How do I get more skyscraper PoIs in RWG?

Since teragon does not yet work with A21, I've been messing with the built-in RWG and rwgmixer.xml.

I'm mostly getting what I want out of it but each map generated only has one skyscraper building (one of each _01, 02, 03, 04 and the new one).

How do I force the RWG to generate more? Preferably all five per each city?

My current map has 11(!) factories_03, four hospitals but only a single higashi, dishong etc.

Could it be this entry in the PoI xml?

DuplicateRepeatDistance 10000

I'm generating another world at the moment after removing this entry from the xmls for all skyscrapers, I noticed it wasn't used in factories, hospital and the apartment and all of those easily spawned multiple times.

EDIT: Yep, looks like I have answered my own question, got about 10 of each skyscraper buildings.

Edited by Blasphemous (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Blasphemous said:

DuplicateRepeatDistance 10000

That's should limit that POI to around 1 per map, unless you make a bigger map. You can change that if you're willing to edit the POI files.

Your next issue is they must have a place to be placed, which means you need to influence the mix of Tiles that RWG selects. If you're after skyscrapers that go into the "downtown" district, then you need more Cities. RWG offers you an option to increase the number of Cities/Towns using the UI. Also, larger maps can have more Cities/Towns. (Note that TFP's newer T5 POIs aren't targeted at the downtown. You can find them in rural and commercial districts.)

Your last option is to try to influence things via bias. Look to rwgmixer.xml:

<!--  prefab spawn weight info:
	base score for a prefab is always 1, 
	then additions are done; score += (bias + (tier / 5)), 
	then score is divided by world count; score /= prefab.worldcount,
	finally score is multiplied by weight and returned; return score * weight  -->
<!--  weight default 1; bias default 0  -->
<prefab_spawn_adjust partial_name="lot_rural_filler" bias="5"/>

Note that the Tier figures into the formula, so higher Tier POIs already have a bias advantage over lower tier POIs. You can go nuts giving any POI with "skyscraper" in the name if you like, but remember the part about Tiles and settlements above. You need cities, then you need downtown Tiles, and then you can have places for the downtown skyscrapers to land.

It might be that you just mean "more tier 5s" instead of skyscrapers, specifically. If so, larger map and more cities is about your easy approach.

5 hours ago, zztong said:

That's should limit that POI to around 1 per map, unless you make a bigger map. You can change that if you're willing to edit the POI files.

Your next issue is they must have a place to be placed, which means you need to influence the mix of Tiles that RWG selects. If you're after skyscrapers that go into the "downtown" district, then you need more Cities. RWG offers you an option to increase the number of Cities/Towns using the UI. Also, larger maps can have more Cities/Towns. (Note that TFP's newer T5 POIs aren't targeted at the downtown. You can find them in rural and commercial districts.)

Your last option is to try to influence things via bias. Look to rwgmixer.xml:

<!--  prefab spawn weight info:
	base score for a prefab is always 1, 
	then additions are done; score += (bias + (tier / 5)), 
	then score is divided by world count; score /= prefab.worldcount,
	finally score is multiplied by weight and returned; return score * weight  -->
<!--  weight default 1; bias default 0  -->
<prefab_spawn_adjust partial_name="lot_rural_filler" bias="5"/>

Note that the Tier figures into the formula, so higher Tier POIs already have a bias advantage over lower tier POIs. You can go nuts giving any POI with "skyscraper" in the name if you like, but remember the part about Tiles and settlements above. You need cities, then you need downtown Tiles, and then you can have places for the downtown skyscrapers to land.

It might be that you just mean "more tier 5s" instead of skyscrapers, specifically. If so, larger map and more cities is about your easy approach.

Thanks, I've already adjusted the rwg to generate big cities only and used in-game sliders to disable towns etc.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Lulah said:

What exactly did you changed in which file? I get big nice cities but no skycraper at all.

Thank you

I think he edited the XML files for the skyscrapers and lowered to DuplicateRepeatDistance property from 10000 to probably something like 1000. I think you could also just delete that property.