Idea for Alpha 22 - Ambient music for bases ?

Teezer

Hey guys,

I'm settled near a Traitor Joel's shop, and I really appreciate the music and the look of the shop, it's very enjoyable to stay with Joel!

But then I come back to my tiny base, and there is this sad little music of the lost wanderer.

I mean this music is cool for the beginning, but I want to have a cool music for my base as well when I build up a huge safe and cozy fortress.

I was wondering if it's possible to add a jukebox that changes the music in our base, with like 10 rare disks to loot with different kinds of atmosphere.

It would really bring a feeling of accomplishment, like you have a cool bad ass little music in your cool bad ass little base

8 hours ago, Teezer said:

Hey guys,

I'm settled near a Traitor Joel's shop, and I really appreciate the music and the look of the shop, it's very enjoyable to stay with Joel!

But then I come back to my tiny base, and there is this sad little music of the lost wanderer.

I mean this music is cool for the beginning, but I want to have a cool music for my base as well when I build up a huge safe and cozy fortress.

I was wondering if it's possible to add a jukebox that changes the music in our base, with like 10 rare disks to loot with different kinds of atmosphere.

It would really bring a feeling of accomplishment, like you have a cool bad ass little music in your cool bad ass little base

I would love a jukebox for our bases with a selection of music, either built-in our where you can put your own mp3s in a folder and it uses those.

I can picture putting one in my horde base and playing orchestral battle music during horde night.   Sounds like a great addition to me!

Yeah that's the point!

Like if you want to have a boost of motivation, you set your base music of Joel's shop.

If you want to bing-chilling in your base with your buddies, you set your base music with something with piano or idk

And when blood moon comes, you set a warrior spirit music or a creepy one in your base.

And these music disks, you find them at a very low rate or only in the trader's shop for like 10k bucks

Pretty sure it's nothing very difficult to implement and can decrease a lot of the mid-late game boredom 

I wonder what @Roland thinks about this

I’d be totally on board for this. Collectibles like this are great. Definitely not on their to do list to finish the game but maybe something they could do when there’s time. They plan to keep updating the game with content for up to two years after gold so it isn’t beyond the realm of possibility. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2023 at 5:29 PM, Riamus said:

I would love a jukebox for our bases with a selection of music, either built-in our where you can put your own mp3s in a folder and it uses those.

I can picture putting one in my horde base and playing orchestral battle music during horde night.   Sounds like a great addition to me!

Ahh yes I would love to survive hoard night to Barbie Girl and Elmos World myself XD 

but no I think that would be totally awsome. Hell even adding radio stations would be great you could tune into for different in game stations would be good. Maybe even adding Radios for you to broadcast to messages to in game.