Spears, power attacks, and stamina... Oh, my!

Riamus

Got a question for everyone using spears...

It seems like the stamina regen after using a power attack on a sugar that brings stamina to zero is either very slow or didn't start right away.  I'm wondering if this is just me.

If I use a normal attack repeatedly until I run out of stamina, the time until I can attack again is fairly fast.  Or, if I run until I am out of stamina and try attacking, the time until I can attack is equally as fast.    However, if I use a power attack with the spear that brings stamina to zero, it seems to take almost twice as long before I can attack with a normal attack again.  Almost as if it is bringing stamina to a negative value or something.

Maybe this is normal and other weapons that had real power attacks in A20 also did this?  I always used spear, which didn't have a real power attack, so I don't know if this was the case.

I'll do some timings outside combat and see if this is just a perception in combat or if it is actually a longer delay but I wanted to see if others experienced this as well.

Power attacks have had that effect for a while as far as I know. You lose the stamina from the attack and your regen is halted for a second or two. Haven't messed with A21 much yet but would imagine it's still the same as it was.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

Power attacks have had that effect for a while as far as I know. You lose the stamina from the attack and your regen is halted for a second or two. Haven't messed with A21 much yet but would imagine it's still the same as it was.

Ok, thank you.  I only used spears in A20 for melee so never saw this effect and wasn't sure if it was new.

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Ok, thank you.  I only used spears in A20 for melee so never saw this effect and wasn't sure if it was new.

That's because in a20 you would throw your spear on a power attack in vanilla 7d2d.