Question about new loot and book systems

MoSkitz

So I always play this game with a friend.  Normally she picks up lucky looter and loots everything.  My question with the new book looting thing, when I put points into archery, do I need to loot to get the increased chances for books, or will it effect her looting since we are grouped?

It would only affect containers that you personally loot. Just have her bring back any archery-related mags (and anything else you're spec'ing into) back home. Just because she specs into other things doesn't mean she won't find stuff useful to you as well, but it is true that the increase only applies to the containers you open.

8 hours ago, Survior said:

OP, if you don't loot stuff you won't find books related to your skills.

Not exactly true.  The chance to loot "books related to your skills" is a bonus chance above the normal loot rolls.  The bonus items do not replace the base items they supplement them.  So in that regard during MP, teammates have similar chances to loot applicable books to share with builders and non-looters like they always did.

Of course if a player is min/maxing their own progress they will have to open loot containers for those bonus loot chances for books related to skills.    

3 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Not exactly true.  The chance to loot "books related to your skills" is a bonus chance above the normal loot rolls.  The bonus items do not replace the base items they supplement them.  So in that regard during MP, teammates have similar chances to loot applicable books to share with builders and non-looters like they always did.

Of course if a player is min/maxing their own progress they will have to open loot containers for those bonus loot chances for books related to skills.    

I think they were specifically referring to not getting the boost from the perk.  The boost is only for things you personally open and does not get applied to the party.  You will of course still find all magazines in loot regardless of whether or not you have a boost.  You just miss out on what your boost can give you if someone else does the looting.