Toggle POI names and the Danger meter on/off

pApA^LeGBa

Yes, there should be an option to hide these.  I think there should be options to hide each item on the HUD.  HUD mods are probably the most common mods in games because everyone has a different opinion of what looks good there, so I think all games should allow control over what is on the HUD.

I am at least happy the popup is apparently only one time per POI so unless I misunderstood, you won't see it again if you go back to that POI later.  That is at least something.  To me, that popup is too large, too ugly, and too close to the middle of the screen.  There is no good reason for that to be there.  Games where such popups appear that work are ones where there is a loading screen or cutscene or similar that pauses play.  For this game, it is just in the way.

I'm fine with the small name at the top right and I like that we now have real names for POIs.  But that middle popup is really horrible.  Definitely plan to get rid of it ASAP.

And quite honestly, whoo needs a danger meter anyhow?  Maybe a new player for the first hour or so of play until they realize how easy it is to tell if you can handle something.  And most new players will likely do quests that will take them to the tier 1 POI so they aren't going into the higher level ones right away anyhow.  You can pretty much look at a POI and know right what tier it is.  And even if you are wrong because it has a subterranean area or something, it is so easy to retreat that it really doesn't matter.  The only things that have much chance to catch you are the animals.  The regular zombies stop following pretty quickly and unless you have them on sprint, they usually won't catch you unless you are slowed down for whatever reason.  Default only had sprint for night, IIRC.  And a death at night to learn that night can be dangerous isn't a bad thing.

I just really don't see useful value in a danger meter.

I can see the value of it, but yes, we need to be able to toggle it on or off. No reason to force it on all the time.

A21 has some good changes, but several questionable changes as well that don't seem to have any apparent logic behind them.