordinates or travel to those coordinates to find and recover your drone.  Clearing the drone should be the last ditch effort when it isn't possible to get your drone back.  Note that clearing a drone will not remove it from the game and so it'll remain wherever it is and just not be usable by anyone.

Thank you. As you can see from the picture. The location is listed on all coordinates as NaN. In computer speak that means Not A Number. It is banished to the shadow realm I am afraid. Thankfully, I didn't have anything in it I care about. I never had a problem with a drone before, but I have seen some strange problems with them on other peoples videos. So I never put anything in them I am not willing to lose. Thanks for the command info.