Learn by doing instead of reading?

Archael

15 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

[...]

My biggest gripe is the absolutely stupid logic behind living off the land, where you require tier 2 to have a sustainable farm. Last time I mentioned this, the reason for this was "so seeds you find is juist food you can grow", which means "Potato seed = potato that you have to wait for", and that is the most artificial difficulty/economy barrier I've ever seen in my life, why not just give me the potato then?

Please do the math. A LotL tier1(*) farm plot will give you back the equivalent of 1 seed plus 1.5 plants **on average**. That is very much sustainable while not absolutely safe from mis-harvests. Just like reality, by the way 😉

(*) tier 1 meaning 1 perk point invested in LotL

20 hours ago, RhinoW said:

I might be a minority here, but I really think bandits is possibly one of the worst things to add to the game. It will 100% take a bunch of time to make, needing more complex AI and animations than the zombies, and it will come with its fair share of bugs until it is fixed, which will take up more time.

Time that could be used to focus on the main selling points of this game, which is the sandbox exploration and tower defense/7 day horde and polishing it. Why would they add something the game clearly doesn't need? Hats of to them for going with the duke storyline and having all that cool concept art and most likely really neat end game ideas in the backlog, but isn't that essentially shifting the focus of the game into 2 major parts? Bandits/Storyline and Zombies? When the game has always been about the zombies and surviving them? Only recently (in comparison to how many alphas there are) did the trader actually become something core to the gameplay rather than an elusive spawn on the map.

So many things that still need to be looked into (and I know some of these are already confirmed)

- Stealth and sleepers

- Combat and fluidity (recoil, animations, weapon swapping, hit reactions)

- Gore and VFX update (ex: zombie cop puke)

- Sound update and vehicle physics/controls

- Player character and armor

- New mods/Mod visuals/Mod rebalance

- Swimming

- Biome/PoI identity and zombie variants (remember the frostbitten zombies from previous alphas?)

- Special infected (we need new ones, some for bloodmoons, some for PoIs, some for both, and with very distinct abilities to make the player have to think about their base building)

- Blood Moon spawns (currently it's just shoot the bullet sponges that decide to focus on a single block until the demolisher comes which then punishes you from shooting a horde)

7 days to die is the only PVE survival zombie game out there that is able to differentiate itself from others and actually innovate, rather than being a reskin of your average survival game with X setting. Why would they go the route of adding bandits, to, let's be real, an already buggy game with its current AI. Never once in my life did I think "Damn, this game really needs human enemies".

I agree mostly with your arguments. I am also not sure if the bandits will work in a way it will satisfy me. I also fear that they will just introduce them as a new stronger and special enemy type but i do not really think they will behave like real bandits would do. I hardly doubt that they will scavenge the towns or trading with you or other groups in an realistic manner. Interaction won`t be very immersive so just don`t try to do so. Focus on battling it would be fun just to encounter them, being annoyed an when they are too strong and established on one spot, it would be cool to hire your own bandits to do some gang fights with them, but please not as a main aspect of the game, it should be a side task. When you don`t want them it should be easy to dodge them. But yes, there are cooler things they could keep focus on. Meh.