How to empty bucket of water?

KillingLoki

Hi.

I am trying to make a small pool at my base but i can,t figure out how to move water in Alpha 21.

First i tried digging a trench from a nearby lake, but the water stopped flowing halfway.

Then i made a bucket and filled it with water, but when i try to pour out the water i can,t do it.

Is a bucket  of water only for crafting recipes now? description says its for moving water.

I haven't tried in A21, but earlier it was the same mouse button as the fill (iirc). The aiming, it needs a block target just like a frame - so you can't throw it at the horizon, which is just something I've seen people try. Aim at a block (not water) nearby and click.. if it still works, that's how.. :)

13 hours ago, KillingLoki said:

Good to know,  then its a bug for me,  i did not start a new save/world on B317 update so maybe somthing broke.

Thx for the information.

I literally just ran into the same issue as you. It seems to happen if you move something into your toolbar while you have the bucket of water in your inventory. Can you try making a new bucket and filling/emptying the water in one go?

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

5 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

I literally just ran into the same issue as you. It seems to happen if you move something into your toolbar while you have the bucket of water in your inventory. Can you try making a new bucket and filling/emptying the water in one go?

Tested and the new bucket work.
I tried to break it and manage to do it again, i filled the bucket with water and then moved it to my inventory and placed a shovel in the same spot in the toolbar and dug a few blocks then when i moved the bucket back to toolbar it was broken again.

5 hours ago, KillingLoki said:

Tested and the new bucket work.
I tried to break it and manage to do it again, i filled the bucket with water and then moved it to my inventory and placed a shovel in the same spot in the toolbar and dug a few blocks then when i moved the bucket back to toolbar it was broken again.

Yeah it's something to do with the toolbar I think, I already submitted a bug report. At least the workaround for now is don't mess with your inventory while you have the bucket of water (seems ok if the bucket is empty, only happens when it's full)