Trader Quests choice

Mastermind

I didn't play much since A19, so that may be old news.  But I'm having this issue.  Back in A19, trader would give quest to more or less the same POI over and over and over (especially for T5 on small maps).

Now, it seems that once I do a POI as a quest, it's removed from the quest pool.  I have a trader that used to have pretty much all quest within 1km.  Now, he doesn't offer me anything closer than 4km for some tier.  He doesn't even offer me any T6 quest anymore. So, I was wondering, is it :

• How it is supposed to work now?
  • An issue with A21?
  • Maybe a bug because the world was started on b313 and I'm now playing on B317?

2 hours ago, Mastermind said:

I didn't play much since A19, so that may be old news.  But I'm having this issue.  Back in A19, trader would give quest to more or less the same POI over and over and over (especially for T5 on small maps).

Now, it seems that once I do a POI as a quest, it's removed from the quest pool.  I have a trader that used to have pretty much all quest within 1km.  Now, he doesn't offer me anything closer than 4km for some tier.  He doesn't even offer me any T6 quest anymore. So, I was wondering, is it :

• How it is supposed to work now?
  • An issue with A21?
  • Maybe a bug because the world was started on b313 and I'm now playing on B317?

A21 made it so you don't repeat quests all the time (it's not a bug).  This was something that was needed as you'd always have the same limited number of quests over and over even if there were many other quest POI in the town.  They probably still need to tweak this, though.  You'll still repeat quests if there aren't other options within a certain distance, which can happen especially with T5.

Something to keep in mind - if a town does not have many of a certain tier of quests, you'll most likely be sent far away to do those quests.  Small towns are definitely a problem for this when you want to do tier 4 and 5 quests.  Being in a large town will offer more choices but with it being a large town, it also means that just going from one side to the other might be 1km+.

Also, there aren't T6 quests in the game.  Only T1-T5.  T5 Infestation is like a T6 quest but is still a T5 quest.

In short, different maps and different towns/traders will give you different results for how close the quests are from the trader.

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Also, there aren't T6 quests in the game.  Only T1-T5.  T5 Infestation is like a T6 quest but is still a T5 quest.

I haven't played that far yet, but I was under the impression that there were T6 Infestations? Infestation quests in T5 POIs?

8 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I haven't played that far yet, but I was under the impression that there were T6 Infestations? Infestation quests in T5 POIs?

They are T5 Infestation quests that are equivalent to doing a T6 quest.  Just like a T2 Infestation is equivalent to a T3 quest.  Actually, they say it's equivalent but from experience, the infestation quests seem to be closer to quest level + 1.5 levels rather than quest level + 1 level.

Disclaimer: This is based on what the devs said and I have not yet gotten to T5 completion to see if anything is marked as T6 but they were pretty clear (to me) that there wasn't an actual T6 quest.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Done in T4 POIs?

A T4 Infestation would be a T4 POI with more zombies/etc.  A T5 would be in a T5 POI.  I am almost positive any infestation quests I have done were the the same POI level as the quest.  I might be wrong but I don't believe so.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, Riamus said:

T6 ARE in the game.

image.thumb.png.b112714e967cdaefc7207cfb5d99ae70.png

They are exclusively infestation quest at T5 POI.  That's why you don't get T1 infestation.  An infested T1 POI is a T2 quest.

1 minute ago, Riamus said:

A T4 Infestation would be a T4 POI with more zombies/etc. 

No. Tier 4 Infestations are T4 quests in T3 POIs with "double" the zombies. T6 Infestation would be a T5 POI with double zeds.

What the dev has meant is, there are no T6 POIs, and thus no T6 Fetch/Clears - no "honest" T6 quests.

1 minute ago, Mastermind said:

T6 ARE in the game.

They are exclusively infestation quest at T5 POI.  That's why you don't get T1 infestation.  An infested T1 POI is a T2 quest.

Ok, so it seems I misunderstood what they were saying.  I'll take a look after completing T5.

A little follow up.  I managed to fix my issue. In case someone else encounter the same problem, here's what I did.

I went to level a 2nd trader up to T5.  Once at T5, I did a T5 POI (actually, I did 2) I had previously done with Trader #1. After that, not only did Trader#1 started offering quest within 1km again, he started offering T6 quest again too.

Maybe it didn't need to be T5 that were previously visited with Trader #1 though.