Player Log b317 Start

zztong

I joined a new game on a friendly server on Day 2 at 1044. There were 7 other players on the server.

The starting quests were done by Day 2 at 1241. I took 2 Strength (taking me to 3) and 2 Club. I had learned from the previous playthrough that Stamina was going to be an issue and this purchase was aimed at making sure I could fight.

I started next to the "Johnson Family Cabin" (T1) which I raided in hopes of finding useful stuff. Notable loot included 2 glue, which I used to make pieces of padded armor. I finished that POI Day 2 at 1558.

I headed to the Trader which was 875m away. I hunted, killed zombies, and scavenged along the way. I earned a level and put a point in Master Chef to try and get a head start on cooking magazines.

I cleared out Pass-N-Gas Store #06 (T0) around Day 2 at 1945. I liked this little POI and would eventually make it my base.

I arrived at Trader Jen Day 2 at 2110. She was located in a Rural District of a Town with an Industrial District nearby. She had cookpots and grills for sale, but I could not afford them. I took a job.

I started into Bear-N-Land Coal Mining around 2230. Since it was night time, it would be 6 hours until the Trader was open, I decided to "double dip" this POI.

On Day 3 at 0610 I turned in my quest at the trader and used the money to buy a cookpot. I boiled some water and ate canned food.

I started Abandoned Shady Farms on Day 3 at 0915. I chose to "double dip" this POI as well because the POI had a kitchen and I wanted the extra chances at food and water.

On Day 3 at 1347 I turned in the quest at Trader Jen's and bought a Grill.

I was into Joe's USA around 1535. I didn't know this POI so I didn't start the quest so that I could scout it out without having to worry about quest boundaries. I could see a potential ambush spot in a fenced area, a dog house -- so a potential dog in the POI, a potential trap in climbing on the container, or an ambush dropping down into the container. I "double dipped", so I played it twice. The fenced area seemed to activate on a trigger. I didn't encounter a dog. No traps. It was a nice T1 POI.

On Day 3 around 1900 I turned in the quest and bought a Filter.

By Day 3 around 2338 I got enough magazines to make a Dew Collector. My quest was "Buried Treasure" so that I could spend the night in the field hunting and digging. My notes start to get sparse at this point because I was almost food/water stable.

I had a buried treasure quest for the night, which let me hunt Zs and animals. I turned that quest in on Day 4 around 0610.

My notes stop with an entry for Day 4 at 0800 as The Wetz Residence.

The rest of Day 4 probably involved another quest. That night involved moving in to Pass-N-Gas Store #06 and setting up the Dew Collector, Campfire w/Pot and Grill, and a Writable Storage Container.

Summary: I suspect this playthrough is more like what the designers had envisioned. I had to manage thirst and hunger, but the quests/POIs handed out just enough to make that possible and see some progress.

And now try any other style of playing and fail miserably. I really don´t get it. I mean the majority of players was already looting POI´s a lot. Why do they insist that everybody plays the same way? That makes the game more boring. Totally kills the concept of having roles in a group and excludes those who don´t like the action part of the game.

And all the changes have a very small to zero effect on progression in SP. They only really hit hard in MP.